Author

Topic: Flat Earth - page 765. (Read 1095196 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 05, 2016, 09:29:05 PM
"Looking toward the south from an altitude of 400 kilometers, this stunning snapshot from orbit finds bright lights of Tokyo and cities across central and southern Japan, planet Earth shining upward through broken clouds."

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160305.html

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1603/iss044e022682Japan.jpg

Smiley

The spacefaring perspective was captured last July by astronaut Scott Kelly during his stay on board the International Space Station.

The same Scott Kelly who didn't know how to pronounce his fellow astronaut's last name, so he asked him on live TV.

Scott Kelly. A very talented and humble guy.    Cool
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
March 05, 2016, 07:44:18 PM
"Looking toward the south from an altitude of 400 kilometers, this stunning snapshot from orbit finds bright lights of Tokyo and cities across central and southern Japan, planet Earth shining upward through broken clouds."

Smiley

The spacefaring perspective was captured last July by astronaut Scott Kelly during his stay on board the International Space Station.

The same Scott Kelly who didn't know how to pronounce his fellow astronaut's last name, so he asked him on live TV.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
March 05, 2016, 06:45:29 PM
Spinning globe Earth is a virtual reality, the "computer" is your brain.

When you encounter visual information your brain performs a visual analysis. If you're told the pictures you're being presented with are from an authoritative and trusted source you just assume it's TRUE. You save "computing" time not thinking about weather or not you're being given manipulated images in an attempt to transform you into a mushroom; feeding you bullshit and keeping you in the dark.

legendary
March 05, 2016, 05:19:44 PM

Smiley
vip
March 05, 2016, 01:51:35 PM
Notice that SpaceX can't land their exhausted booster rocket on a barge at sea perhaps because the GPS relays are unreliable unlike the land-based GPS since there's no satellite GPSs.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
March 05, 2016, 11:48:13 AM
He "joint" someone needs a hand reenforcing a door they having a hard time getting it airtight.  Cheesy Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezNQtSGJH8Q

That's because it's not even a door.  It's a thermal cover for the hatch. 
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
March 05, 2016, 01:13:02 AM
Always thought thew world was round now im starting to question it because of this Cry Cry
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
March 04, 2016, 10:29:37 PM
How is it confirmed? If the world was flat, why can't I see all of earth a once?
Activity: 608
Merit: 264
Freedom, Natural Law
March 04, 2016, 03:43:00 PM
He "joint" someone needs a hand reenforcing a door they having a hard time getting it airtight.  Cheesy Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezNQtSGJH8Q

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
March 04, 2016, 02:47:40 AM
Why would this article even conrfirmed we are in an advance technology where we can see a full proof.
vip
March 04, 2016, 02:20:47 AM
I just got a private message from "the joint", he's throwing in the towel on his advocation of spinning globe earth.  Cheesy

It's probably for the best as he wasn't going to win the artificial horizon and gyroscopic compasses prove the earth is flat argument as that's where the planes flying in straight lines discussion was headed.

Holy shit! I hope it ain't due to a virus due to he not being that far from me.

I gave him a courtesy notice that I was ignoring him so he would stop wasting his time responding to me.

I engage in this thread because I work in the mental health field, and I'm exceptionally curious about where the line blurs between diagnosable psychosis as a result of chemical imbalance vs. a result of social influence (generally speaking).

Edit: It's also a fun excercise in critical thinking, and I've learned a surprising amount when thinking about refuting some of the most absurd claims I've ever heard.

I'm just goin' kick back and watch Batman smoke a joint while Doc pens his white paper that'll later win a Noble Prize in medicine.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
March 03, 2016, 08:51:49 PM
1. Launch a balloon with your own camera attached to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAifzh7_-cg

2. Sail around the world on your own.

3. Become an astronaut.

...but the curve is going the wrong way in that video!

The options were flat or spherical, now you've gone and complicated things by offering evidence for a concave earth.
This is just an effect of the lens on the camera, especially if the camera is moving or shaking. This can momentarily alter the image produced in the video.
legendary
March 03, 2016, 07:04:28 PM
Naw, he's here 'cause I got him on cognitive dissonance and he figures he can fight it by trying to rationalize and promote the spinning globe fallacy. The more he goes over the evidence in his head for and against a spherical earth the deeper the cognitive dissonance becomes. It's gotten to the point now where he can no longer argue the subject and hopes if he ignores it and me it will go away.

The alternative is that he's a shill for the Tavistock Institute and knows the earth is flat but is incentivized to promote globalism.

In your dreams, just like flat earth. Cheesy
legendary
March 03, 2016, 06:32:11 PM
Naw, he's here 'cause I got him on cognitive dissonance and he figures he can fight it by trying to rationalize and promote the spinning globe fallacy. The more he goes over the evidence in his head for and against a spherical earth the deeper the cognitive dissonance becomes. It's gotten to the point now where he can no longer argue the subject and hopes if he ignores it and me it will go away.

The alternative is that he's a shill for the Tavistock Institute and knows the earth is flat but is incentivized to promote globalism.
legendary
March 03, 2016, 06:16:20 PM
I just got a private message from "the joint", he's throwing in the towel on his advocation of spinning globe earth.  Cheesy

It's probably for the best as he wasn't going to win the artificial horizon and gyroscopic compasses prove the earth is flat argument as that's where the planes flying in straight lines discussion was headed.

I gave him a courtesy notice that I was ignoring him so he would stop wasting his time responding to me.

I engage in this thread because I work in the mental health field, and I'm exceptionally curious about where the line blurs between diagnosable psychosis as a result of chemical imbalance vs. a result of social influence (generally speaking).

Edit: It's also a fun excercise in critical thinking, and I've learned a surprising amount when thinking about refuting some of the most absurd claims I've ever heard.
vip
March 03, 2016, 06:09:25 PM
I just got a private message from "the joint", he's throwing in the towel on his advocation of spinning globe earth.  Cheesy

legendary
March 03, 2016, 05:53:48 PM

It's probably for the best as he wasn't going to win against the artificial horizon and gyroscopic compasses prove the earth is flat argument as that's where the planes flying in straight lines discussion was headed.
legendary
March 03, 2016, 03:45:46 PM
earth isn't flat, go to space and take a look, or sail a world, it's not medival ages anymore, how can you be so dumb, and to think that earth is flat

East/West circumnavigation is possible on the Flat Earth model. Scroll up and look at the United Nations map again. When you travel Eastwards your compass is at a right angle to North; hence Eastwards travel would curve around the North Pole and bring you back where you started.

As an analogy, imagine that you are standing twenty feet from the North Pole. If you travel Eastwards where will your path take you?

That's right. Your path takes you in a circle around the North Pole.

It's 2016.

Full hand transplants? Check.
Cloning?  Check.
Quantum computing?  Check.

Traveling in a straight line without constantly turning in one direction?  Way beyond our capabilities.  Roll Eyes

You'd end up in in space if space were real and you traveled in a straight line on your spinning globe fantasy world.
legendary
March 03, 2016, 03:30:15 PM
earth isn't flat, go to space and take a look, or sail a world, it's not medival ages anymore, how can you be so dumb, and to think that earth is flat

East/West circumnavigation is possible on the Flat Earth model. Scroll up and look at the United Nations map again. When you travel Eastwards your compass is at a right angle to North; hence Eastwards travel would curve around the North Pole and bring you back where you started.

As an analogy, imagine that you are standing twenty feet from the North Pole. If you travel Eastwards where will your path take you?

That's right. Your path takes you in a circle around the North Pole.

It's 2016.

Full hand transplants? Check.
Cloning?  Check.
Quantum computing?  Check.

Traveling in a straight line without constantly turning in one direction?  Way beyond our capabilities.  Roll Eyes
legendary
March 02, 2016, 01:28:52 PM
Earth is round! we've been to space and have proof. Don't fool yourself

What proof can i ask?

You do realize that we have never taken a photo of the whole earth at once, all the images on google are fakes made by nasa look yourself.

You guys, this joke is getting old. Its just not funny anymore.

But it is fun to talk your way around other people and their logic.

It is good practice for learning to be a politician. Look at the 80% lies that Donald Trump tells, but he has learned to be a politician. The people love him and his lies, many of them not being able to see that they are lies and that he is a liar.

Flat earth = good political practice.

Cool
Jump to: