Pages:
Author

Topic: F2Pool「魚池」🐟 - page 16. (Read 169327 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
December 07, 2015, 12:33:02 AM
Fuck this pool and anyone who continues to mine here.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
December 06, 2015, 10:46:45 PM
Choosing to DDoS my pool for any reason is illegal in most countries ...
Redirecting a DDoS to my pool is no different to choosing to DDoS my pool.

Also, the fact that you pointed out, that your SPV 'dead pool miners' to my pool, were using important IP addresses for f2pool, was a really stupid thing for you to do ...

Personally I don't care what they are and what else you use them for, but you pointed those IP addresses, to mining at my mining pool with the same BTC address, belonging to f2pool ... ... ... ... yeah you didn't think that one out very well did you?
Activity: 324
Merit: 260
December 06, 2015, 09:39:34 PM
I will repeat my statement one more time: Our mining operation is innovative, only benefiting bitcoin, not harming it. We did not and will not DDoS anyone. And what I said earlier was that we HAVE TO redirect someone else’s attack, including those potential ones from Kano, to Kano’s pool IF that attack is a result of the provoked post of him. Because the attack is caused, directly or indirectly, by him.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
December 06, 2015, 06:11:40 AM
Mining on stratum headers is just one innovative contribution among many others from us. And we are happy to see this innovation has been adopted not only by us but also AntPool and BTCC.

"Innovative" is hardly the word for it.  Dangerous and stupid are far more accurate ways to describe it.  You've contributed absolutely nothing.
December 06, 2015, 05:56:25 AM
My posts will continue to be deleted but I must warn all of you mining at this pool what you are helping them accomplish.
They are threatening Denial of Service attacks on another pool. You should consider continuing to support F2pool any longer.
It is a disgrace.
See this:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/spv-mining-and-how-to-slow-it-down-if-you-care-to-1274066

We are not threatening DoS on any pools. Just four long-live connections do not have any impact on their pool.

You specifically said that the next time your pool is DoS'd you'd redirect it at Kano's pool. The context was in revenge for Kano posting those four IP addresses.

You could turn all this negative press around by 1) focusing your technical attention on making your pool fast and scalable without relying on SPV mining tricks (which ck has proven is emanently doable), and 2) by being relentlessly professional in your communication with this forum (instead of being petty and infantile).

You currently enjoy tremendous marketing share. If you want to keep and grow that share, you will need to evolve.

Thanks. We will always investigate for new technologies to make our pool fast and scalable. Mining on stratum headers is just one innovative contribution among many others from us. And we are happy to see this innovation has been adopted not only by us but also AntPool and BTCC. In fact our pool, despite recent huge user/hashrate growth, is a lot more effective than AntPool according to different benchmarks.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
December 05, 2015, 05:13:24 PM
My posts will continue to be deleted but I must warn all of you mining at this pool what you are helping them accomplish.
They are threatening Denial of Service attacks on another pool. You should consider continuing to support F2pool any longer.
It is a disgrace.
See this:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/spv-mining-and-how-to-slow-it-down-if-you-care-to-1274066

We are not threatening DoS on any pools. Just four long-live connections do not have any impact on their pool.

You specifically said that the next time your pool is DoS'd you'd redirect it at Kano's pool. The context was in revenge for Kano posting those four IP addresses.

You could turn all this negative press around by 1) focusing your technical attention on making your pool fast and scalable without relying on SPV mining tricks (which ck has proven is emanently doable), and 2) by being relentlessly professional in your communication with this forum (instead of being petty and infantile).

You currently enjoy tremendous marketing share. If you want to keep and grow that share, you will need to evolve.
December 05, 2015, 11:55:59 AM
It is a disgrace.
See this:

December 03, 2015, 11:23:26 AM
Under DDOS?  everything dropping to zero, but fine on my side. 

If data on the web page is empty, please reload after a minute.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000
December 02, 2015, 08:47:12 PM
Under DDOS?  everything dropping to zero, but fine on my side. 
December 02, 2015, 08:57:18 AM
Hi, I've found this pool to be a great pool. The LTC connection was great with a very low reject rate. The BTC connection I found had a higher reject rate and sometimes the connection would have temporary problems (disconnects and lost share responses) but this has improved.
As a low hash rate miner in Europe I suppose I should keep my BTC connection against the main Chinese servers.
I stopped using the LTC connection, because as a low hash rate miner I found myself getting a lot of low value daily DOGE payouts. With the current 1 DOGE per kB fee, these payouts would prove very expensive to use. Perhaps there should be a minimum for the merged coins aswell?
As regards to not many people adding VIA payout addresses, are users alerted when a new coin is added?

DOGE network is not very busy. You don't have to pay the fee your tx will get confirmed anyway. Add line "break;" just before line "CAmount nFeeNeeded = GetMinimumFee(txNew, nBytes, nTxConfirmTarget, mempool);" in src/wallet/wallet.cpp
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
December 02, 2015, 07:56:54 AM
Hi, I've found this pool to be a great pool. The LTC connection was great with a very low reject rate. The BTC connection I found had a higher reject rate and sometimes the connection would have temporary problems (disconnects and lost share responses) but this has improved.
As a low hash rate miner in Europe I suppose I should keep my BTC connection against the main Chinese servers.
I stopped using the LTC connection, because as a low hash rate miner I found myself getting a lot of low value daily DOGE payouts. With the current 1 DOGE per kB fee, these payouts would prove very expensive to use. Perhaps there should be a minimum for the merged coins aswell?
As regards to not many people adding VIA payout addresses, are users alerted when a new coin is added?
November 30, 2015, 09:56:47 AM
stratum-us.f2pool.com is now available for U.S.-based miners, port number 25, 80, 3333, or for litecoin, 8888.

We do not recommend miners in Europe to use this server unless your ping time to our China-based servers larger than 300 ms. The initial difficulty of this server is set to 4096, Bitcoin mining devices slower than 200 Ghash/s should use the main servers, too.

Remember set our main servers stratum.f2pool.com as backup. You may also want to set other pools for backup, too.
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
November 24, 2015, 05:01:57 PM
Well tired yesterday for over an hour with cgminer 3.7.2 and it started at 512 diff on scrypt then after 4 rejects jumped to 1.024k diff didn't notice at all the lowering of the varr diff. Is there a command i can use to start at lower diff (very low hash rate here <..)

Oh and does that also apply to btc mining did you lower the diff lvl for that one too?

Thanks

Icon

November 24, 2015, 03:56:40 AM
Noticed you have raised the scrypt min diff from 256 to 512, any reason why? O and the zombie.f2pool.com is now 1k diff...

Lastly also noticed you have stooped payments on VIA coins (merged mine with ltc mining) guess you needed more BTC

All the btc you getting not paying for the bandwidth anymore?

Icon

Only the initial diff raised to 512, but min diff has lowered to 128. I don't know how many people are interested in VIA, after many weeks we had introduced VIA payout, most users still left their VIA payout empty, plus a VIA hard fork is coming soon. It is not about paying bandwidth. The viacoin revenue is tiny to us.
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
November 23, 2015, 09:48:38 PM
Noticed you have raised the scrypt min diff from 256 to 512, any reason why? O and the zombie.f2pool.com is now 1k diff...

Lastly also noticed you have stooped payments on VIA coins (merged mine with ltc mining) guess you needed more BTC

All the btc you getting not paying for the bandwidth anymore?

Icon

November 21, 2015, 03:46:46 AM

Hi,
Is F2pool dropping iXcoin merge mining?

No. We only reduced the hashrate by half to allow other people joining in.

Sorry,
What do you mean with "other people joining in"? Other merged mined coins?
Thanks

So the ixcoin network won't get stuck if we disappears, which should not happen in near future.

On Dec 15th Ghash will stop mining iXcoin. Will you stop supporting iXcoin as well?

Now we only mine Namecoin and Huntercoin with Bitcoin. Sorry.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
November 03, 2015, 02:19:52 PM
Are we on DDOS ?
Activity: 221
October 11, 2015, 02:34:07 PM
the pool is rock solid (cant say the same about their site.  Grin ), fast payments and predictable income.
Activity: 229
October 07, 2015, 04:21:17 PM
so this pool is good? i see about 85 Phash/s
is secure?
only 1 payment at day...  Sad Sad
only autopayment.......
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
October 06, 2015, 02:43:02 PM
This is a good pool PPS?
all ok?
No, this is one of the worst pools.
This pool did some serious damage to the bitcoin network in the last months (full rbf without prior warning and svp mining without validation...)

Everyone mining here wants bitcoin to fail. Use ckpool or bitminer, they are more profitable anyway.

Sorry I have to remove your original post to prevent it from misleading potential future miners. Your claim is simply not true. We are one of the best pools and we believe the way we do mining is the right way to do it. Also we are probably one of the most profitable PPS pools out there if namecoin and huntercoin payouts are considered.
So you are saying that you didn't do SVP mining and caused a major fork (together with antpool). You also deny that you implemented Full RBF and reverted the change a few hours later when you realised how bad full RBF without prior announcement is?

Sorry to say this but F2Pool is the MtGox of mining pools.
Pages:
Jump to: