Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 14. (Read 47179 times)

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
I do something similar. I check whattomine about 3 times per day. I keep my sha256 rigs on NH all the time. My Baikals have been mining DASH on MPH for about 36 hrs and getting auto exchanged to BTC. (MPH has low fees compared to NH and ZPool.)
I will be checking whattomine in the next 10 minutes. If NH is paying better on X11 than I get with mining DASH, then I will switch my Baikals to NH for a day or so.
I do the same process for my GPU rigs.
Percentage wise, my GPU rigs spend more time on MPH then they do on NH. My Baikals spend slightly more time on NH than they do on MPH. However, when ETH was rapidly increasing in value earlier this year, my Baikals were generally mining DGB Qubit on MPH and getting auto exchanged to ETH.
I really like MPH' s hashing luck and it's low fees for mining plus the ability , for a very small fee, to auto exchange miner coins to many other coins.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
It is better then nicehash but if nicehash renters are over paying it is not better.

So you alway need to know just how high nicehash renters are paying

I keep 1 rig on Windows Nicehash miner so that I can see what algos are swicthing and which algo are hot.

I use whattomine.com and verify if selling is better than mining.

If its not too much of a spread than I will keep the farm on ETH/ethpool.

Sometimes, selling is more profitable esp during introduction on new coins based on ethash/daggerhasshimoto (ie. Komodo, MUSIC, UBIQ etc), this scenario can go for more than 1 day - if you catch this early then you will surely earn more on Nicehash.

Just keep in mind that they pay only with BTC... which is a bonus now because BTC is pushing upwards towards 5000 every other day.

Going to NH is also a good alternative when main pools have prolonged system issues like DDOS, slow confirmation, lost hash, etc. etc.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
Storx, thank for sharing the charts. Could you explain your trading strategy ? for example, when you buy SIGT, how much % more do you put the sell order ? or maybe you think another way ?

Because when I see the chart, I see it was a good day for someone who bought cheap => he went able to sell higher.
But as it is hard to guess growth and decrease before they happen, I would be glad to know how you work on it !
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
today was another great trade day if you had some coins in SIGT...
Also, if your a trader... SIGT has been extremely profitable in small quantity of btc, managed to squeeze out some good profits out of all the drama...

great info ... Storx

If it goes to Bitrex... I will swing the farm back to SIGT with latest tpruvot v2.2 fork

There is this "AUTO-SELL" function in Bitrex that I cant live without.

Check it out under "Lab"

I have been using this feature when i mine zec on suprnova, because there is no transfer fee and only 1% mining fee... so i set it to transfer at the min of 0.001, so literally every payment from each block found is instantly sent to bittrex and auto-selled... did the calculations, based on the 24/hr numbers on zpool... im averaging right around 13% higher than if i was to mine it on zpool and receive the btc through him.

t1d81R73LY4tX9y1VskH6gJELH3PfCvGwz5
this looks good.  I may test it.

Okay  I set my withdraw for 0.013 zec  as 0.013  may work  better  then 0.001  and I am mining a card at suprnova.cc

You will find that the pool will disable the 1% pool fee on occasions... i have not been able to pin down how they schedule this.. but i have never seen the transaction fee be added back
Also, if your a trader... SIGT has been extremely profitable in small quantity of btc, managed to squeeze out some good profits out of all the drama...

great info ... Storx

If it goes to Bitrex... I will swing the farm back to SIGT with latest tpruvot v2.2 fork

Check it out under "Lab"

I have been using this feature when i mine zec on suprnova, because there is no transfer fee and only 1% mining fee... so i set it to transfer at the min of 0.001, so literally every payment from each block found is instantly sent to bittrex and auto-selled... did the calculations, based on the 24/hr numbers on zpool... im averaging right around 13% higher than if i was to mine it on zpool and receive the btc through him.

Okay  I set my withdraw for 0.013 zec  as 0.013  may work  better  then 0.001  and I am mining a card at suprnova.cc

How about the commission on bittrex?  Does that eat into the margin you're quoting? 

I like the concept for these lower tier coins, though!

Well because your not making orders outside the asking price, you pay the lower 0.20% fee on the trades which is a very small price to pay for transfering it to btc, also it seems to do pretty good at selling shares for more than asking especially when the market is on a positive swing, i find when its trending downwards the sell prices are heavier below asking just slightly...

Here was the last 8 trades through auto-sell
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
It is better then nicehash but if nicehash renters are over paying it is not better.

So you alway need to know just how high nicehash renters are paying
Activity: 615

great info ... Storx

Check it out under "Lab"

How about the commission on bittrex?  Does that eat into the margin you're quoting? 

I like the concept for these lower tier coins, though!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

great info ... Storx

Check it out under "Lab"

great info ... Storx

Check it out under "Lab"

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
I split my coins after BCH.  Is it adequate to delete the wallet.dat file on my core wallet/installation and start over with a new wallet.dat file that the program created?  The original, and split coins, both have been moved.

It is fine.

Is there any exchange with standart forex trading feature to set 2-nd order if the first was accomplished?
For example if my order to sell at 300sat is done than autoput and order to buy for 200sat?

Joining the question, would be a very interesting feature.

My group uses approx 10% of farm revenue to invest into selected list of pre-ICOs - the coming one that we keen to invest is "Enigma Catalyst" ~ Enigma Catalyst is an investment platform that enables anyone to run their own crypto-funds. ICO opening on the 21st Aug. Google it if you are interested.

Thanks for sharing.
In their website, they say september for token sale !?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
for some reason im not able to install sigt wallet on win10, is there another alternative?, can i just mine directly to cryptopia´s sigt wallet?

edit: already worked
Activity: 728
Merit: 106

great info ... Storx

Check it out under "Lab"
Is there any exchange with standart forex trading feature to set 2-nd order if the first was accomplished?
For example if my order to sell at 300sat is done than autoput and order to buy for 200sat?
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
Hey, I remember that you Phil were mining with CPUs, have you dropped it ? I am considering to buy a rig, and I am not sure whether I should pick a simple Celeron or an higher-end one to mine ZCash.
There are enough CPU-only coins. Try ZOI, MAGI, VRM, HEXX. You can check your possible profitability by using YIIMP Bench web-page. I think CPU-mining is a long term investment so choose a coin, mine it for 2-3 month and forget about it for 2-4 month and The profit can be good.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Check it out under "Lab"

Thanks for the info. It is very nice function but it would be nicer if we could set the auto-sell price.

Use AUTO-SELL with caution, I use this for "non long term" alts to BTC only so that I have some play money every weekend.

If you want to control the sell price, then you should really use your basic sell stops/limits - easy to set in Bitrex.

If I see something interesting in Cryptopia, I will transfer BTC from Bitrex.

If I don't see anything interesting, I load up on my current longs at Bitrex then to Trezor for ERC20 tokens.

My group uses approx 10% of farm revenue to invest into selected list of pre-ICOs - the coming one that we keen to invest is "Enigma Catalyst" ~ Enigma Catalyst is an investment platform that enables anyone to run their own crypto-funds. ICO opening on the 21st Aug. Google it if you are interested.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Check it out under "Lab"

Thanks for the info. It is very nice function but it would be nicer if we could set the auto-sell price.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

great info ... Storx

Check it out under "Lab"
Pages:
Jump to: