Pages:
Author

Topic: FBI U.S. Marshals Auction Prices Leaked! (Bullish) - page 2. (Read 10913 times)

Activity: 235
Merit: 10
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet!" - Thomas Jefferson

"The question is, what is the question?" - Douglas Noel Adams  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
..only 1 bid allowed.  Just make your bid and hope for the best. 
Lie.  You could bid as many times as you wanted and could afford.  Each bid at a different price just required a separate $200,000 bid deposit.
Activity: 84

It's a blind auction, and only 1 bid allowed.  Just make your bid and hope for the best. 

There is no transparency like eBay,
[/quote]
wait wait so if it's a one bid only thing people would just bid 900 hoping to win. btw is this by pop price or a total, in both cases it looks too bogus
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
Solid lead?   Believe it or not...  Shocked

1 - Pantera - $900
2 - SecondMarket - $750
3 - SecondMarket - $700
4 - DRW Trading Group - $700
5 - Coinbase - $685
6 - Rangeley Capital - $660
7 - SecondMarket - $651
8 - Coinbase - $640
9 - Matrix Capital Management - $601

http://redd.it/29geoq

ya thats BS.
legendary
Since they were sold in segments perhaps some of the coins went for $900 and the rest below?  If somebody bid $900 per coin on one of the 3000 coin wallets...
One person bought all the coins.  He paid the same price for all of them.

How do we know that?

We know that one person bought all the coins.
I don't think we know that he paid the same price for all of them.
Yes, I admit I made the assumption that he only put up one bid for all the lots because then he would have only had to come up with $200,000 for the deposit.  That made the most sense to me:  one bid for all the lots = $200,000 in deposits.  This assumption was driven by my own feelings that a $200,000 deposit is "a lot of money".  

However, it is true that on the other end of the spectrum he could have put up 10 bids, each for only one lot and all at different prices.  In this case he would have had to put up $2,000,000 for the bid deposits.  But this would also be a very rational bidding strategy even though in hindsight he ended up "bidding against himself".  And thinking about it even more this is more probably what he did because then he could be almost assured of winning at least one lot.

So, you are correct, we do not know he paid the same price for all of them, it is very likely he paid different prices for the lots, and we only know he bought them all.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Since they were sold in segments perhaps some of the coins went for $900 and the rest below?  If somebody bid $900 per coin on one of the 3000 coin wallets...
One person bought all the coins.  He paid the same price for all of them.

How do we know that?

We know that one person bought all the coins.
I don't think we know that he paid the same price for all of them.
Activity: 112
Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.
Since they were sold in segments perhaps some of the coins went for $900 and the rest below?  If somebody bid $900 per coin on one of the 3000 coin wallets...

How do we know that?
legendary
Activity: 519
Merit: 500
legendary
Any sources where do this info comes from?
900 is too good to be true
Again, for those that are too lazy to read the thread:
Are you talking about the OP?  Obviously the OP is just a steaming pile of trollshit.
Activity: 294
Any sources where do this info comes from?
900 is too good to be true
Activity: 476
I thought Abe Lincoln said that ...

No, he said "anything is a dildo if you're brave enough."  Smiley

ROFL

I got a whole new respect for Abe.

LOL!

But horseshit.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

ROFL

I got a whole new respect for Abe.
Activity: 778
Merit: 1002
The simple explanation is someone is spewing bullshit in hopes of driving the price up.
Activity: 97

Activity: 78
Activity: 175

Actually Thomas Jefferson said "It is an inalienable right of the people to believe everything they read on the Internet".
Activity: 108
legendary
It makes no sense

bidders in an auction don't bid like that.

It's like when you bid on eBay. No one bids $900 for anything except morons because if you expect it to go for around $900 someone will bid $901.23 and when you snipe $900 at the last second ebay automatically places their bid and you lose for $1.23

You're telling me a firm like pantera doesn't have a single person who's ever been outbid on eBay and still bids like my grandmother who only just found the internet
It's a blind auction, and only 1 bid allowed.  Just make your bid and hope for the best. 

There is no transparency like eBay,

$900 for a Bitcoin my ass. The OP is a newbie account, this is just fake info.
No shit Sherlock.  Did you bother to read the thread?  No.
Activity: 271
Merit: 101

The fed auction does not work like egay.

Yes it does, if someone had bid $900 and someone else bid $901.23 who would have won?

No, it does not and your statement is not the point.

The egay software sutomatically sets the levels of increase in the price of a bud, such that a bidder might bid $500, while the increase in the bid shown online is only $10, hence the successful bidder might get the item for less than he is willing to pay.

This allows a bidder to set a maximum bid and not go over it.

Also the fed auction cannot be "sniped" by software as can egay.

The fed auction and egsy auctions are similar animals but very different species.

I didn't say it could be sniped, I pointed out no firm would be stupid enough to bid round numbers since they would know that you can be outbid by a tiny amount and people frequently bid like that ($901 or whatever)
Pages:
Jump to: