Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 3. (Read 108770 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Converted my stock RX470s 6xGPU TB85 to the 12xGPU Biostar TB250-BTC PRO
Got it to work with 11 GPUs on smOS.
Will continue to trouble shoot after dinner and test with nvOC with 12 x Zotac 1070 Mini -- cant wait.
If I have time I will try the 2 Claymore instances/windows with RX470 and 1070s; 6 x GPUs in each session in Windows.\

ETH: Share accepted (7 ms)!
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:24 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 4)
ETH: Share accepted (6 ms)!
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:25 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 4)
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:31 - New job from eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008
ETH - Total Speed: 219.173 Mh/s, Total Shares: 407, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:03
ETH: GPU0 19.923 Mh/s, GPU1 19.919 Mh/s, GPU2 19.920 Mh/s, GPU3 19.916 Mh/s, GPU4 19.939 Mh/s, GPU5
19.927 Mh/s, GPU6 19.932 Mh/s, GPU7 19.920 Mh/s, GPU8 19.924 Mh/s, GPU9 19.925 Mh/s, GPU10 19.928 Mh
/s
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:33 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 3)
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:35 - New job from eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008
ETH - Total Speed: 219.191 Mh/s, Total Shares: 408, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:03
ETH: GPU0 19.922 Mh/s, GPU1 19.948 Mh/s, GPU2 19.916 Mh/s, GPU3 19.936 Mh/s, GPU4 19.941 Mh/s, GPU5
19.926 Mh/s, GPU6 19.921 Mh/s, GPU7 19.929 Mh/s, GPU8 19.896 Mh/s, GPU9 19.923 Mh/s, GPU10 19.932 Mh
/s
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:39 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 10)
ETH: Share accepted (10 ms)!
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:39 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 6)
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:42 - New job from eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008
ETH - Total Speed: 219.196 Mh/s, Total Shares: 410, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:03
ETH: GPU0 19.934 Mh/s, GPU1 19.923 Mh/s, GPU2 19.910 Mh/s, GPU3 19.923 Mh/s, GPU4 19.942 Mh/s, GPU5
19.918 Mh/s, GPU6 19.942 Mh/s, GPU7 19.923 Mh/s, GPU8 19.941 Mh/s, GPU9 19.920 Mh/s, GPU10 19.922 M

What CPU and how much ram did you use? Also did you get it to running 12? Well done!

Wow 6 MS accept time on your shares, major respect. I've always like watching how you can tinker with things and get them working better citronick. Wish I had taken more EE/programming classes in college  Angry Angry
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Converted my stock RX470s 6xGPU TB85 to the 12xGPU Biostar TB250-BTC PRO
Got it to work with 11 GPUs on smOS.
Will continue to trouble shoot after dinner and test with nvOC with 12 x Zotac 1070 Mini -- cant wait.
If I have time I will try the 2 Claymore instances/windows with RX470 and 1070s; 6 x GPUs in each session in Windows.\

ETH: Share accepted (7 ms)!
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:24 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 4)
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:25 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 4)
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:31 - New job from eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008
ETH - Total Speed: 219.173 Mh/s, Total Shares: 407, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:03
ETH: GPU0 19.923 Mh/s, GPU1 19.919 Mh/s, GPU2 19.920 Mh/s, GPU3 19.916 Mh/s, GPU4 19.939 Mh/s, GPU5
19.927 Mh/s, GPU6 19.932 Mh/s, GPU7 19.920 Mh/s, GPU8 19.924 Mh/s, GPU9 19.925 Mh/s, GPU10 19.928 Mh
/s
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:33 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 3)
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:35 - New job from eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008
ETH - Total Speed: 219.191 Mh/s, Total Shares: 408, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:03
ETH: GPU0 19.922 Mh/s, GPU1 19.948 Mh/s, GPU2 19.916 Mh/s, GPU3 19.936 Mh/s, GPU4 19.941 Mh/s, GPU5
19.926 Mh/s, GPU6 19.921 Mh/s, GPU7 19.929 Mh/s, GPU8 19.896 Mh/s, GPU9 19.923 Mh/s, GPU10 19.932 Mh
/s
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:39 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 10)
ETH: Share accepted (10 ms)!
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:39 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 6)
ETH: 07/11/17-13:05:42 - New job from eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008
ETH - Total Speed: 219.196 Mh/s, Total Shares: 410, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:03
ETH: GPU0 19.934 Mh/s, GPU1 19.923 Mh/s, GPU2 19.910 Mh/s, GPU3 19.923 Mh/s, GPU4 19.942 Mh/s, GPU5
19.918 Mh/s, GPU6 19.942 Mh/s, GPU7 19.923 Mh/s, GPU8 19.941 Mh/s, GPU9 19.920 Mh/s, GPU10 19.922 M

What CPU and how much ram did you use? Also did you get it to running 12? Well done!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

what coins are the most profitable at this time?

Thats the wrong question.
You should ask yourself "What coin that is at low diff ATM will be more profitable for me to sell when the slump ends?"
Now is the perfect opportunity to buy or mine and build yourself a nice portfolio by September when the investors will start pouring money into crypto again.
So, Jared and Philip, how come your are still selling instead of holding?

yes that's what i meant. I wanna start mining, but don't know what to mine in that state of mind.

something easy to mine, to hold for better times.

you want to mine and hold an off coin in the hopes it will score later correct?

nothing wrong with that idea.

So here is the way to do that.

tell us what gear you have.

Do you have a decent psu?
Do you have a video card?
Do you have a mobo?

You can get any cheap 4 gb card

just the one and mine a shit coin directly to an exchange just hold the coins you mine.

this card will do

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137056

this style of mining is low cost.

you may end up with 50 different coins.  10 of each.

after a month of mining.

put them all on sale at 100x-200x  the price you mined them for.  if one comes in you do okay.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0

You should ask yourself "What coin that is at low diff ATM will be more profitable for me to sell when the slump ends?"
Now is the perfect opportunity to buy or mine and build yourself a nice portfolio by September when the investors will start pouring money into crypto again.

yes that's what i meant. I wanna start mining, but don't know what to mine in that state of mind.

something easy to mine, to hold for better times.
legendary
When I said selling, I meant still mining on nicehash/zpool.
Digibyte or LBRY or... now that is the question.... who will be the first to rise from the ashes come fall?
I have no doubt about ZEC/ETH recovering, but they are difficult to mine.
What to mine, the perennial question Smiley
Only for those that started a mere six months ago, you silly ass.

Why do I auto convert to btc?

Simple  I can sell btc into cash on coinbase.

If I buy a coin on spec I buy  a coin at 0.000001 btc a coin or less

Say 10000 coins for 0.01 total
and list at 0.00002 a coin
if it goes there total btc = 0.20

If I have 5 coins like that   I spent   only  0.05 btc  if one comes in  for .20 btc I net .15 btc
Activity: 308
When I said selling, I meant still mining on nicehash/zpool.
Digibyte or LBRY or... now that is the question.... who will be the first to rise from the ashes come fall?
I have no doubt about ZEC/ETH recovering, but they are difficult to mine.
What to mine, the perennial question Smiley
Only for those that started a mere six months ago, you silly ass.

legendary

I stopped selling all gpus.
I left myself with 10 1080 ti's .

I sold enough coins to pay all bills. 

I have btc

I have  sia
I have dgb

Is it just me or is GPU mining dying a very quick death?   

It's just you - we've been in an incredible surge the last 3 months or so, now things have corrected some and there might be a shakeout happening a bit sooner than I expected.
 GPU mining is STILL a ton more profitable than it was last year at this time though.

I offer you this for fear  there is big money in the game  over 100 billion in coin and gear.

Intel
Amd
Nvidia
Corsair
Evga
Sapphire
Zotac
Asrock
Asus
Biostar
Dell
HP

Intel, Dell, and HP don't belong on that list. Intel isn't selling many if any HIGH PROFIT CPUs to miners, Dell and HP don't sell systems suited for mining at all.

Corsair is iffy - not all that many miners that like their power supplies, especially to the large number that talk about using EVGA.

AMD is without doubt #1 on that list by quite a bit, between GPU chipsets sold AND some extra CPUs sold.

I don't think Phil is saying "invested" so much as "sales driven up noticeably by sales to miners".

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

It's just you - we've been in an incredible surge the last 3 months or so, now things have corrected some and there might be a shakeout happening a bit sooner than I expected.
 GPU mining is STILL a ton more profitable than it was last year at this time though.

I offer you this for fear  there is big money in the game  over 100 billion in coin and gear.

Intel
Amd
Nvidia
Corsair
Evga
Sapphire
Zotac
Asrock
Asus
Biostar
Dell
HP

Intel, Dell, and HP don't belong on that list. Intel isn't selling many if any HIGH PROFIT CPUs to miners, Dell and HP don't sell systems suited for mining at all.

Corsair is iffy - not all that many miners that like their power supplies, especially to the large number that talk about using EVGA.

AMD is without doubt #1 on that list by quite a bit, between GPU chipsets sold AND some extra CPUs sold.

I don't think Phil is saying "invested" so much as "sales driven up noticeably by sales to miners".

Whats the rationale behind believing that hardware companies invested money in crypto?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
What's the rationale behind using two core wallets?
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
In case someone interested, I managed to grab few brand new AMD GPUs.
I don't plan to use them.
I know they are out of stock everywhere, but if someone in the thread can be interested, please PM.

@:Phil, hope you don't mind. You can delete if needed.
Activity: 33

Intel
Amd
Nvidia
Corsair
Evga
Sapphire
Zotac
Asrock
Asus
Biostar
Dell
HP

and many companies  have a vested interest in selling us pc's for mining.

For doubt  I offer you this  the list of companies above do not want gpu mining to fail.

So  for now simply  under clock under volt  and thread water.

For the  btc split  use some gear for core wallets.

I built a new core 14

I am updating this core 11 to a 14.
I can only have one online at a time
but I will have 2 core wallets

lastly I sold enough coins to pay all mining bills and to have money  to buy back coins  if there is a real crash.

https://i.imgur.com/N79HGn6.png

When do you think these companies will pump? If they overinvested in the mining, they might be in big trouble.
Hello guys, i'm new to the mining business, bad timing for what i've seen in this thread  Undecided

I've got my KFA2 GTX 1060 6G at a stable 24 MH/s Eth (W10) and i wonder what would be the most profitable thing to mine with it. (and if you have any advice about it, it would be awesome. Smiley )

I'm considering building a rig but don't really know what would be the best GPU to buy, any advice? i'm living in EU and considering investing about 2,5K€ (6 or 8 GPU). The goal been first, not loose any money over it, then try to earn some while having fun discovering. Cheesy

ty for your time guys.

The profitability of Ethereum mining is highly correlated to the profitability of all gpu mining.  As Ethereum becomes less profitable, people switch their rigs to other coins, which in turns makes their difficulty go up.
Ethereum's difficulty is going up exponentially, and I am also hearing there will be a halving within a month (is this true)?

Of course there is some equilibrium.  Eventually mining becomes unprofitable enough that many quit and the difficulty goes down.  But the only players left competing will be those with sub 4 cent electricity and those who have access to big bulk discounted deals on GPUs and other parts.   I assume that the ROI will be around 12-16 months when this happens and that will probably be as bad as it gets.  

It seems like the only thing that can spark a resurgence in GPU mining is if the price of coins go way up.  And I'm thinking at least 5x higher than they are now (which is very possible).  

Would like to hear some of your thoughts on the future of GPU mining and the best strategies moving forward.  

Hey guys, would be great to hear your thoughts on the matter. i read a few posts on the fork in bitcoin but couldn't understand really well, ty.

FUD = Fear, uncertainty and doubt

Right now  that is king for crypto coins.

Fear = those that bet their left nut on the bull run are overextended  and scared shitless.
Doubt = those that made a few bad moves  doubt what they did.

Uncertainty  = no one really knows where the coins  will shift how prices will hold up etc.

I offer you this  certainty = we all be dead in 150 years or less Grin

Intel
Amd
Nvidia
Corsair
Evga
Sapphire
Zotac
Asrock
Asus
Biostar
Dell
HP

For doubt  I offer you this  the list of companies above do not want gpu mining to fail.

I built a new core 14

lastly I sold enough coins to pay all mining bills and to have money  to buy back coins  if there is a real crash.

https://i.imgur.com/N79HGn6.png

Ty for that insight, but more personnal, what about my first quote? could you help me a bit,give me some leads? i'm kind of in the dark right now...

i tried Eth and Zcash, just know some other coins by name. I figured it would be better to start mining something easier with just one card, for the fun, and hold it hoping one day it reaches some high spikes.

In the meantime, I was thinking about building a rig on Eth, but not so much anymore considering it dropped quite a lot these past few days. it's a big investment at the time with the shortage on GPU.
legendary
Hello guys, i'm new to the mining business, bad timing for what i've seen in this thread  Undecided

I've got my KFA2 GTX 1060 6G at a stable 24 MH/s Eth (W10) and i wonder what would be the most profitable thing to mine with it. (and if you have any advice about it, it would be awesome. Smiley )

I'm considering building a rig but don't really know what would be the best GPU to buy, any advice? i'm living in EU and considering investing about 2,5K€ (6 or 8 GPU). The goal been first, not loose any money over it, then try to earn some while having fun discovering. Cheesy

ty for your time guys.

The profitability of Ethereum mining is highly correlated to the profitability of all gpu mining.  As Ethereum becomes less profitable, people switch their rigs to other coins, which in turns makes their difficulty go up.
Ethereum's difficulty is going up exponentially, and I am also hearing there will be a halving within a month (is this true)?

Of course there is some equilibrium.  Eventually mining becomes unprofitable enough that many quit and the difficulty goes down.  But the only players left competing will be those with sub 4 cent electricity and those who have access to big bulk discounted deals on GPUs and other parts.   I assume that the ROI will be around 12-16 months when this happens and that will probably be as bad as it gets.  

It seems like the only thing that can spark a resurgence in GPU mining is if the price of coins go way up.  And I'm thinking at least 5x higher than they are now (which is very possible).  

Would like to hear some of your thoughts on the future of GPU mining and the best strategies moving forward.  

Hey guys, would be great to hear your thoughts on the matter. i read a few posts on the fork in bitcoin but couldn't understand really well, ty.

FUD = Fear, uncertainty and doubt

Right now  that is king for crypto coins.

Fear = those that bet their left nut on the bull run are overextended  and scared shitless.
Doubt = those that made a few bad moves  doubt what they did.

Uncertainty  = no one really knows where the coins  will shift how prices will hold up etc.

I offer you this  certainty = we all be dead in 150 years or less Grin

Intel
Amd
Nvidia
Corsair
Evga
Sapphire
Zotac
Asrock
Asus
Biostar
Dell
HP

I built a new core 14

Hello guys, i'm new to the mining business, bad timing for what i've seen in this thread  Undecided

ty for your time guys.

The profitability of Ethereum mining is highly correlated to the profitability of all gpu mining.  As Ethereum becomes less profitable, people switch their rigs to other coins, which in turns makes their difficulty go up.

Of course there is some equilibrium.  Eventually mining becomes unprofitable enough that many quit and the difficulty goes down.  But the only players left competing will be those with sub 4 cent electricity and those who have access to big bulk discounted deals on GPUs and other parts.   I assume that the ROI will be around 12-16 months when this happens and that will probably be as bad as it gets. 

It seems like the only thing that can spark a resurgence in GPU mining is if the price of coins go way up.  And I'm thinking at least 5x higher than they are now (which is very possible). 

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Hi there,

how to undervolt using watttool? I have RX 570 asus expedition 4GB OC. Can anyone help me what settings to use for undevolting?

Im not quite sure what to change and how to test it by best way.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
i run all my 1080 ti's off cables like that.

I use evga 750 p2
I use evga  850 p2
I use rosewill tokamak   1500 tit
I use rosewill quark 850 plat

I like the rose will a lot  the quark 850's   are as lot as 130 usd on eBay

you can do 4 1080 ti's at 70%

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rosewill-Quark-Series-850-Watt-Full-Modular-80-Plus-Platinum-Certified-ATX12V-EP-/262964124127?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rosewill-Quark-Series-850W-Full-Modular-Gaming-Power-Supply-with-LED-Indicator-/291426924760?

Thanks just free'd up heaps of cables in my rigs.  Unfortunately I am in new zealand where we are limited in what brands and deals we can buy Cheesy
Activity: 11

Pages:
Jump to: