Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 21. (Read 47218 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1
I would go linux on my rigs, but from my understandings is that you cant run ccminer on linux or am i thinking that wrong? i use currently 6 different versions of ccminer on my rigs for when i switch coins.

ccminer compiles and runs fine on linux.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Phil - did you manage to stick in a few USB risers in the mobo?

Couldnt help myself but I cashed out a few coins when BTC hit 3990$
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I got my test server up.

some photos to follow

208 with a coupon

https://flash.newegg.com/product/9SIA5YV5JB7967

I pull the stock gpu  may sell it  goes for 15-30

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-NVS-310-Dual-DisplayPort-DP-Video-Graphics-Card-With-Dvi-Adaptors-512mb-/162594275256?

zec using 3.3 on nicehash

xmr mining the cpu

30 cents a day using about  .5 kwatts a day

275 watts at chat meter mining zec and xmr

230 watts just zec

Activity: 284
Merit: 102
I tried RDP but it causes one of my GPUs to lose overclock.
Anyone having the same problem? Solution maybe?
VNC plays nice, but GUI is not so responsive as when using RDP.
Thanks.

The impact of RDP on GPU0 performance is proportional to the screen size you are using. Try to limit the client area to 1280x1024 or even smaller and you will see the difference. When I connect in full 4K size, GPU0 slows to a crawl.

I think that the real solution to the GPU0 slowdown problem is not to use it at all as primary display and leverage integrated GPU instead. It really depends on iGPU implementation in particular motherboard model, its BIOS and Intel graphics drivers. I haven't had time to come up with good solution yet because my motherboards (Asus Z270) are disabling iGPU when monitor is not connected during POST. Maybe need to try that display emulator plug...

Very nicely said
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Thanks.

The impact of RDP on GPU0 performance is proportional to the screen size you are using. Try to limit the client area to 1280x1024 or even smaller and you will see the difference. When I connect in full 4K size, GPU0 slows to a crawl.

I think that the real solution to the GPU0 slowdown problem is not to use it at all as primary display and leverage integrated GPU instead. It really depends on iGPU implementation in particular motherboard model, its BIOS and Intel graphics drivers. I haven't had time to come up with good solution yet because my motherboards (Asus Z270) are disabling iGPU when monitor is not connected during POST. Maybe need to try that display emulator plug...
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Yeah sorry - you guys are right.  I should have been a little more clear in my statement.  I'm more comfortable with Windows being able to connect to rigs via RDP is very helpful for me personally.  I connect to a middle box, and then from that box RDP into my rigs.  I'm able to restart from anywhere in the world where I have cell service if claymore or ccminer crashes, and watchedog doesnt restart for whatever reason.

Thanks.

Regarding Windows, if you can get your hands on LTSB version, go for it.
Crap-free and receives only security upgrades.
I also disable Windows Defender on all my rigs and set Windows Update to notify-only when new upgrades are available. Winaero Tweaker utility is godsend for fast and easy tweaking such things.
I think that disabling updates is highly not recommended in this day and age.
Activity: 206
... Get that skinny guy from Big Bang Theory  to do a new intel commercial with people getting money back by mining.

They should make a full episode on mining with Sheldon explaining blockchain to Penny and debating Nvidia vs AMD to death.
legendary
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitfinex-drops-us-customers/

for real???

Anyone here has accounts at Bitfinex?

I was robbed by them last year along with many others.

Most likely this is the end game for tha coins they claim were stolen last year.

I have a very small amount sitting there I should look for them on sat.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
An account yes. Coins, no. Still this does not bode well for us americans. Damn "government".
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitfinex-drops-us-customers/

for real???

Anyone here has accounts at Bitfinex?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I would go linux on my rigs, but from my understandings is that you cant run ccminer on linux or am i thinking that wrong? i use currently 6 different versions of ccminer on my rigs for when i switch coins.

you should try out nvOC Linux OS for NVIDIA by fullzero - see my sig
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Win 7
Win 10  both have their places
I prefer linux for up time 

All three suck at times 
All three work well at times.

My win10 boxes run for 3 weeks no problem. I bounce them around 3 weeks mainly to proactively avoid crashes. Probably could go longer than 3 weeks no reason to risk it

My "BigTrio" mining box (LINUX) routinely went MONTHS without downtime - and I don't think it's EVER had downtime unless I had a power outage, had to shut it down to move it, or was doing some sort of work on it.

I've had more than a few LINUX machines go YEARS with no downtime except for power outages and hardware failures while doing crypto work - in fact that's been the NORM for me, not the exception.

I tend to laugh at the idea of "weeks of uptime" meaning high reliability.

Yeah sorry - you guys are right.  I should have been a little more clear in my statement.  I'm more comfortable with Windows being able to connect to rigs via RDP is very helpful for me personally.  I connect to a middle box, and then from that box RDP into my rigs.  I'm able to restart from anywhere in the world where I have cell service if claymore or ccminer crashes, and watchedog doesnt restart for whatever reason.

As far as uptime with windows and linux, its not even close, and i get that.

My statement should have been... "My win10 boxes get 3 weeks uptime with minimal issues, and that's sufficient for me, and better than i would have expected with windows"
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Win 7

All three suck at times 

My win10 boxes run for 3 weeks no problem. I bounce them around 3 weeks mainly to proactively avoid crashes. Probably could go longer than 3 weeks no reason to risk it

My "BigTrio" mining box (LINUX) routinely went MONTHS without downtime - and I don't think it's EVER had downtime unless I had a power outage, had to shut it down to move it, or was doing some sort of work on it.

I've had more than a few LINUX machines go YEARS with no downtime except for power outages and hardware failures while doing crypto work - in fact that's been the NORM for me, not the exception.

I tend to laugh at the idea of "weeks of uptime" meaning high reliability.

legendary
http://www.zdnet.com/article/nvidia-ceo-cryptocurrency-is-here-to-stay/

"Cryptocurrency and blockchain are here to stay," Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said on a conference call after the company published its second quarter financial results. "The market need for it is going to grow, and over time it'll grow quite large."

whats next.... Microsoft Windows 10 Crypto Mining Edition Huh

How long ago did I point this out ?

The ceo must read my threads Grin

Microsoft is poised to gain here.

Apple has really screwed themselves  by going tiny and mobile.

The older mac pro's are good for mining  not the garbage tiny gear they put out now.

This will help Dell,HP,Lenovo

a dell mine as you sleep gamer.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/alienware-aurora-r6-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-256gb-solid-state-drive-1tb-hard-drive-silver/5714687.p?skuId=5714687

a hp  mine as you sleep gamer

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-brushed-aluminum/5759916.p?skuId=5759916

a lenovo mine as you sleep gamer
http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/ideacentre/y700/ideacentre-Y700-34ISH/p/90DG002SUS#90DG002SUS

We want new miners and the gear above will bring them in.
The key to keeping gpu mining well is many small mining rigs everywhere.

Thus making many many niche coins  worth mining  by smaller setups.

Anything to fight off 1000 or 500 card 1080ti farms.
A guy with a 1000 card farm does not pay attention to a small hash rate coin as moving his farm to it kills the profit.

This is the first CEO of one of my companies on my lists form last year and the year before to admit and agree with what I have been saying why alt coins will do well.

I am glad to see it in print.
I would like to see Alienware push their desk top miners the same way.  (pay off that desktop in your sleep)

Get that skinny guy from Big Bang Theory  to do a new intel commercial with people getting money back by mining.

And I know his name (Sheldon Cooper  PhD ScD portrayed by actor Jim Parsons.)  

I see so much growth in crypto coins it is amazing.   BTC is over 3510 usd
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
http://www.zdnet.com/article/nvidia-ceo-cryptocurrency-is-here-to-stay/

"Cryptocurrency and blockchain are here to stay," Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said on a conference call after the company published its second quarter financial results. "The market need for it is going to grow, and over time it'll grow quite large."

whats next.... Microsoft Windows 10 Crypto Mining Edition Huh
Activity: 350
Also one of the benefits of UN-Activated Windows 10 is....... you no longer get automatic updates... because it wants you to register the device before it will allow you to update... granted there are a few manual updates from time to time it will still allow you to optionally add, typically these are windows defender updates.. but whenever i get a random update on windows on my registered pc's, the unregistered ones are clueless of this update... keep trucking along mining.

I just disable all updates. No updates, no problems.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Also one of the benefits of UN-Activated Windows 10 is....... you no longer get automatic updates... because it wants you to register the device before it will allow you to update... granted there are a few manual updates from time to time it will still allow you to optionally add, typically these are windows defender updates.. but whenever i get a random update on windows on my registered pc's, the unregistered ones are clueless of this update... keep trucking along mining.
legendary
Win 7

All three suck at times 

My win 10 and win 7 do 2-4 weeks

linux do 5-10 weeks
Win 7

All three suck at times 

Pages:
Jump to: