Pages:
Author

Topic: Food prices doubled this year - page 20. (Read 6682 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 116
October 17, 2020, 08:52:31 AM
There is constant inflation in my country too. If we compare the prices of products in the past and the year before, then we can say with confidence that the price has changed by about 25 and 50 percent, respectively. People are already used to this process. Everything becomes more expensive every year.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
October 17, 2020, 05:44:28 AM
We have the same issue in my country. But the reason is different. USD price increased because of some major economical issues. (Not related with the pandemic) And since many food sources are imported from abroad, market prices increased. So pity...
This is alarming during this Pandemic it's hard to earn a living and we must be very careful on what to buy. Here in our country we do support local products and good mostly this Pandemic as help for our countrymen as well it's more cheaper that shipped from other countries product. Their is a need to produced locally now to help the workers and built a system wherein we will be able to help the countrymem who needs it the most, but sometimes locally product we're higher in price but we need to support them and help them during these Pandemic to earn a living. 
that is also the reason why they enjoy made in china products because they are more affordable compared to local products.but if they can improve the quality of the product locally even if it is higher it will definitely be enjoyed by the locals and they will look only on the money they can save using it than the low quality product made from other countries.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
October 17, 2020, 04:30:28 AM
We have the same issue in my country. But the reason is different. USD price increased because of some major economical issues. (Not related with the pandemic) And since many food sources are imported from abroad, market prices increased. So pity...
This is alarming during this Pandemic it's hard to earn a living and we must be very careful on what to buy. Here in our country we do support local products and good mostly this Pandemic as help for our countrymen as well it's more cheaper that shipped from other countries product. Their is a need to produced locally now to help the workers and built a system wherein we will be able to help the countrymem who needs it the most, but sometimes locally product we're higher in price but we need to support them and help them during these Pandemic to earn a living. 

Despite the impact of the epidemic food prices have risen sharply due to declining food production. Along with the epidemic many countries have been flooded due to which production is not taking place and it is becoming difficult for many people to make a living. Many countries produce but in limited quantities. despite the good production prospects marketing of food items is expected to be a problem in the lockdown caused by the coronavirus.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
October 17, 2020, 04:20:49 AM

yeah correct. i think nowadays it is a big sign. The people that stops farming and focusing on neither agriculture nor husbandry have a lesson now. Industrial facilities, industrial productions can not help people in bad times.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 567
When life gets hard BUY Bitcoin!
October 16, 2020, 07:59:16 PM
Activity: 1246
Merit: 261
★ Investor | Trader | Promoter
October 16, 2020, 07:56:05 PM
Thats unfortunate for some countries that doubled prices specially in food and other commodities but fortunately our country has plenty of farmlands thats why prices of are still the same, some food prices are low due to over supply there might be prices hike of some produfts but very minimal. The most problem that  people faces now is how to get back their jobs and how to put food on their tables, can’t really imagine how are they doing during this crisis.

Aside from that, I think many traders are wasting their products due to most people around are stay without money to buy something, because the cruelty of pandemic still exist and our economy is suffering and many are exploitative when it comes to such circumstances.
products delay and most of all we are not safety for transporting goods to neighboring countries and I THINK prosperous countries not affected by pandemic is our chance to buy their food products with a low prices so that we are affected with over pricing, I think throughout this year.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
October 16, 2020, 05:22:14 PM
Activity: 574
Merit: 125
October 16, 2020, 12:59:50 PM
Many countries have suffered due to this pandemic which also resulted in inflation of any goods, just like with your country, our country the Philippines also faces problems like this because the price of many goods as of this day is now higher than before, it happened because some businesses and company need to recover and this is one of their way to do that but the problem with it is that many people are now jobless and they cannot afford costly products.
We should considered always any individual in our economy, we are all suffering from the pandemic what more to those who are not fortunate in life.
Activity: 979
Merit: 258
October 16, 2020, 12:32:23 PM
When i have time i go to local market to check prices

Vegetable prices doubled
Fruit prices doubled
Meat prices around 30% increase
Grain products around 20% increase

And my country  is a exporter of food products

How is it in your country ? Same ?

----------------------

My country is Romania

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-10/food-supply-fears-are-growing-as-romania-bans-grain-exports

We tried to ban exports of grain ,but stupid EU intervened...
In our place, all you have mentioned are on down price due to the fact that farmers were not able to go to the market or to their buyers in order to sell these products that is why the price goes down because they only sell their products to their neighbors for a very low price. In my part I have pigs and I have sold it to my neighbors only for the reason that the price of meat here is very low, a lots of pigs are being stocked for no shipment are allowed. Most of the farmers are now complaining on this issue and I hope the government will give enough support from their loss.
Activity: 658
Merit: 126
October 16, 2020, 01:03:40 AM
It's sane here in the Bangladesh. Actually it's same all over the world in this year of pandemic. Covid made 2020 a hard time for the people of the whole world. In my country everything from rice to meat, fish, vegetables and other groceries all prices are rising high and high. Government is not doing anything or taking any steps to reduce the product price. So, we have to continue the suffer.

I think we will suffer for years, I can't really blame it to the people producing those things cause they are also a victim of this pandemic. You are right that we should expect some help from the government. One problem here in my country is the price of rice, we are trying to help the local farmers sell their price in the right price cause they are being robbed by their buyers. They are the one planting the rice but they are also the one who doesn't have anything to put on their tables. They demand higher price for their rice but they can't get it. The one putting a higher price for their rice are those businessman and capitalists. If there are commodities that I can accept to get higher, it is for those rice farmers, not the capitalists and businesman getting richer with their hard work.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 445
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 16, 2020, 12:41:02 AM
Of course and almost all countries experience the same and the same as in the country where I live, and those who are still income can budget for food needs and minimize it so that it is sufficient.
and how for those who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic who are most likely unable to afford very expensive food, there are indeed social funds or basic necessities provided by the government once a month but not necessarily sufficient for their needs.
Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 16, 2020, 12:14:24 AM
During this pandemic, many things have been changed and total scenarios of the economy getting hazardous. This time, the price is getting high in every sector. I am from Bangladesh and here all the food items and groceries price got high for this pandemic and people have nothing to do without buying because of their survival. Some items price doubled and it is continuing. The government and the relevant authorities are not taking this matter seriously. That's why we are the ultimate sufferer who will be considered as consumers.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
October 15, 2020, 06:00:39 PM
Not just food, almost all basic commodities' prices rose due to the pandemic. I think this is to be expected since most companies and manufacturers had to permanently or temporarily stop their production. Even local farmers were not able to produce due to the lockdown. Traveling products from place to place is also difficult due to strict protocols of the pandemic. That is why they have no choice but the increase the price. The pandemic had been a huge burden to all of us, people losing jobs, prices are increasing and we have limited access to everything.
The production of products and other goods have been paused for a couple of months because of pandemic. Many businesses were shut down and production rate goes slow because there is no employee who can work specially for those in factory or physical workers. I just wonder why does the prices doubled where in fact we are in disaster. I knew that when there is a catastrophe, the prices should not move above its price before the disaster came. It is called as price freeze and it must be implemented because other businesses are taking advantage to the current situation of citizens. Anyway, I hope that this pandemic ends already because we suffered a lot and buying our basic commodities seem to be hard specially to the poor people like me.
Activity: 868
Merit: 333
October 15, 2020, 05:38:47 PM
I think the same happened in every country. Even in our country, the prices of goods increase their value. People are having a hard time to budget their funds since most of them currently do not have their job. Covid-19 really makes everyone and every country suffer and we will continue to experience it until the vaccine is created.
Activity: 546
Merit: 180
I'm Matured Now
October 15, 2020, 04:31:30 PM
It's sane here in the Bangladesh. Actually it's same all over the world in this year of pandemic. Covid made 2020 a hard time for the people of the whole world. In my country everything from rice to meat, fish, vegetables and other groceries all prices are rising high and high. Government is not doing anything or taking any steps to reduce the product price. So, we have to continue the suffer.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 420
October 14, 2020, 03:11:48 PM
Thats unfortunate for some countries that doubled prices specially in food and other commodities but fortunately our country has plenty of farmlands thats why prices of are still the same, some food prices are low due to over supply there might be prices hike of some produfts but very minimal. The most problem that  people faces now is how to get back their jobs and how to put food on their tables, can’t really imagine how are they doing during this crisis.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1041
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
October 14, 2020, 02:16:23 PM
snip..
fortunately I live in an country that is a food producer, so prices tend to be normal even in this "PANDEMIC" period.  Usually, countries that experience an increase in food prices in this "PANDEMIC" period are countries that are not food producers (wheat, rice, etc).  I think the government in your country should pay more attention to this problem because it is certainly affecting people's finances in the midst of this crisis.  I hope the increase in the price of foodstuffs in your country has subsided because at this time countries have re-activated exports and imports as usual..
This is a good point, for the most part countries have concentrated on being as cost effective as possible and if another country can produce food for a cheaper price then they will buy that food instead of trying to push forward their own internal economy, they do this because it is easier and less costly, but this only works when everything is fine, when things change like it is the case during this pandemic countries will try to protect their own population and if for that they need to cut the supply of food to another country they will do so.

So I hope governments have learned a lesson and that they at least need to have the ability to supply food to their own population if they do not want the possibility of seeing riots on the streets.
There are really some countries that has a double price food because of this corona virus pandemic that causes some agricultural fields to stop working but we have to survive it. There are some peoples who lost their job due to community quarantine but i think this is not a reason to stop living your life. I manage to promote bitcoin trading here in our town because i know that other peoples also needs to have income or else they will die on hunger. I let them study about bitcoin first and now they have a good performance on bitcoin trading and can earn a big amount of money.

There are countries that really will have hard time producing food even without pandemic due to the climate. If the country will experience winter season, their farms lands will be useless and this will also affect their cattles. Lucky are the countries that doesn't experience winter like the tropical countries which they can grow veges and they can also fish the sea all year round.

This is still like the law of supply and demand where if theres low supply, the prices will go up.

Activity: 574
Merit: 101
October 14, 2020, 01:26:23 PM
snip..
fortunately I live in an country that is a food producer, so prices tend to be normal even in this "PANDEMIC" period.  Usually, countries that experience an increase in food prices in this "PANDEMIC" period are countries that are not food producers (wheat, rice, etc).  I think the government in your country should pay more attention to this problem because it is certainly affecting people's finances in the midst of this crisis.  I hope the increase in the price of foodstuffs in your country has subsided because at this time countries have re-activated exports and imports as usual..
This is a good point, for the most part countries have concentrated on being as cost effective as possible and if another country can produce food for a cheaper price then they will buy that food instead of trying to push forward their own internal economy, they do this because it is easier and less costly, but this only works when everything is fine, when things change like it is the case during this pandemic countries will try to protect their own population and if for that they need to cut the supply of food to another country they will do so.

So I hope governments have learned a lesson and that they at least need to have the ability to supply food to their own population if they do not want the possibility of seeing riots on the streets.
There are really some countries that has a double price food because of this corona virus pandemic that causes some agricultural fields to stop working but we have to survive it. There are some peoples who lost their job due to community quarantine but i think this is not a reason to stop living your life. I manage to promote bitcoin trading here in our town because i know that other peoples also needs to have income or else they will die on hunger. I let them study about bitcoin first and now they have a good performance on bitcoin trading and can earn a big amount of money.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 703
October 14, 2020, 12:52:16 PM
snip..

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
October 13, 2020, 03:08:05 AM
Not just food, almost all basic commodities' prices rose due to the pandemic. I think this is to be expected since most companies and manufacturers had to permanently or temporarily stop their production. Even local farmers were not able to produce due to the lockdown. Traveling products from place to place is also difficult due to strict protocols of the pandemic. That is why they have no choice but the increase the price. The pandemic had been a huge burden to all of us, people losing jobs, prices are increasing and we have limited access to everything.
Pages:
Jump to: