Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 25. (Read 47218 times)

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

Which is why I refuse to specify what most of my NVidia cards have been working on the last couple months - I'm a little over 1% of the TOTAL there, and don't want everyone and their kid brother jumping in and destroying profitability.

The "natural" growth has been bad enough - there was a time last winter, with HALF the cards, that I was pulling in over 2% of the mined coins - though the value per coin is still up quite a bit from then.

What do you mean by "little over 1% of the total here" ?
Do you mean you manage to earn 1% more than expected ?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Just follow the directions that the electrum guys posted on their site.

Transfer all of your btc to a new wallet. Export your old keys or have the seed ready.

Setup a VM with the 'electroncash.org' wallet. Use your seed for the wallet that no longer has btc in it (in case you downloaded a wallet with a trojan there is no btc to steal).

Make sure to select the right node, something with ABC in it as I recall.

Send bcc to bittrex. Profit. And no blockchain to download. Oh, and then nuke that VM from orbit. Cause I don't trust any bitcoin cash software right now.

I think I may try that if the bitcoin cash 1.3.3 fails

I just finished the full chain download and I am scanning a key with only a few dollars worth

it this takes below

https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin%20cash/address/1MpvyvnFoPyo4EyRg4oa4YTDEyhAQCAQHo

I will move it to bittrex
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Just follow the directions that the electrum guys posted on their site.

Transfer all of your btc to a new wallet. Export your old keys or have the seed ready.

Setup a VM with the 'electroncash.org' wallet. Use your seed for the wallet that no longer has btc in it (in case you downloaded a wallet with a trojan there is no btc to steal).

Make sure to select the right node, something with ABC in it as I recall.

Send bcc to bittrex. Profit. And no blockchain to download. Oh, and then nuke that VM from orbit. Cause I don't trust any bitcoin cash software right now.
legendary
My trezor deposit hit and cleared at bittrex. So I have gotten about .02 bcc liquid so far.

My first attempt to transfer bcc out of my core and into a bcc wallet did not work.

my fault I was downloading bitcoincash 1.3.2 and it was 90% done so I let it finish instead of killing it off and switch to 1.3.3

I may have lost .02 bcc as that wallet seems fucked up.

I am now using a different pc with an i5 quad 24 gb ram and a 1 tb ssd .

and I did a new download of 1.3.3 bitcoin cash  it is still loading and synching.

I will try to import 0.013 bcc via keys on sunday morning.

if it works I will do the 8 coin one on late sun or early mon.

bcc has rallied back a bit

so those 8 coins may turn into 2k
Activity: 600
Merit: 261

Oh BTC has cracked 3100  so I sold a coin today.
take a look at the charts

Hey Phil... funny, when i saw BTC spiking up this morning, I figured you would probably sell one since you were talking about doing so a couple days ago.  Good move waiting it out for a few days after the split.

I know hindsight  is 20-20 but I've been kicking myself a bit for only keeping 1.5 BTC on the exchanges at the split.  If I would have even moved 50% of alt holdings into BTC Bittrex, I not only would have made a killing from the BCH split off (assuming I would have sold it all at the .3 I sold my 1.5 at). Not only that, but if i would have left it BTC until, would have made another killing... although technically not as much since most of my alt holding are also up.  Anyway, no sense crying over spilled milk... I was trying to mitigate risk based on all of the doom-and-gloom crowd thinking that BTC would crash after the split lol.  And as we all know... mitigating risk is no way to get rich lol.  But whatever, it's still a really good day today... let's hope it continues a bit longer.  My ETH mining days appear to be numbered based on the new potential HR of Vega cards, but time will tell. I've almost been mining 1 year now and overall it's been a great experience!
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
I found a nice coin to mine

Which one Smiley ?

I think phil is with me on the concept of finding out what works best for your config and farm size.   Getting a whole bunch of people to jump on the same horse's back all at once tends to kill the ride.....  Finding an algo that you have a big % share of;  and that generates a fair amount of revenue every month; you get a big cut of that potential revenue.

Which is why I refuse to specify what most of my NVidia cards have been working on the last couple months - I'm a little over 1% of the TOTAL there, and don't want everyone and their kid brother jumping in and destroying profitability.

The "natural" growth has been bad enough - there was a time last winter, with HALF the cards, that I was pulling in over 2% of the mined coins - though the value per coin is still up quite a bit from then.

dont you need a wallet for each oddball coin you mine? like you need to keep the mined coin payouts in a desktop wallet for that coin (which may need a huge blockchain download). or do you mine it to an exchange and keep it there. advantages and disadvantages to both methods.. or, do you mine the coin at nicehash and let them convert to btc?

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
if people keep holding on and push through to the BTC price increase;  profitability will bubble again.   You just gotta be patient enough to wait for it.

Being winter coming up;  we will see more of an increase in the amount of hardware online;  so I feel it will be mid winter before things ramp up a lot....

Then again, if BTC goes to 5-6K, it could be a lot sooner.
legendary

Which one Smiley ?

I think phil is with me on the concept of finding out what works best for your config and farm size.   Getting a whole bunch of people to jump on the same horse's back all at once tends to kill the ride.....  Finding an algo that you have a big % share of;  and that generates a fair amount of revenue every month; you get a big cut of that potential revenue.

margins on small cap coins  with low hash  can dies with only 50 1080ti's going on the coin

So giving away a hot small hash coin  is not for me to do at the moment.

I did list a good deal on a msi aero 1080 ti  a few posts back.  but at the moment I can say zcash at nicehash has improved with the spike in the price of btc.

https://new.nicehash.com/miner/16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr

these are doing 2.40 to 3 bucks a card.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Which one Smiley ?

Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Man, i feel like i might have made my first greedy big trade mistake.... sigh.... what was i thinking.....

last few days i have been killing it on sigt trading it with the moment, turned 67k of sigt into 122k, then when sigt went flat today i moved it over to bittrex bought in on btc/bch a few times and the gains were just way way to good all day.. super predictable and then i mistakenly clicked max for a buy order and didnt realize it... meant to click max bch per 10% of my btc balance.. little did i know i bought in with max btc on bittrex 2.6 btc @ 0.091 btc/bch purchase... sigh... i hope i just didnt piss my days earnings down the drain.... managed to trade 1.8 btc today into 2.6 btc

LOL... reminds me of my own case sometime ago.

Take it as a life long lesson.... just don't repeat the same mistake twice!

Do any of ya'll use trading bots? Not enough hours in the day for me to do any real researching or trading so  was thinking of trying out a bot. Thanks, FM

I currently use Bitconnect, im already almost 75% out on my initial investment already in just over a month with all the 1.8-2.2% earning days....

Be careful on gunbot, i heard a lot of people who used it very quickly after gaining a sizeable amount of btc, their accounts were hacked and all funds transferred out.. so i would keep a close eye on your acount and on use it on small amount of funds
legendary
Now working on. Bcc 1.3.3

As bcc 1.3.2 does not work well.

The only thing I have to say it is a good thing I transferred the small address.

It looks like the bcc 1.3.2 is a bad choice.

The bcc 1.3.3 seems stuck at the moment.

Did you download from
https://bitcoinclassic.com/downloads/bcc/?
I was doing 1.3.2   and was 90% done  I think when I went to up grade to 1.3.3 from 1.3.2 it fucked up.

I have now simply gone to another  pc and I am starting  with  a new 1.3.3

this pc has lots of ram
a pretty empty 1tb ssd
a good intel i5 cpu

so in 12 hours I will have  a new 1.3.3

I will then put in the same  import addy --------  only a few dollars

If it fails It may

I will do the second small import addy i think that won't fail
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

The only thing I have to say it is a good thing I transferred the small address.

Did you download from
https://bitcoinclassic.com/downloads/bcc/?
legendary

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Man, i feel like i might have made my first greedy big trade mistake.... sigh.... what was i thinking.....

last few days i have been killing it on sigt trading it with the moment, turned 67k of sigt into 122k, then when sigt went flat today i moved it over to bittrex bought in on btc/bch a few times and the gains were just way way to good all day.. super predictable and then i mistakenly clicked max for a buy order and didnt realize it... meant to click max bch per 10% of my btc balance.. little did i know i bought in with max btc on bittrex 2.6 btc @ 0.091 btc/bch purchase... sigh... i hope i just didnt piss my days earnings down the drain.... managed to trade 1.8 btc today into 2.6 btc

Do any of ya'll use trading bots? Not enough hours in the day for me to do any real researching or trading so  was thinking of trying out a bot. Thanks, FM

I use gunbot and have had good results. I still keep an eye on the exchanges it runs on, the pairs and the telegram chat but it saves me from making bad trades and works when I sleep.
legendary
Off topic.  Phil, delete if you want...

Anyone have any experience with these Seagate hybrid hard drives?  This would not be for a mining rig, but for a family member's aged desktop (circa 2010) that needs some freshening up.  

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16822178996

maybe I do   I just grabbed some seagates I forgot if they are the hybrids

I will check.

I have this yet to use it.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822179111

back to my bcc transfer   I imported to bitcoin classic wallet version 1.3.2  and it does not allow me access to my bcc   it only shows me my btc transactions which show an empty wallet.

lucky this is only a small address of 0.02 bbc

not sure what to do next
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
Off topic.  Phil, delete if you want...

Anyone have any experience with these Seagate hybrid hard drives?  This would not be for a mining rig, but for a family member's aged desktop (circa 2010) that needs some freshening up. 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16822178996
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
yeah the hype on SIGT is reaching terminal velocity.  Mining reward halving, rumor of going on bittrex, price going up, difficulty spiking at new highs.  what other signals do you need lol Smiley
Activity: 264
Merit: 100

SIGT will be going a lot higher. going to another exchange i think bitrex they said?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Pages:
Jump to: