Author

Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?) - page 155. (Read 2400149 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The yellow in the OP, used to describe the colour of the last Legendary half-coin, is impossible to read on my monitor and I suspect many others. It would be better to remove the styling and simply read "yellow", in the default text colour.

I can see them, not super well but still readable.
Maybe yellow would be better.
Btw, at my schools computers quotes look same color as post that is quoting them.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
The yellow in the OP, used to describe the colour of the last Legendary half-coin, is impossible to read on my monitor and I suspect many others. It would be better to remove the styling and simply read "yellow", in the default text colour.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
If you do this from Half Yellow to Half Blue or Green then its much better currently looking not good  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024
I added a new Legendary membergroup with a yellow coin. I am completely open to the possibility of changing both the name and the coin color if people don't like them. In particular, if people find that threads are now too "glittery" with all of the yellow coins, I will remove the color or make it more subtle. If you think that some other color would work better, download the legendary.gif image, modify it with your color, and post your modified GIF image. Don't change anything but the color of that one region in the image, though. (I make these images by opening the image in GIMP, selecting the colored region, and then using the Colorize tool.)

To make things more fun, the Legendary membergroup has no universal activity requirement. You are guaranteed to become Legendary somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity, but the exact point in this range at which you become Legendary is random per user.

Also, I made it so that Staff have the coin icons for their post group instead of a fixed 5 coins.

Then Theymos is retiring from the forum?

No.

The legendary rank is a cool addition! Smiley
The half yellow coin seems a bit boring - maybe make it into a navy blue, or dark orange?  Hopefully those will stand out a bit better.
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Why my activity stuck at 238 ? It is not increasing? How can I be a senior member ? Thanks.

It will go up next time at next Tuesday.
Last time it went up at 5th so next is 19th since they go up every other Tuesday Wink
After that next time it goes up is 2th at next month.
Assuming you make at least 1 post at every two weeks period.

See this post : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/til-activity-does-not-work-on-precisely-2-week-intervals-interval-timings-582736 . Added timings correctly. Smiley

Kindly,
      Mz
legendary
Why my activity stuck at 238 ? It is not increasing? How can I be a senior member ? Thanks.

It will go up next time at next Tuesday.
Last time it went up at 5th so next is 19th since they go up every other Tuesday Wink
After that next time it goes up is 2th at next month.
Assuming you make at least 1 post at every two weeks period.
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
It was updated by malevolent.

I totally missed that. Wow, I'm asleep at the computer today.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Needs updated. Theymos just added a new rank Legendary.

Its already in the OP.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
It was updated by malevolent.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Needs updated. Theymos just added a new rank Legendary.
Activity: 826
What is this  Roll Eyes ?

When you have 1337 posts. A little forum easter egg.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I added a new Legendary membergroup with a yellow coin. I am completely open to the possibility of changing both the name and the coin color if people don't like them. In particular, if people find that threads are now too "glittery" with all of the yellow coins, I will remove the color or make it more subtle. If you think that some other color would work better, download the legendary.gif image, modify it with your color, and post your modified GIF image. Don't change anything but the color of that one region in the image, though. (I make these images by opening the image in GIMP, selecting the colored region, and then using the Colorize tool.)

To make things more fun, the Legendary membergroup has no universal activity requirement. You are guaranteed to become Legendary somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity, but the exact point in this range at which you become Legendary is random per user.

Also, I made it so that Staff have the coin icons for their post group instead of a fixed 5 coins.

No.

This is officially a conspiracy to prevent me being the top rank. Every time I get close, POW, rule change, 4th time now xD Another 250 to 500 days + inflation again.

Activity: 826
What is the benefit of having legendary rank other than sound cool?
To throw a wrench into all of the Signature Campaigns.   Cheesy
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
use something like the hash of UID + a salt to determine the point?

That's what I did. It just takes the first byte of the SHA-1 hash of UID+salt and adds it to 775. There aren't many users with more than 775 activity, so checking people for upgrades every 10 minutes doesn't cause any problems. I was able to do it with just one SQL statement because MySQL has a built-in SHA-1 function.
legendary

No.

This means user with activity lower than 775 has chance to be legendary?

No....
The range is 775-1030.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
In members page, the position is in this order : VIP>Staff>Sr.Member . So where is Hero Member? Was Hero Member applied later but didn't changed the code in the navigation page? Can you change it to : Administrator > Global Moderator > Moderator > Staff(If any) > VIP > Legendary > Hero Member and so on or VIP after admin or global mod?

I think the order is alphabetic. Legendary people start on page 7368 (as of this writing but that changes fast!).
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
In members page, the position is in this order : VIP>Staff>Sr.Member . So where is Hero Member? Was Hero Member applied later but didn't changed the code in the navigation page? Can you change it to : Administrator > Global Moderator > Moderator > Staff(If any) > VIP > Legendary > Hero Member and so on or VIP after admin or global mod?

Not at all, I presume the same benefits with hero member.

We can say : I have been here for a long time, at current ranking, we can say, I have been here for over 2 years. Grin . I think he will make some privilege for them. In sigs, IMO, he can implement images for Legendary Members ( using [img] tag ) OR he can implement image for Hero Members and splash for Legendary Members. I think Theymos is applying the rank manually, if it is, then he can give privileges to them such as moving topic if it is not in the correct section and locking posts.

Kindly,
       MZ
Activity: 482
Merit: 500
LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

Not at all, I presume the same benefits with hero member.
Jump to: