Pages:
Author

Topic: f2pool not supporting roundtable was Re: 「魚池」BTC:270 Phash/s - LTC:500 Ghash/s - New Server in U.S. stratum-us.f2pool.com - page 2. (Read 4532 times)

ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
It's about time to end this close-door roundtable consensus process.
Complete goes against Satoshi's consensus-forming process.

wrong. satoshi's "consensus-forming process" is PoW a.k.a. hashpower. what we are seeing now is nothing else than the miners trying to find a mutual solution before they make eventually use of their power, which is totally fine and a sign of respect.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
@petertoddbtc

@JihanWu False nVersion settings risk accidentally triggering safety warnings, or worse, triggering forks; nVersion is consensus-critical.

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/702726905435389952
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
It's about time to end this close-door roundtable consensus process.
Complete goes against Satoshi's consensus-forming process.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
iCEBREAKER, the more you post, the more my IQ continues to drop. I have a sinking suspicion others feel the same way.

btw he was member of the hashfast-scam.

Yes. I should have done that all along instead of getting drawn into this pathetic trolling.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Mess with the honey badger and you get the claws.  Plus the teeth.
Really icebreaker? So you are endorsing DDoS attacks now? So much for consensus.

Anyway, it's pretty clear to me that the weaker side is the one that has to resort to using force to get their way. Core will fall, you can count on it.

The "weaker side" is the one getting pwnd by DDoS attacks voting.  

It used to be called XT, but they have now rebranded to Classic.  Same shit, different pile.

Stating well-known facts about Honey Badger isn't "endorsing" anything.

But don't let that stand in the way of your quest to make this all about *me* (ie personalize the debate) instead of the real issues at hand.

Core will not "fall."  Classic will be #R3KT like Stannis at Winterfell.   Cool

Hahaha that's hilarious! iCEBREAKER, I think *you* are the one who constantly tries to make the discussion about *you*, as every other post by you is a personal attack or attempt to piss people off. Your attention seeking is transparent and pretty fucking pathetic. Get a life Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
is it official blockstream is not supporting roundtable?

its my understanding that f2pool will support the roundtable, if blockstream does to.

can mods rename the thread to reflect this reality?

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
Ok, so core supporters should be given the benefit of doubt no matter what, but with the other side it's all cloak and daggers?
I never said that either side was clean. Some cases are very obvious though, such as this one. The tactic is quite simple: Some major player does something related to Classic -> DDoS them -> blame Core.

Obvious to you. To others it's even more obvious that this is a straight out attack from core supporters. Miners and nodes were discouraged by the XT ddos attacks. They work. A blame game would be pointless when the nodes and miners don't dare run the software.

Since when did we start believing such tales when there is zero evidence of something?
?
?
?

Hey! That was my point!

What is this? The Twilight Zone?

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
is it official blockstream is not supporting roundtable?

its my understanding that f2pool will support the roundtable, if blockstream does to.

ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
iCEBREAKER, the more you post, the more my IQ continues to drop. I have a sinking suspicion others feel the same way.

btw he was member of the hashfast-scam.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Ok, so core supporters should be given the benefit of doubt no matter what, but with the other side it's all cloak and daggers?
I never said that either side was clean. Some cases are very obvious though, such as this one. The tactic is quite simple: Some major player does something related to Classic -> DDoS them -> blame Core. Since when did we start believing such tales when there is zero evidence of something?
legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Mess with the honey badger and you get the claws.  Plus the teeth.
Really icebreaker? So you are endorsing DDoS attacks now? So much for consensus.

Anyway, it's pretty clear to me that the weaker side is the one that has to resort to using force to get their way. Core will fall, you can count on it.

The "weaker side" is the one getting pwnd by DDoS attacks voting.  

It used to be called XT, but they have now rebranded to Classic.  Same shit, different pile.

Stating well-known facts about Honey Badger isn't "endorsing" anything.

But don't let that stand in the way of your quest to make this all about *me* (ie personalize the debate) instead of the real issues at hand.

Core will not "fall."  Classic will be #R3KT like Stannis at Winterfell.   Cool

legendary
Activity: 1526
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
I think it's more likely that the people who have financial incentive invested in seeing one side succeed over the other would engage in these tactics.
So both sides? Great, this helps out out.

Oh really? So the same thing happening to XT was just a coincidence?
What makes you think that XT nodes were the only ones under DDoS at that time?

That's the whole point of this. Divide Bitcoin internally and try to crush it, because the cryptography that it currently uses is not breakable.
Certain people stand to lose a lot if Bitcoin succeeds to become mainstream. This has nothing to do with the 2 MB block size limit. You need to look at the bigger picture. However, this is off-topic here. There are other places where you might find relevant information.
Some information is not for everyone. I'm giving you a friendly warning once again, stop derailing the thread as this is off-topic. I will not respond further on this subject in this thread.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Announcement: We will withdraw support from February 21’s roundtable consensus, unless Adam Back gives us a reasonable explanation why he quietly changed his title from Blockstream President to Individual at the very last moment — without anybody noticed. We feel we’ve been cheated. I don’t know how we can trust Blockstream anymore in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdeWd4p0GiI
legendary
Terminated.
I think it's more likely that the people who have financial incentive invested in seeing one side succeed over the other would engage in these tactics.
So both sides? Great, this helps out out.

What makes you think that XT nodes were the only ones under DDoS at that time?
legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000
Pretty sure they still are.  But fuck F2 for giving users a choice of what implementation they'd like to see, right?  Resorting to DDoS attacks to try and prevent Classic just proves that small block supporters are getting desperate.
I'm surprised by how easy it is to manipulate you guys. It could have easily been a Classic supporter that was doing this in order to make it look like it was someone from Core. This is becoming a joke. It is quite unfortunate that this is happening to F2Pool, but don't make blind accusations.

Are DDoS False flags really a thing now?

legendary
Terminated.
Pretty sure they still are.  But fuck F2 for giving users a choice of what implementation they'd like to see, right?  Resorting to DDoS attacks to try and prevent Classic just proves that small block supporters are getting desperate.
I'm surprised by how easy it is to manipulate you guys. It could have easily been a Classic supporter that was doing this in order to make it look like it was someone from Core. This is becoming a joke. It is quite unfortunate that this is happening to F2Pool, but don't make blind accusations.
Activity: 737
Merit: 500

Indeed. And I don't understand why people like iCEBREAKER and hdbuck, who clearly have the mental age of a toddler judging by their tantrums, are still taken seriously by people here.

They're the hard core of the Core.

If that's the case, Core is lost.
legendary
Activity: 996

Indeed. And I don't understand why people like iCEBREAKER and hdbuck, who clearly have the mental age of a toddler judging by their tantrums, are still taken seriously by people here.

They're the hard core of the Core.
Pages:
Jump to: