Pages:
Author

Topic: FBI U.S. Marshals Auction Prices Leaked! (Bullish) - page 5. (Read 10913 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
The bidders all lowballed except one and they won them all. Interesting.
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
So, who bought it in the end and at what price?

As far as I know, we don't have any information regarding how much each batch was bought for. I'm not sure how the system works in America, but it'll either be publicly released or leaked sometime soon so just wait it out.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
One buyer bought all of them.  We don't know who.  We don't know how much they paid.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
★☆★777Coin.com★☆★ What are you waiting for?
I bought them all at 1,293$ each.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
probably just FUD. it's easy to "leak" some sources just to stoke the crowd into a bitcoin buying frenzy.
I would agree. The OP is almost certainly FUD, however one bidder did buy all of the coins so the price may have been close to the market price.

If one buyer won all those coins, the likelihood of being close to the current market (Bitstamp/Coinbase/BTC-E/Bitfinex/Huobi) is slim--there just isn't enough coins on the broad exchanges for that kind of investment without moving the price substantially. A move from $550 to $650 isn't substantial, not by historical standpoints for crypto.

Who knows though. Whoever decided to buy that many is certainly looking for significantly higher prices and liquidity at those levels to move those coins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
probably just FUD. it's easy to "leak" some sources just to stoke the crowd into a bitcoin buying frenzy.
I would agree. The OP is almost certainly FUD, however one bidder did buy all of the coins so the price may have been close to the market price.
Activity: 434
The coins just moved.  All of them to one address.  It looks like one entity bought them all.
Yep
http://www.coindesk.com/us-marshals-one-auction-bidder-claimed-all-30000-silk-road-bitcoins/

if it's just one guy, then i am pretty sure the bids were over spot. they probably have some sort of plan set in place.. i mean, $18+ million was spent on bitcoins. you don't make that kind of play without having a plan to profit.
Activity: 252

They all overbid.

it will be funnier when someone replaces the $1 guy with a picture of the Shibe
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
it's kind of funny because if 1 guy started dropping millions into the exchanges, then the price would skyrocket.. and now if 1 guy buys a lot of coins off-market, like via this auction, the price will also skyrocket if the details on the numbers go public. though it's still probably cheaper than buying from the exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
The coins just moved.  All of them to one address.  It looks like one entity bought them all.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
http://newsbtc.com/2014/07/01/bitcoin-shop-bids-usms-bitcoin-auction-accepted/

another one confirms their  bid was not accepted, - no prices though.
hope they start putting all that unspent $ into the btc exchanges!

Article didn't mention what the bid was, but by the bidder's comments, it appears to have been below current market price.

"After evaluating the current bitcoin currency landscape, we submitted a bid price that, if accepted, reflected our determination of a competitive and attractive value for our investors."
Activity: 448
http://newsbtc.com/2014/07/01/bitcoin-shop-bids-usms-bitcoin-auction-accepted/

another one confirms their  bid was not accepted, - no prices though.
hope they start putting all that unspent $ into the btc exchanges!
legendary
Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

great news! also newsbtc reports:

42 bidders, 186 bids, 48k BTCs worth of bids for 29k BTCs

I suspect from these numbers one could take an educated guess about the amount per btc, right? maybe someone with a mind for arithmetic can take a look but it seems to me that if 186 bids were made by 42 ppl thats 4~5 bids per person, or each coin had 1.5~ bids each on avg... in that case, 48k / 1.5 would be 32k = 3k more than 29k, so each coin was won at 10% more than market... i made a mistake somewhere in there right? lol

http://newsbtc.com/2014/06/30/us-mar...tcoin-auction/

Yep, that means this price did NOT win any of the auction blocks:

$670

No, second market's highest bid was $750, their average of all bids is $670 (they put in a few low ball bids too, like $600). They have announced that they did not win any bids. So this means that this price did not win any of the auction blocks:
$750
Do you have a link to reference the $750 bid? 
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

great news! also newsbtc reports:

42 bidders, 186 bids, 48k BTCs worth of bids for 29k BTCs

I suspect from these numbers one could take an educated guess about the amount per btc, right? maybe someone with a mind for arithmetic can take a look but it seems to me that if 186 bids were made by 42 ppl thats 4~5 bids per person, or each coin had 1.5~ bids each on avg... in that case, 48k / 1.5 would be 32k = 3k more than 29k, so each coin was won at 10% more than market... i made a mistake somewhere in there right? lol

http://newsbtc.com/2014/06/30/us-mar...tcoin-auction/

Yep, that means this price did NOT win any of the auction blocks:

$670

No, second market's highest bid was $750, their average of all bids is $670 (they put in a few low ball bids too, like $600). They have announced that they did not win any bids. So this means that this price did not win any of the auction blocks:
$750
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
us gov auctions dont work that way .. there was no  min .. he who had the highest bid will win ..

There was a min. They have a rule that they do not have to accept bids for whatever reason. So if they don't like the price they will have the right to refuse.

We will probably never know exactly how much was paid for the coins  but it's probably above $700
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Worldcore - Banking for the Future
us gov auctions dont work that way .. there was no  min .. he who had the highest bid will win ..
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
That would explain the price rise today. I truly expected a drop in prices today. We need more auctions.  Grin

Not necessarily auctions, but more Wall St. participation Smiley

As long as we don't have HFT bots or we might end up with the weird Gox coin exchange rate and then everyone else again ^_^.
That said having wall street around is good for the growth of bitcoin as more companies use it
Pages:
Jump to: