Pages:
Author

Topic: f2pool not supporting roundtable was Re: 「魚池」BTC:270 Phash/s - LTC:500 Ghash/s - New Server in U.S. stratum-us.f2pool.com - page 3. (Read 4532 times)

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

Indeed. And I don't understand why people like iCEBREAKER and hdbuck, who clearly have the mental age of a toddler judging by their tantrums, are still taken seriously by people here.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
We are currently under DDoS counterattack.

Fixed it for you.

Mess with the honey badger and you get the claws.  Plus the teeth.

Dumbest counterattack ever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/47luh3/f2pool_is_under_ddos_attack/d0dxlvr

Hah, yeah I saw that.

This iCEBREAKER guy is the most toxic member of a the community I've seen in a long time.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
I don't hear coredevs or blockstream condemning the DDOS attacks.

Thanks f2pool for standing up!

Meh, it is just the free market doing its thing.

You wanted competition? there ya go.. teh interwebz is mean y know.

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I don't hear coredevs or blockstream condemning the DDOS attacks.

Thanks f2pool for standing up!

legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

Fixed it for you.

Mess with the honey badger and you get the claws.  Plus the teeth.

Really icebreaker? So you are endorsing DDoS attacks now? So much for consensus.

Anyway, it's pretty clear to me that the weaker side is the one that has to resort to using force to get their way. Core will fall, you can count on it.
legendary
Activity: 784
We are currently under DDoS attack.

Were you running Classic? Wink

Pretty sure they still are.  But fuck F2 for giving users a choice of what implementation they'd like to see, right?  Resorting to DDoS attacks to try and prevent Classic just proves that small block supporters are getting desperate.
legendary
Activity: 784
A HF to 2MB blocks in 2016 is debatable at this point. In 2017, I think that most agree it's happening one way or another.

Last year the XT pushers told us

A HF to 8MB blocks in 2015 is debatable at this point. In 2016, I think that most agree it's happening one way or another.

If Classic can't shrug off a few silly script kiddies and their flimsy DDoS attacks, why does it deserve to replace Core?

You do realize that Classic is Core with a few parameter tweaks, right?  I'm generally pretty agreeable around here, but are you actually mentally challenged?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
And this thread is still about f2pool?  Roll Eyes Split coming up soon.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
A HF to 2MB blocks in 2016 is debatable at this point. In 2017, I think that most agree it's happening one way or another.

A HF to 8MB blocks in 2015 is debatable at this point. In 2016, I think that most agree it's happening one way or another.

If Classic can't shrug off a few silly script kiddies and their flimsy DDoS attacks, why does it deserve to replace Core?

I agree, Classic hasn't earned the right to replace Core. It has however influenced Core to improve communication, meet with miners and likely to update (euphemism clarify) the roadmap. Competition, even if uneven is a good thing.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

legendary
... "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."

Fixed it for you.

Scumbag tactics from the "economic majority".  Roll Eyes Color me unsurprised.

Scumbag tactics?  You mean like attempting to force a contentious hard fork at a 75/25 split with only 28 days warning, while using FUD as a thin wedge to insert a governance coup?

Don't cry to me when you poke the Honey Badger and he rips your face off.  You knew that was bound to happen.  Remember XT?  LAAAWL!

The HK meeting was far more effective at getting agreement than a few bits sent at mining pools or nodes. The day when Bitcoin needs individuals to perform DDoS attacks to survive is a day when the Honey Badger is on life support.

Honey Badger doesn't need to rip your face off if you tickle him.  That's just how he rolls.

Write his obituary if it makes you feel better about delicate snowflake Classic's utter lack of antifragility.  He doesn't really give a damn.

My opinion is that there is no relevance between DDoS, Honey Badgers and Classic - it's all just a semi-annoying by-product of individuals who feel their ideology is threatened. If the network users decide that there are to be larger blocks, there will be larger blocks. If not, there won't be. XT died because end users said so.

legendary

Fixed it for you.

Scumbag tactics?  You mean like attempting to force a contentious hard fork at a 75/25 split with only 28 days warning, while using FUD as a thin wedge to insert a governance coup?

Don't cry to me when you poke the Honey Badger and he rips your face off.  You knew that was bound to happen.  Remember XT?  LAAAWL!

The HK meeting was far more effective at getting agreement than a few bits sent at mining pools or nodes. The day when Bitcoin needs individuals to perform DDoS attacks to survive is a day when the Honey Badger is on life support.

Honey Badger doesn't need to rip your face off if you tickle him.  That's just how he rolls.

Write his obituary if it makes you feel better about delicate snowflake Classic's utter lack of antifragility.  He doesn't really give a damn.
legendary

Fixed it for you.

legendary

Fixed it for you.

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Fixed it for you.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
legendary

Fixed it for you.

Really? DDoS attack is not what makes bitcoin consensus strong and it can be easily countered by the most well capitalized businesses getting larger and more centralized.

Honey badger's characteristic ferocity creates disincentives to attack him.

As for your happy talk and gross generalizations about the broad category of DDoS attacks, whether or they they are "countered easily" depends on their scale.

By now you should know the Core Defense Network and small block militia have demonstrated capacity sufficient to take down entire ISPs and data centers for hours or days.

The fact macbook is here disclosing the attack indicates it is not trivial.  I forget, did they ever get stratum working through Cloudflare?

Let's see how breezily you gloss over 500Gbps of energized particle beam when La Serenissima's orbiting battle stations have you in their crosshairs.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

Fixed it for you.

[img]http://i.m.a/ret.ard[/ img]

Fatman, are you sure he's three already?

Idk. He reminds me of a character in Alien 3 called 85. Except he would probably be closer to 64.
Pages:
Jump to: