Pages:
Author

Topic: FAQ: All About Unconfirmed 0 Confirmation Transaction Fee (READ before posting!) - page 7. (Read 158727 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
Could they have sent it and it's just not showing up at all?
Yes, of course.

I thought it would show up on the blockchain but just show as unconfirmed?

blockchain.info is not the blockchain, neither it is a full report of transactions going through the bitcoin network at any given time.
There are plenty of reasons explaining why a transaction was sent by someone and you don't see it on blockchain.info.

All these reasons are not relevant once the transaction makes it to a block, at this time you should see it within few minutes on blockchain.info as well as on every nodes. I suggest you just wait a bit, I'm 99.9999% sure that your post was made too early and you'll just say "oh, I see it now!" Smiley

THanks - I have just never had this problem before after tens of transactions.  Plus it is my first withdrawal from CoinMKT so I"m more worried than normal.

However I have been waiting 8 hours ...  Embarrassed and I paid the .0002 fee to make it go "faster."
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
Could they have sent it and it's just not showing up at all?
Yes, of course.

I thought it would show up on the blockchain but just show as unconfirmed?

blockchain.info is not the blockchain, neither it is a full report of transactions going through the bitcoin network at any given time.
There are plenty of reasons explaining why a transaction was sent by someone and you don't see it on blockchain.info.

All these reasons are not relevant once the transaction makes it to a block, at this time you should see it within few minutes on blockchain.info as well as on every nodes. I suggest you just wait a bit, I'm 99.9999% sure that your post was made too early and you'll just say "oh, I see it now!" Smiley
Activity: 546
Carpe Diem
CoinMKT is telling me they sent my withdrawal to this wallet:

https://blockchain.info/address/1EbwbMgEnh4ajnQsNhqwgk7fcjCcBxMkez

but nothing is on there at all.  Could they have sent it and it's just not showing up at all?  I thought it would show up on the blockchain but just show as unconfirmed?
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
is it normal for a transaction to be listed as unconfirmed at blockchain.info but not show up, even as unconfirmed, in your wallet?

Like this

https://blockchain.info/address/1LQ9mnhGeKsuK3MXjvjpvSmAKgJxKwdZMT

Do you mean confirmed?  Because that's listing as 39 confirmed.  No, it isn't normal.  But I've had it happen with Multibit and it's generally fixed by resetting blockchains and transactions under Tools.

No it was unconfirmed at the time I posted it.
It went through. Turns out the escrow accidentally sent it without fees so it had to wait in line for a while lol. Went through though and everything is fine now.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
is it normal for a transaction to be listed as unconfirmed at blockchain.info but not show up, even as unconfirmed, in your wallet?

Like this

Do you mean confirmed?  Because that's listing as 39 confirmed.  No, it isn't normal.  But I've had it happen with Multibit and it's generally fixed by resetting blockchains and transactions under Tools.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

Like this

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
Another easier to implement option would be for one or more pools (HINT HINT HINT POOLS A WAY TO MAKE SOME EXTRA COINS HINT HINT HINT) to have a webform where you can supply a tx id and the pool will offer you a price (say 0.15 mBTC) to guaranteed inclusion in the next block the pool solves.  Give them the tx, send them the fee (as a new seperate tx) and BLAM your in the next block.  A "get our of limbo" card if you will.

In the interim using a 0.1 mBTC fee (or slightly higher) for ALL transactions (including high priority ones which "can" be free) is a good way to ensure you will be rapidly included in a block.  I have made about 80 tx in the last two days.  All but a few were included in the next block, the "slow" ones were included within three blocks.  Honestly it is a couple pennies and this is one instance of being penny wise and pound foolish.

lol, that's exactly what I am in need now, as I explain here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/confirm-timesensitive-transaction-that-was-accidentally-sent-without-fee-348189

Can someone help me with this?

I am willing to pay as much as 0.01 BTC to get my transaction included in the next block.

sadly, no such pool implements such a system. i also doubt any pool admin is going to go through the trouble of manually prioritising a transaction just for you.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Another easier to implement option would be for one or more pools (HINT HINT HINT POOLS A WAY TO MAKE SOME EXTRA COINS HINT HINT HINT) to have a webform where you can supply a tx id and the pool will offer you a price (say 0.15 mBTC) to guaranteed inclusion in the next block the pool solves.  Give them the tx, send them the fee (as a new seperate tx) and BLAM your in the next block.  A "get our of limbo" card if you will.

In the interim using a 0.1 mBTC fee (or slightly higher) for ALL transactions (including high priority ones which "can" be free) is a good way to ensure you will be rapidly included in a block.  I have made about 80 tx in the last two days.  All but a few were included in the next block, the "slow" ones were included within three blocks.  Honestly it is a couple pennies and this is one instance of being penny wise and pound foolish.

lol, that's exactly what I am in need now, as I explain here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/confirm-timesensitive-transaction-that-was-accidentally-sent-without-fee-348189

Can someone help me with this?

I am willing to pay as much as 0.01 BTC to get my transaction included in the next block.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Would there be any drawbacks to implementing nodes so that they would relay transactions they've seen before, with the only addition of extra inputs? I.e the exact same transaction but with an extra fee. Unless there's risk of blockchain spam, DoS attacks or something like that, that would be a great feature to have IMHO.

There is a plan for that, it is called "tx replacement" and it is partially complete no idea when it will be included in a release version of the client.  Obviously there are certain harmful double spend and other type of issues which need to be considered.

riX
Activity: 326
Merit: 252
Would there be any drawbacks to implementing nodes so that they would relay transactions they've seen before, with the only addition of extra inputs? I.e the exact same transaction but with an extra fee. Unless there's risk of blockchain spam, DoS attacks or something like that, that would be a great feature to have IMHO.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

• Wait 48-72 hours so the network can "forget" the transaction (this step is very important!)

What happens if you skip step 2, double spending before the network forgot?

Nodes which "know" of the first tx will drop the second tx as an invalid double spend.  It is very likely outside of some rare conditions that no miner will ever see the second tx or include it in a block.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028
Notice: If you want a payment to go through in less than several hours, increase your Bitcoin client's optional/voluntary fee to something higher than 0.0001/kB for all transactions. Priority is given to higher fee transactions.

Some transactions sending large amounts of Bitcoin may qualify to be free, but you should add this additional fee in your Bitcoin's options, so that no transactions are sent without fee. The default additional fee is 0, which still allows some non-fee transactions to be created.

The Bitcoin network is very busy right now. There are several transactions a second being sent, and currently 6000 and 5MB of transactions are waiting for inclusion in the blockchain. Inclusion is what makes payments confirmed and trustable. If there were NO more transactions sent, clearing this backlog would take over an hour of maximum-size blocks.

Just the web page attempting to list unconfirmed transactions is about 2MB, and will make your browser crawl:
https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Also note: If you have already sent a payment with Bitcoin-Qt, the best thing to do is wait. Other wallets may make "bad" transactions, with less than the mandated minimum fee that will never confirm, but Bitcoin-Qt transactions will always confirm given time.

The first-post instructions for removing a transaction and re-sending a new one with fees apply only if the original transaction was created with a "bad" client, or if it was sent while attempting to bypass Bitcoin fee rules. Removing a transaction record from your client and re-sending another transaction will likely do you little good. The network won't soon "forget" your original transaction if it is properly constructed, will recognize a new transaction as attempting to double-spend the same money, and will discard the new transaction anyway.
Activity: 770

• Wait 48-72 hours so the network can "forget" the transaction (this step is very important!)

What happens if you skip step 2, double spending before the network forgot?
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
  • Do nothing, it should confirm itself within a week.
A week? Seriously???
Within a week. I stated this because confirmation time varies wildly. Don't want people getting upset their transaction didn't get confirmed within the average confirmation time. Worst case scenario IMO is a 0 fee transaction that normally would require a fee. Last time I sent such a transaction, it was confirmed overnight.

I'm actually experiencing the same issue.
I sent from Blockchain.info, normal send (typically it includes a fee) but actually it says 0 FEE
http://blockchain.info/fb/16abbkq

I am not asking for a warranty, but would it be someday processed?

Yes, I do think it could be Uncomfirmed for life
legendary
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
I normally just delete the wallet and use my backup wallet !
My reaction to this is your avatar
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I normally just delete the wallet and use my backup wallet !
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
Stupid question: does deleting the transaction remove it from the network and put the coins back into your address so they can be sent again?
deleting the transaction does the following:
  • prevents your client from rebroadcasting the transaction
  • ...which causes nodes to "forget" the transaction ever existed (since unconfirmed transactions are not "remembered" after shutdown)
  • ...which allows you to double spend the input to another address(since there won't be a conflicting transaction on the network)
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Stupid question: does deleting the transaction remove it from the network and put the coins back into your address so they can be sent again?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
What dependencies are you talking about?
Could you post the tx you'd like to broadcast?

Well bitcoin-qt just corrected itself. 20 confirmations.

Dependencies:

Debian-based Linux:
 aptitude install build-essential python-dev python-twisted python-bsddb3
legendary
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
What dependencies are you talking about?
Could you post the tx you'd like to broadcast?
Pages:
Jump to: