Pages:
Author

Topic: Food prices doubled this year - page 18. (Read 6688 times)

Activity: 309
Merit: 11
November 02, 2020, 04:03:59 AM
In my country there are almost no hikes in prices, Indonesia is a rich country in foodstuffs, but Indonesia still imports foodstuffs like sugar and rice, I believe this is politics.
the only problem is that it is difficult to earn income this year, the pandemic has made almost all trading chaotic.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
November 01, 2020, 07:36:04 PM
Here in India, the food prices were stable for the last 5-6 years. But during the last few months, the prices have risen for a few items. There is no need to panic yet, but it is highly unusual. The farmers are having surplus output and everyone were expecting the prices to go down. And in the end we have to deal with rising prices. And the biggest tragedy is that it is not the farmers who are profiting out if it. Only the middle-men are making profits.
This always happens and it is one of the pillars of the modern economy. Selling goods is a separate type of activity and not everyone has the necessary knowledge and skills in such matters. Also, not every food manufacturer has the means of transportation, space and time to sell their goods. Therefore, not everything is so simple. There will always be intermediaries between the manufacturer and the buyer, unless the buyer himself goes to buy to the seller or vice versa.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
November 01, 2020, 03:58:00 PM
Just as if you are in my country, the explanation is so apt with the condition in my country too, could it be due to the COVID:19  Pandemic which brought about a pause in importation and exportation,change in weather conditions or what? We are even known to be productive in Agriculture,yet it really not smiling with the increase in process of good here and it's not that our income wages, salaries really get better.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
November 01, 2020, 03:28:14 PM
Many countries experienced food stuff inflation because of what covid-19 has caused to the world economy. Many producers find it difficult to supply to market because of the law government put in place just to stop spreading of the virus. Like in my country food price was okay nothing like double up of food items just because the government make many equipment for farmers and what will also prevent them from corona virus in the farm.
Food stuff was surplus through out the pandemic but right now we are about to experience the food price double up because the government has stopped to assist the farmers with equipment and other things to grow their farms.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 270
Chainjoes.com
November 01, 2020, 03:26:31 PM
When it comes to food price in the pandemic, I will always blame it on incompetent government, there should be policies with Agriculture that should provide a sustainable food production in any country. If UK can control the supply and price of food with such a low food production system with high food importation. At least every country should have a 5 year plan for food storage and distribution, countries like USA, Germany, Holland etc wont have problem with food in this pandemic.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
November 01, 2020, 11:02:58 AM
Due to the wide spread of Corona virus (covid-19) around the world, the economies of all the affected countries crumbled to the ground the rate of unemployments increased massively, companies were letting go of their best workers because they can't pay someone who won't be coming to work, even the food stuff in market  doubled, although over here it tripled, e.g you were buying an apple for $1 well right now it costs $3, its really sad, how the cost of living just increased all of a sudden, I only hope that after this everything will go back to normal.

Everyone also wants to hope that normalcy will return to normal and the economy will recover once all the viruses have disappeared.

But currently the government has many challenges that are so tough I think Covid-19 will last 1 year seeing more cases that occur so many, many citizens of them continue to leave, this output has triggered a widespread spread and does not follow government regulations that have been applied

My job was also affected, where mass layoffs still occurred because of their limited salaries, the company could no longer bear the heavy burden, therefore there was a lot of unemployment.

Poko ingredients are such things where every citizen needs super cheap food from the current situation.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
November 01, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
Here in India, the food prices were stable for the last 5-6 years. But during the last few months, the prices have risen for a few items. There is no need to panic yet, but it is highly unusual. The farmers are having surplus output and everyone were expecting the prices to go down. And in the end we have to deal with rising prices. And the biggest tragedy is that it is not the farmers who are profiting out if it. Only the middle-men are making profits.

This is the problem where the end user or the end person who produces does not benefit it. And those middlemen are generally the ones where those would be related to government officials and they have a percentage in that too and due to which they only make money and no one else benefit on either end. Only a strict policy if laid down can be helped else it will continue like this only.

Those middlemen who prioritize profit are just taking advantage of the current situation and it's obvious that they're using our local farmers to gain more.

I'm also wondering why we need to import goods from the other countries if we can make our own goods and support the locals?

This is the problem in different countries, people are very greedy, it doesn't matter to them if your lives at risk.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
November 01, 2020, 08:44:27 AM
Activity: 1400
Merit: 357
October 31, 2020, 11:04:33 AM
Market instability continues to increase after the corona is infected there is a tendency to increase the price of goods in all kinds of raw markets and shops. Fearing a food crisis due to the corona wealthy people began to buy and store food. In this opportunity traders and stockists continue to increase the prices of commodities by creating an artificial crisis in the market by stocking daily necessities including food in this opportunity the traders also increased the price as they wished. As a result of corona, the prices of all kinds of food items including raw vegetables and edible oil go up. The worst affected are the poor who cannot afford to buy high-quality food.
We are still in pandemic and there are a lot of incidents that happened in these past months that been recorded in history where the price of oil per barrels goes negative and a lot of countries close their economy for weeks and even months. Those nations who close the economy are the main nation that been affected by market stability because we should be aware that a economy is like a chain wherein if the chain is broken, everyone is affected. Actually when the lockdown firstly began, the demand of food in every supermarket is so high wherein they rise the price and the consumers are still buying it because it is one of our necessities. I actually remembered that in my community, a lot of groceries have been sold out all of the in can food or the food that ready to eat. Most of the food industry are still affected even though we are now currently coming back to the economy that we have before.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
October 30, 2020, 09:49:34 PM
Market instability continues to increase after the corona is infected there is a tendency to increase the price of goods in all kinds of raw markets and shops. Fearing a food crisis due to the corona wealthy people began to buy and store food. In this opportunity traders and stockists continue to increase the prices of commodities by creating an artificial crisis in the market by stocking daily necessities including food in this opportunity the traders also increased the price as they wished. As a result of corona, the prices of all kinds of food items including raw vegetables and edible oil go up. The worst affected are the poor who cannot afford to buy high-quality food.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 315
October 30, 2020, 06:28:43 PM
Governments were the reason for this situation. If governments have acted wisely, atleast everyone would've got food to eat. In recent days I see Venezuela to be the most affected without food. Already its been facing hard inflation, along with this people doesn't get proper food. Even the people with money weren't able to import/buy food and medicines.
So, what exactly do you think they should do,

What we are experiencing is not the governments fault, yes they should have acted wisely but what do you think should be their decision? There are times that the government should choose what they will prioritize to avoid more serious problem that may occur in the next following months.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
October 30, 2020, 02:05:12 PM
When i have time i go to local market to check prices

Vegetable prices doubled
Fruit prices doubled
Meat prices around 30% increase
Grain products around 20% increase

And my country  is a exporter of food products

How is it in your country ? Same ?

----------------------

My country is Romania

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-10/food-supply-fears-are-growing-as-romania-bans-grain-exports

We tried to ban exports of grain ,but stupid EU intervened...
This problem also in my country. We also buy vegetables in double price. Every product price rise a more that 60%. Poor people suffering most. I think this is happening for Corona pandemic. Hope that this situation will overcome as soon as  possible.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
October 30, 2020, 01:11:11 PM
Governments were the reason for this situation. If governments have acted wisely, atleast everyone would've got food to eat. In recent days I see Venezuela to be the most affected without food. Already its been facing hard inflation, along with this people doesn't get proper food. Even the people with money weren't able to import/buy food and medicines.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 30, 2020, 11:32:54 AM
There is constant inflation in my country too. If we compare the prices of products in the past and the year before, then we can say with confidence that the price has changed by about 25 and 50 percent, respectively. People are already used to this process. Everything becomes more expensive every year.
You have already done half of the job, you have realized there is something wrong with the inflation of your country and it is going up too fast, now it is time to do something about it, what can be done? The best way to avoid the effects of inflation is to buy something that moves along with it, it is known historically that real estate moves with inflation so that could be an option, gold is another popular one and it has been tested for thousands of years and the final one is bitcoin, this one is more risky but it can prove invaluable under the right circumstances especially if you do not have the cash to buy real estate and gold can be difficult to buy.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
October 30, 2020, 10:52:04 AM
Я живy в Укpaинe и цeны pacтyт oчeнь cтpeмитeльнo! Я нe гoвopю o дeликaтecax, бaзoвый нaбop пpoдyктoв дopoжaeт. Undecided
Activity: 1190
Merit: 123
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 30, 2020, 04:19:20 AM
I only hope that after this everything will go back to normal.

These practice of increase in price won't go down even after covid-19 pandemic is gone. Is like this because some people have tasted excess of profit from what they have invested, they have had returns in multiple folds so if you want things to go normal, you also understand it is a difficult thing to do.
You are absolutely right, since alot of them have tasted and made some crazy profits during this Corona period, I doubt if they will ever like things to go back to the way they are, just like in my country of residence whenever the price of any commodity goes up above the previous price there's no way on earth that they will agree to bring it down to the former price even if things go back to normal, they just want to keep making insane gains.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 629
October 30, 2020, 01:11:59 AM
This pandemic period is indeed a polemic for the whole country. Where everyone is affected. No exception in my country also food prices go up and down, but most of the increase compared to the fall. For now there is no cheap food price. Price for fruits is also very expensive here.
All prices feel expensive because many companies are cutting their employees' salaries.
Thats right, we are all affected even you're rich or poor.
The sad part of this price inflation is many people cant work unlike before. So the situation of their living is getting worse, I mean its hard to budget your money for daily expenses when you still have job, what more now for people who lose their job and earning extra through sideline? Its hard to be a poor really.
Activity: 840
Merit: 102
October 30, 2020, 12:01:26 AM
This pandemic period is indeed a polemic for the whole country. Where everyone is affected. No exception in my country also food prices go up and down, but most of the increase compared to the fall. For now there is no cheap food price. Price for fruits is also very expensive here.
All prices feel expensive because many companies are cutting their employees' salaries.
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625
October 29, 2020, 07:25:08 PM

These practice of increase in price won't go down even after covid-19 pandemic is gone. Is like this because some people have tasted excess of profit from what they have invested, they have had returns in multiple folds so if you want things to go normal, you also understand it is a difficult thing to do.
It wont really be happening on an instant and thats why we do have that government departments which do really took control of prices.
Sellers cant just increase on prices that they do want because it wont really be that appealing nor feasible to see its citizens do suffer on
expensive prices thats why everything should be on control.For now its a bit exception since its quite understandable that transport of
goods and other things are costly amidst of this pandemic and essentials are bit of a demand so its understandable that the price
is somewhat been increased but not on that extreme extent.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
October 29, 2020, 07:05:18 PM

Pages:
Jump to: