Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 18. (Read 47218 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Seeing quite a few people in here posting things like I will mine Eth until the 1st NOV,  or I mine such and such coin because it is going to go up in value!

This is just silly.  Stop doing this now.  Esp on 1080ti mining ETH is just silly.  Always mine what is most profitable and buy the coins you want.  In the case of ETH you can probably get 30-40 more ETH this way.

Just saying...
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Phil why skunk at nicehash?  Do you prefer it over mining at zpool?  How is it working can you post your bat file?

I am currently mining at zpool.  Sometimes it is better than skien sometimes not.   Here is my bat file for others interested.

ccminer-x64 -a skunk -o stratum+tcp://skunk.mine.zpool.ca:8433 -u 1NAr74hNRJjyNrdqWyAJigxToAo3y5dPJV -p c=BTC --cpu-priority=3 -i 22

This is for 1080ti  -23 might be better hash.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500

I was researching the following schemes.... Masternodes, POS, Staking of coins, Dividends for owning shares/coins.

The ones that I have currently are PAY(TenX) and NEO/GAS - both rewards me in forms of GAS coins (NEO) and ETH for every share of staked PAY (TenX). Both are doing quite well and value has been rising handsomely.

I dont have to have a specific number of shares to qualify for these rewards.

Unlike masternodes, you have to have a certain amount to qualify to become a Masternode.

Staked coins or dividend paying coins are better deal.

Where do you exchange PAY?

Is it a safe coin to invest right now?

Bittrex is good.

It is still time to invest in PAY, as they are about to deliver their product to early customers. They will probably grow more.
+ there is actually no good service for cryptocurrencies payment cards so no real competitors.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Mod3 skunk Miner is the non free one right?
Activity: 131
Merit: 10

I was researching the following schemes.... Masternodes, POS, Staking of coins, Dividends for owning shares/coins.

The ones that I have currently are PAY(TenX) and NEO/GAS - both rewards me in forms of GAS coins (NEO) and ETH for every share of staked PAY (TenX). Both are doing quite well and value has been rising handsomely.

Unlike masternodes, you have to have a certain amount to qualify to become a Masternode.

Where do you exchange PAY?

Is it a safe coin to invest right now?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

BTX per share is higher than SIGT (below 10 cents) vs BTX - around 2.50$

I have to compete with more miners in SIGT vs BTX at yimp pool.

Not sure to understand here. It's not the first time I see you tell something like that, as if you were prefering 1 complete coin unit (like 1 BTX) over another coin fraction (like 0.00055 btc) that would have the same value.
But it doesn't make sense for me as only the final value matter.

True, it could have come up to nearly the same or slightly lower profitability but at the end of day my holdings per BTX coin value is much higher than SIGT and  moreover 1080ti on ccminer seems very effective mining BTX.

How much hashrate do you have with the 1080tis ? I get 25mh at Bitcore and 15 to 17mh for 1070 depending on OC.

@Phil , what are you planing to mine with the 1080TIs nowadays?

zec at nicehash
skunk at nicehash

once nvoc0019 comes out I will do some xmr and skunk again

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/os-nvoc-easy-to-use-linux-nvidia-mining-1854250

I think this psu give 2400 watts

2 of these adapters

would bring the server from 3 to 9 cards

140mm fan dropped temps a bit but temps were okay with out it

I am not saying your wrong, just things are not adding up for me to switch. I value your input all the time very highly, but im not unstanding how its less profitable for you... are you using mod 3 for skunk?

I currently have 27 1080ti's all on skunk, according to Suprnova, i have actually earned 1660.12165815 SIGT for the last 24hrs using ccminer skunk mod version 3. Which comes out to 61.48598733888889 SIGT per card. Even with SIGT approaching a weekly low, thats 0.0010452617847611 btc or $4.50 per 1080ti.

You stated your making between 17-22 coins on BTX for your 12 gpus, thats $3.41 to $4.42, so by my math your best performance is still lower than sigt with it approaching an all time weekly low... it may benefit you to move back over. Just to keep an eye on BTX i have added BTX on Awesome Miner so i can keep an eye on it along with SIGT, i may do a profit switch setup between SIGT,BTX, and LBRY... LBRY has been #2 on my list for most profitable behind SIGT for multiple days.

I'm still thinking like you Storx.

Dropped 50mh to BTX for testing purpose in order to understand if we are missing something.

But pretty sure SIGT mining + holding will be a better plan than BTX direct selling to BTC. But this is gambling as usual with any holding...

Not sure to understand here. It's not the first time I see you tell something like that, as if you were prefering 1 complete coin unit (like 1 BTX) over another coin fraction (like 0.00055 btc) that would have the same value.
But it doesn't make sense for me as only the final value matter.

True, it could have come up to nearly the same or slightly lower profitability but at the end of day my holdings per BTX coin value is much higher than SIGT and  moreover 1080ti on ccminer seems very effective mining BTX.

How much hashrate do you have with the 1080tis ? I get 25mh at Bitcore and 15 to 17mh for 1070 depending on OC.

@Phil , what are you planing to mine with the 1080TIs nowadays?

At the moment you just work with PAY and NEO in that scheme ?
I'm a big fan of Tenx, I'm sure they will succeed.
But I think rewards are not activated yet, no?
To qualify, you just have to let your PAY tokens in an Eth address right ?

About NEO, how is the reward working ?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Well guys, it appears that the AMD Vega 64 is a huge bust in regards to mining... heck its kinda lackluster in the gaming results also... 440.3 watts for these results...
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@storxusmc/amd-vega-64-liquid-gpu-mining-results-wow

yeah pretty bad numbers.  I am glad I ordered 3 x 1080 ti's last week

those watts such waste of energy - yup, more 1080tis for me too

I think we are spoilt by NVIDIA on efficient power consumption
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
The problem with VEGA is the crazy hype leading up to it...and the 6+months delay.  Its basically an updated fury, and I do love my fury.  But the thing is, the price needs to move down a lot for gamers.  We are talking about crazy high prices (in canada).  For reference, I remember paying 367$ for a fury (cad), so I would pay maybe 500-550$ for a VEGA, not 800+$ (cad) which is what they currently sell for here.  AMD has had great innovation and great new products, but god damn they need a good slap in the back of the head.
Activity: 615
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
You must live close to a Microcenter.

Are you talking about me?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Well guys, it appears that the AMD Vega 64 is a huge bust in regards to mining... heck its kinda lackluster in the gaming results also... 440.3 watts for these results...
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@storxusmc/amd-vega-64-liquid-gpu-mining-results-wow

yeah pretty bad numbers.  I am glad I ordered 3 x 1080 ti's last week
Activity: 615
You must live close to a Microcenter.

I'm joining Storx on the question.
From what I see, even with low SIGT price actually, you would have earned little more on SIGT than BTX.

With my currrent 1080tis - was able to mine up to 1.5% - 2% of the BTX shares on yimp pool.

More competition now because Nicehash added skunk algo in their list.

True, it could have come up to nearly the same or slightly lower profitability but at the end of day my holdings per BTX coin value is much higher than SIGT and  moreover 1080ti on ccminer seems very effective mining BTX.

I am not saying your wrong, just things are not adding up for me to switch. I value your input all the time very highly, but im not unstanding how its less profitable for you... are you using mod 3 for skunk?

I currently have 27 1080ti's all on skunk, according to Suprnova, i have actually earned 1660.12165815 SIGT for the last 24hrs using ccminer skunk mod version 3. Which comes out to 61.48598733888889 SIGT per card. Even with SIGT approaching a weekly low, thats 0.0010452617847611 btc or $4.50 per 1080ti.

You stated your making between 17-22 coins on BTX for your 12 gpus, thats $3.41 to $4.42, so by my math your best performance is still lower than sigt with it approaching an all time weekly low... it may benefit you to move back over. Just to keep an eye on BTX i have added BTX on Awesome Miner so i can keep an eye on it along with SIGT, i may do a profit switch setup between SIGT,BTX, and LBRY... LBRY has been #2 on my list for most profitable behind SIGT for multiple days.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I'm joining Storx on the question.
From what I see, even with low SIGT price actually, you would have earned little more on SIGT than BTX.

With my currrent 1080tis - was able to mine up to 1.5% - 2% of the BTX shares on yimp pool.

More competition now because Nicehash added skunk algo in their list.

True, it could have come up to nearly the same or slightly lower profitability but at the end of day my holdings per BTX coin value is much higher than SIGT and  moreover 1080ti on ccminer seems very effective mining BTX.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I have moved on to BTX...

Could you tell more ?

1 BTX = $2.38 USD as I type this post

BTX is minable.

Go to yimp.org

1080ti rocks mining BTX

Mine direct to exchange and sell to precious BTC

Collect and hold BTC

You will have a nice Christmas :-)

Thanks for the feedback.

I remember you were watching closely coins with masternodes.
Could you tell us wich ones you are working with and why ?
Always appreciate your sharings!

@Storx - what site do you use to generate the candle chairs that you posted earlier ?

Coinigy
Pages:
Jump to: