Pages:
Author

Topic: FBI U.S. Marshals Auction Prices Leaked! (Bullish) - page 9. (Read 10913 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
I seriously doubt it.  While I have no overabundance of faith in the USMS given they are not going to release the results information at all:

10. What information about the auction process or results will the USMS release?

The USMS will contact the winning and losing bidders directly. The USMS will not publicly
release any information pertaining to the auction process or results.

From: http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/faqs.pdf

And have not even contacted the winning and loser bidders directly yet, I doubt OP's information.

The winners will have an incentive to push up the price of BTC by suggesting they paid a high price while the losers should downplay what the prices were.  Should be interesting.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
depends on how you look at it:) 900 seems a lot now..
not that much in a year.. they might be building a solid support for the years to come.

although.. i think the reddit post is bs hehe

Yep also think it is BS that said if someone did a price snipe to make sure they won a block
Then they would be long term bulls in Bitcoin regardless of market price ha-ha
Activity: 271
Merit: 101

They all overbid.

its funny how many people don't get this
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

They all overbid.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1005
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
There is no way bidders will bid in nice rounded numbers. This "leak" is most likely false. Will should know later today.
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
I am praying this is true, but it has BS written all over it
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
You're telling me a firm like pantera doesn't have a single person who's ever been outbid on eBay and still bids like my grandmother who only just found the internet

Activity: 411
Merit: 250
depends on how you look at it:) 900 seems a lot now..
not that much in a year.. they might be building a solid support for the years to come.

although.. i think the reddit post is bs hehe
Yeah, so in a blind auction you're even more likely to bid $901 ... because what if some guy bid $900 too
legendary
Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001
It makes no sense

bidders in an auction don't bid like that.

It's like when you bid on eBay. No one bids $900 for anything except morons because if you expect it to go for around $900 someone will bid $901.23 and when you snipe $900 at the last second ebay automatically places their bid and you lose for $1.23

You're telling me a firm like pantera doesn't have a single person who's ever been outbid on eBay and still bids like my grandmother who only just found the internet
It's a blind auction, and only 1 bid allowed.  Just make your bid and hope for the best. 

There is no transparency like eBay,
It makes no sense

bidders in an auction don't bid like that.

It's like when you bid on eBay. No one bids $900 for anything except morons because if you expect it to go for around $900 someone will bid $901.23 and when you snipe $900 at the last second ebay automatically places their bid and you lose for $1.23

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Too good to be true?!
Activity: 253
Merit: 100
900 ! lol
legendary
Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001
Solid lead?   Believe it or not...  Shocked

1 - Pantera - $900
2 - SecondMarket - $750