Pages:
Author

Topic: Fake token in wallet - page 11. (Read 1568 times)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
August 26, 2021, 07:50:39 AM
Me too I receive that fake BSC tokens, but I think it will not cause any harm to your wallet because that was only visible since it was sent to your wallet address unless you made any mistake that exposed your wallet keys and password or even phrase so for the better just let it there and hide it from displaying but some airdrop that was sent to my address has some value but not that big. like $2-3 dollars so don't waste your time to bothering those fake tokens in your wallet just let them rot.   
Activity: 1246
Merit: 103
August 26, 2021, 06:39:02 AM
Many people are currently losing some tokens from their wallets or unknowingly getting stuck in another wallet. Have we ever wondered why this is happening from someone's wallet? The main reason is hack. Hackers are banging the tokens through their surveillance. Any small amount or big. If you ever notice some tokens in your wallet that are being added without your knowledge.I'm going to swap or sell your token without thinking about where the token came from. Never do that. Because hackers put their tokens in your wallet and when you go to swap or sell the token without seeing the token, hackers like the token. Remove from your wallet. Some tokens that you will never swap or sell-

*ALPACAFIN.CO... (ALPACA)
*BestAir.io (AIR)
*BNBW.IO (BNBW)
* BSCTOKEN.IO (BSCTOK...)
*GoFlux.io (FLUX)
* Minereum BSC (MNEB)
*ShibaDrop.io (SHIB)
*TheEver.io (EVER)
*AirStack.net (AIR)
*TheVera.io (VERA)

original post local section: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57751830

Is there any way to remove these tokens from the wallet?

I also received some fake tokens sent in my wallet, for me this is very annoying because it pollutes the wallet I have. but what makes me wonder, when did the fake token enter my bsc wallet?, why is it not in the Eth wallet?
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
August 26, 2021, 06:04:00 AM
Greed is why people lose money this way and I think they deserved it, why trying to sell something you don't work for? You don't join any airdrops you don't join any bounty promotions and yet you received free tokens? You should be smart enough to know that senders are up to something
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
August 26, 2021, 05:27:40 AM
Read the following article for more information.

Creative attacker steals $76,000 in RUNE by giving out free tokens
This is the first time I hear about this particular case. From the article, it's clear that it's a smart contract exploit that can't be abused to empty your whole Ethereum address and was designed only to attack a particular contract. That of RUNE (whatever that is). And the only reason it can do that is because RUNE doesn't use standard ERC-20 contracts. Instead they use a vulnerable non-standard contract.  The worst thing is that the developers were aware that something like this could happen. Maybe they are the ones exploiting it, who knows.
Activity: 924
Merit: 18
https://imgur.com/yw8HFn9
August 26, 2021, 04:34:33 AM

Such tokens are usually sent for advertising purposes and you won't lose anything other than the transaction fee when swapping them.

I don't agree with you. I used their exchange link to do a sweep of this token. The token was not swapped then. Later I saw that the FRX token in my wallet was sent to someone's wallet. Who sent the token. I think it was due to swapping the token
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1315
August 26, 2021, 12:09:37 AM
Hackers are banging the tokens through their surveillance. Any small amount or big. If you ever notice some tokens in your wallet that are being added without your knowledge.I'm going to swap or sell your token without thinking about where the token came from.
I thibk they can send it all they want but they can only do watch the wallet growing without anything happening on it. I dont think sending tokens to your wallet could make you hacked by them. Yes they can see your wallet, but thats it. They cant hack it unless they aquire your seed phrase to transfer your funds.

Send to burn address. Much better ignore it.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
August 25, 2021, 05:43:32 PM
Afaik they can't cost you more than the fees you pay to attempt to swap it unless they have access to your machine or something.
Such tokens are usually sent for advertising purposes and you won't lose anything other than the transaction fee when swapping them. But that hasn't always been the case.
Read the following article for more information.

Creative attacker steals $76,000 in RUNE by giving out free tokens
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
August 25, 2021, 05:15:21 PM
I have a few of them in my wallet I search them but all of them are fake or some of them are real but they forcing you to invest on their cloud mining site with your token but with BNB fees(So it's still likely a scam).
Not worth swapping them, it cost you more than the value of that tokens.

Just ignore them it won't affect your wallet it's just like an advertisement spreading to any wallet they find on the BSC.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
August 25, 2021, 04:45:41 PM
Is this just an annoyance thing? Afaik they can't cost you more than the fees you pay to attempt to swap it unless they have access to your machine or something.

Also, per the question, it depends on the type of wallet you're using but for metamask you can just highlight the token and remove it that way.
Activity: 122
Merit: 19
https://i.imgur.com/0cKROEC.png
August 25, 2021, 04:35:43 PM
Many people are currently losing some tokens from their wallets or unknowingly getting stuck in another wallet. Have we ever wondered why this is happening from someone's wallet? The main reason is hack. Hackers are banging the tokens through their surveillance. Any small amount or big. If you ever notice some tokens in your wallet that are being added without your knowledge.I'm going to swap or sell your token without thinking about where the token came from. Never do that. Because hackers put their tokens in your wallet and when you go to swap or sell the token without seeing the token, hackers like the token. Remove from your wallet. Some tokens that you will never swap or sell-

*ALPACAFIN.CO... (ALPACA)
*BestAir.io (AIR)
*BNBW.IO (BNBW)
* BSCTOKEN.IO (BSCTOK...)
*GoFlux.io (FLUX)
* Minereum BSC (MNEB)
*ShibaDrop.io (SHIB)
*TheEver.io (EVER)
*AirStack.net (AIR)
*TheVera.io (VERA)
*ABFIN.org (ABFIN)

original post local section: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57751830

Pages:
Jump to: