Pages:
Author

Topic: Food prices doubled this year - page 23. (Read 6688 times)

Activity: 649
Merit: 100
September 29, 2020, 07:43:36 PM
for the exporting country it should be able to control and supervise the price and availability of goods from its country. different from countries that have to import from other countries, the country must adjust the price from the importing country. but sometimes it is a matter of different country policies. there are those who prioritize the interests of the lives of their people or the economy of their people, because that is only a strategy to create prosperity.
Activity: 518
Merit: 23
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 29, 2020, 03:40:22 PM
When i have time i go to local market to check prices

Vegetable prices doubled
Fruit prices doubled
Meat prices around 30% increase
Grain products around 20% increase

And my country  is a exporter of food products

How is it in your country ? Same ?

----------------------

My country is Romania

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-10/food-supply-fears-are-growing-as-romania-bans-grain-exports

We tried to ban exports of grain ,but stupid EU intervened...

Its currently same on the country I'm residing and its really hard to determine on which foods to buy since most of the meat price is increasing and some meat's are not botched because of the diseases infecting them. These pandemic really hit the agricultural and poultry sector of our country. It also created job loss then these price increases with food is just devastating.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
September 29, 2020, 03:00:54 PM
Well there is a great posibility that the food prices will become double today or maybe in the next few months from now. Because every country has suffering from the covid-19 pandemic and all of the people arround are having a hard time to work because of some health protocol so the food prices is really expected to rise.
Activity: 398
Merit: 10
September 29, 2020, 09:26:59 AM
I am an aqua cultivator on the water. Most of my products are exported to European countries and the United States. Due to a pandemic happening in these countries, the demand for this product has decreased and I am at a loss this season. In our country, most of the goods have a stable exchange rate and are controlled within the allowed level by the state.
Activity: 172
Merit: 19
September 28, 2020, 03:56:48 PM
~
~

I don't know why that happened to you country, was that for your whole country? Maybe there was shortage for your areas' fruit, vegetable, meat, and grain products, that is why the price increased dramatically.

In our country, here on our city, some price of food went down, most still stays on their price before the pandemic happened. Don't worry, everything will fine soon.

Prices increased here do to fact EU did not allow us to ban exports of food products when pandemic started ... 90% of food goes to Western Europe and they send back via imports junk food ...

https://www.euronews.com/2019/06/25/a-third-of-eu-countires-have-same-food-brand-but-different-contents-says-report
Activity: 509
Merit: 43
September 28, 2020, 10:23:00 AM
~
~

I don't know why that happened to you country, was that for your whole country? Maybe there was shortage for your areas' fruit, vegetable, meat, and grain products, that is why the price increased dramatically.

In our country, here on our city, some price of food went down, most still stays on their price before the pandemic happened. Don't worry, everything will fine soon.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
September 28, 2020, 09:29:48 AM
Almost all SEA regions are suffered from this thing. Gov doesn't give a fuck about us as the poor people, they only care about money and supermarket where the farmers are starving because they can't get money and ended up dumped their vegetables and fruits because the price are really fucked up. Gov really need to take one step ahead to avoid this but they don't even care

I don't think that this is an issue that is limited to South-east Asia. Even here in India, the farmers face the same issues. There are multiple factors in play here and blaming the government is not going to be beneficial for anyone. The government can try a few steps, such as removing the middle-men, but the core issues remain. When I say core issues, I mean the decrease in per-capita availability of land, global warming.etc.
Activity: 112
Merit: 3
September 28, 2020, 08:42:10 AM
Sad truth. Its the main reason why the number of starving people here in my country got twice much higher since the lockdown started. A lot of people losses jobs and just relying on the Government's cash assistance and groceries. And if ever the people has a little amount of money, they really can't afford to buy all the necessary needs especially the foods. The prices was too much higher here, that's why a lot of hungry families arises. Its really disappointing that the Government didn't care too much about this and keep their focus on political issues. I think, if the leaders will focus on dealing with this crisis and pay much attention on the food prices by maintaining the  suggested retail price in the market, and stick/gives favour to our own local food industries and farmers, so everyone can still afford to buy despite the hard situation, maybe there will be no hungry stomach despite this severe crisis.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 27, 2020, 05:24:55 PM
If your country is suffering from vegetables supply, please buy vegetables from Farmers here in the Philippines. Government here are not buying from our own farmers so a lot of vegetables are just being dumped by the farmers,
Almost all SEA regions are suffered from this thing. Gov doesn't give a fuck about us as the poor people, they only care about money and supermarket where the farmers are starving because they can't get money and ended up dumped their vegetables and fruits because the price are really fucked up. Gov really need to take one step ahead to avoid this but they don't even care
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1150
September 27, 2020, 01:37:11 PM
Abuse in the need for food is always there in my country as well as staple goods are often played by distributors because they want higher prices when there is a lot of demand but still, small people who need it are a situation like this is very necessary if the government is alert in dealing with this. Of course there will be no stronger government oversight than the people who have to protest about harassment like this.
Most of the government are silent in seeing this situation because they accept bribes from economic actor. I guarantee that almost all the needs handled by the government are manipulated and mocked. In poor countries, the government is also poor and that is why they accept bribes regardless of the welfare of the people. This happen very often at my place. The trade mafia is too powerful to silence government official.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1041
Smart is not enough, there must be skills
September 27, 2020, 12:11:18 PM
it is not about the restriction but the abuses by these 2nd hand and 3rd hand distributor,they are the one who's making the prices high because of taking advantage of the situation as the demand increases for vegetables and fruits,same as the meats because of the pandemic.
Hope that the government will face them once the pandemic gone,they must pay for their abused in this situation when the help is really in need.
Abuse in the need for food is always there in my country as well as staple goods are often played by distributors because they want higher prices when there is a lot of demand but still, small people who need it are a situation like this is very necessary if the government is alert in dealing with this. Of course there will be no stronger government oversight than the people who have to protest about harassment like this.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
September 27, 2020, 11:50:19 AM
If your country is suffering from vegetables supply, please buy vegetables from Farmers here in the Philippines. Government here are not buying from our own farmers so a lot of vegetables are just being dumped by the farmers, when I said "a lot" I mean tons of vegetables. Farmers here in the Philippines is in the wrong country. Farmers here are poor unlike farmers in the other countries that are being supported by their Governments since they are the backbone of the Economy.

Supply of foods this year decrease that's why the prices continues to go up. I really hope this pandemic soon will end.

In Europe we can't buy from countries that we don't have trade agreement with...or if we try it's going to be a lot of paper work and tariffs will make the product much more expensive.

Yep, I never thought that because of my anger towards the present administration we have because of their Governance. I hope that we all make it to the end, and to have a good Government in the next election. Farmers here are suffering a lot because they lack in support by the Government. Government here just want China as their partner in everything. In no time, I bet we'll become a province of China if the present administration will not be replaced by someone better.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 27, 2020, 08:54:02 AM
Common scenario in this global pandemic. Some merchants are giving reason of difficulty in transport, etc. But the problem is, the consumers are finding it difficult where to get their money to support their families. No jobs everywhere and yet these businesses are still screwing their clients.

Lockdown restrictions are mostly gone now and therefore they should not be facing any travel-related restriction (apart from the usual bureaucratic hassles). But the demand hasn't picked up. The reason is that large number of people have lost their jobs and they are surviving on savings and handouts now. They don't have the luxury to spend the way they want. Also, people are still avoiding non-essential travel and this means that they are stepping out of the home less often.
it is not about the restriction but the abuses by these 2nd hand and 3rd hand distributor,they are the one who's making the prices high because of taking advantage of the situation as the demand increases for vegetables and fruits,same as the meats because of the pandemic.
Hope that the government will face them once the pandemic gone,they must pay for their abused in this situation when the help is really in need.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
September 27, 2020, 08:31:24 AM
Common scenario in this global pandemic. Some merchants are giving reason of difficulty in transport, etc. But the problem is, the consumers are finding it difficult where to get their money to support their families. No jobs everywhere and yet these businesses are still screwing their clients.

Lockdown restrictions are mostly gone now and therefore they should not be facing any travel-related restriction (apart from the usual bureaucratic hassles). But the demand hasn't picked up. The reason is that large number of people have lost their jobs and they are surviving on savings and handouts now. They don't have the luxury to spend the way they want. Also, people are still avoiding non-essential travel and this means that they are stepping out of the home less often.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 26, 2020, 07:59:03 PM

It is the same in our country,

It is expected at the cery beginning. This is due to the pandemic that we are still facing right now. Not only in local markets but every businesses increased the price of their products. Aside from that, most business are taking advantage of this pandemic, they do hoarding products and sell it at a much higher price that leaves consumers without a choice but to buy from them.

Activity: 1190
Merit: 315
September 26, 2020, 06:21:45 PM

It is the same in our country,

It is expected at the cery beginning. This is due to the pandemic that we are still facing right now. Not only in local markets but every businesses increased the price of their products. Aside from that, most business are taking advantage of this pandemic, they do hoarding products and sell it at a much higher price that leaves consumers without a choice but to buy from them.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
September 26, 2020, 03:33:15 PM
My country says inflation only 4% something like that but it's 20 or 25% some food 50%. I wonder if they had to use Mathematics in their approved Economy University? How do they calculate this inflation?
It is not that they do not know how to do it, they are purposely trying to deceive people with their fake math to try to make it seem as if everything is OK and the inflation is completely under control when the fact is that it is not like that.

If you want to know the real inflation then begin to keep track of the price of several key products, there are some websites that already do this but they may not have the information regarding your country, and once you do this for long enough you will get a more clear idea of the real level of inflation, once you know this information it would not be odd for you to think about whether or not it is a good idea to keep holding most of your wealth in fiat and if you should do something about it.
Activity: 172
Merit: 19
September 26, 2020, 11:56:52 AM
If your country is suffering from vegetables supply, please buy vegetables from Farmers here in the Philippines. Government here are not buying from our own farmers so a lot of vegetables are just being dumped by the farmers, when I said "a lot" I mean tons of vegetables. Farmers here in the Philippines is in the wrong country. Farmers here are poor unlike farmers in the other countries that are being supported by their Governments since they are the backbone of the Economy.

Supply of foods this year decrease that's why the prices continues to go up. I really hope this pandemic soon will end.

In Europe we can't buy from countries that we don't have trade agreement with...or if we try it's going to be a lot of paper work and tariffs will make the product much more expensive.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
September 26, 2020, 11:46:49 AM

Activity: 644
Merit: 250
https://primedao.eth.link/#/
September 26, 2020, 10:54:46 AM
When i have time i go to local market to check prices

And my country  is a exporter of food products

----------------------

My country is Romania

My country prices are still stable, only pork is up before the corona virus arrives. My country is mainly agriculture and tourism so things are not affected too much. probably Romania has been affected by many diseases so your country is slow in production, the price increase is understandable for now.
Pages:
Jump to: