Pages:
Author

Topic: f2pool not supporting roundtable was Re: 「魚池」BTC:270 Phash/s - LTC:500 Ghash/s - New Server in U.S. stratum-us.f2pool.com - page 8. (Read 4534 times)

donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
What an idiot.

Like anyone in the community didn't know who Adam Back is.
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
Announcement: We will withdraw support from February 21’s roundtable consensus, unless Adam Back gives us a reasonable explanation why he quietly changed his title from Blockstream President to Individual at the very last moment — without anybody noticed. We feel we’ve been cheated. I don’t know how we can trust Blockstream anymore in the future.

Great.
Activity: 826
Announcement: We will withdraw support from February 21’s roundtable consensus, unless Adam Back gives us a reasonable explanation why he quietly changed his title from Blockstream President to Individual at the very last moment — without anybody noticed. We feel we’ve been cheated. I don’t know how we can trust Blockstream anymore in the future.

If that is the biggest issue in this meting I really don't understand your culture. I would say that allowing only one side that has good funding present there case is much more problematic...

There are probably also things you need to know. Do you know how overwhelming support is defined? I don't think you know this but I don't think there will be there in June 2017... At lest not to Core definition. Why?

https://medium.com/@elliotolds/lesser-known-reasons-to-keep-blocks-small-in-the-words-of-bitcoin-core-developers-44861968185e#.gwesnyqjs
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Feel free to start your own coin then - enjoy your own empty blocks.

Bye.
8up
Activity: 618
Merit: 500

dont trust blockstream, dont trust core, dont trust coinbase, dont trust classic, dont trust obama.

stop being the whiny little girl seeking for some daddy comfort, this is bitcoin.

This. Just this!
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?

So you poeple are waking up to Blockstream Core disingenuous tactics? Its about time.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Give me a break - new low in the discussion, this was released days ago and just now they come out with this concern.  We need to get some real leadership around this discussion and stop giving the drama queens a microphone.  
legendary
Activity: 1400

As a miner, what is your real interest? To have a full block until july 2017, allowing people to spend more fees for making a transacion or to have a more scalable solution by 1 month ?
legendary
Activity: 817

Is this really the first manipulative shady thing you've seen them do? The past few weeks have been littered with all kinds of shit from Maxwell and Adam. You miners need to think for yourself. Bigger blocks means you collect more fees, while smaller blocks + LN gets blockstream more fees.Bitcoin works by people acting in their own economic self interest, it's time you miners start acting in yours.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1034
Announcement: We will withdraw support from February 21’s roundtable consensus, unless Adam Back gives us a reasonable explanation why he quietly changed his title from Blockstream President to Individual at the very last moment — without anybody noticed. We feel we’ve been cheated. I don’t know how we can trust Block stream anymore in the future.

Why does this even matter? I took the change to indicate that Adam was merely attempting to be humble and go into the meeting representing himself and his ideas rather than representing his company.

Remember Blockstream employees signed a pledge indicating that their primary allegiance is to Bitcoin before themselves or Blockstream, Adam Back being listed as an individual makes sense in context:
https://twitter.com/cnLedger/status/702288186265903104

This being said, you should have a healthy level of skepticism with everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

How is this different from Gmaxwell dropping his commit status without notice - Is this an issue to you because in your eyes blockstream now has no liability nor prior commitment to what was determined last weekend?  I'm going out on a limb here but perhaps they didn't mention this because it could be blown out of proportion? 
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
@macbook-air
Personally, I think that you should stop trusting anyone by default (even me), and start to try to hear every voices/opinions ...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

dont trust blockstream, dont trust core, dont trust coinbase, dont trust classic, dont trust obama.

stop being the whiny little girl seeking for some daddy comfort, this is bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: