Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 36. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Whattomine has limited information and not very complete.

Q : How do you look at latest profitability model for Ti?

if you enter 1.5 * 1080 it is similar output to that of a 1080ti. For equihash at least. Dunno about the rest.

ill be nice, this has taken me hours to compile on my Gigabyte 1080ti cards which are on stock cooling, all benchmarks were done at OEM stock settings. I was forced to run it at stock settings because some algos are incredibly picky with OC, i mean some will crash at the sight of +10 to the core freq.. just boggled me, the stock settings were the only settings i could get even numbers across EVERY algo the 1080ti's would run on all the CCminers i have used to date....... The intensity levels, ignore them they will be different on your machine, these are the highest i could get 1hr stability from each algo... im still performing the test....so all blank intensity boxes are DEFAULT levels with no manual correction

Wow,very comprehensive list. Thank you for sharing.
Please correct me if I interpret your data incorrectly. I am to use Alexis78 if I intend to mine highest profitable skein.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
ill be nice, this has taken me hours to compile on my Gigabyte 1080ti cards which are on stock cooling, all benchmarks were done at OEM stock settings. I was forced to run it at stock settings because some algos are incredibly picky with OC, i mean some will crash at the sight of +10 to the core freq.. just boggled me, the stock settings were the only settings i could get even numbers across EVERY algo the 1080ti's would run on all the CCminers i have used to date....... The intensity levels, ignore them they will be different on your machine, these are the highest i could get 1hr stability from each algo... im still performing the test....so all blank intensity boxes are DEFAULT levels with no manual correction

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

if you enter 1.5 * 1080 it is similar output to that of a 1080ti. For equihash at least. Dunno about the rest.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Hi All,

I am quite new mining, just start 4 months ago.
I have several RX480 rigs mining dual coin and they are fairly stable. I mine ETH + Decred/Sia (I switch around).
Took me some time to get it efficient and proper mining rate.

Then from where I am staying now, 400/500 series GPU just ran out. You can't get them anywhere.
As you all would have know by now, mining is ADDICTIVE.
I wanted more and more rigs.  Grin

So I stumble onto Philipma's thread on 1080 Ti and that got me hooked.
I brought 6 Ti. 3x MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti and 3x Gigabyte Aorus (2x Extreme, 1x Regular).

I love them and I would like to thank Phillipma contribution to the site.
Very generous with his analysis and never hold back on sharing his knowledge.
Thumbs up!

I started off with skein on zpool and it was profitable.
But then for the past few days, the earnings has dropped to half and I have been stalking Phillipma zpool account.
And he dropped off skein, so I followed him to start mining Zcash on Nicehash.

Using the knowledge shared in this post, my Zcash rigs are running around 3.5/3.6 H/W.
Not great but I can still improve it.

Since it is the first time I use Nvidia card to mine, I don't really know where to look for the profitability model.

Thanks a bunch. Beer on me if you fly to my place.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

yeah I don't use ups except for regular pc and router.  I lose power I don't mine in house.

I still have gear in other places.

here is the rig  that the guy is running full speed

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

I can't stop staring at this.   Cheesy

if this old mobo cost 500-600 bucks......

I dread the moment when the price for the Asrock H110 Pro BTC comes out at 399 bucks

but I found cpus' at 114 used  so 114+114 + 500 = 726  and I think you make 5 or 6 a day with xmr mining on the cpus.

My setups would be

3x i5 6400t
 3x  gigabyte z270

which = 720  but I could do 3 slot + 1 riser = 12 cards

i really should look into this xmr stuff, my ryzen 1700 may make me a few more bucks a day.. its watercooled so heat wouldnt be an issue

It is just cryptonight on the nicehash.exe?  Pretty sure I asked Phil how he was mining with his CPU and he said just using nicehash.  But I could be mixing it up with someone else.

I have a Ryzen 1600x (for gaming)  Which is about the same as a 1700.  Also water cooled.  It still gets up near 56C when cpu mining but its not too bad.  While mining Skein @1020 with one to1080 I can run nicehash and just select CPU and it gives me about 320 H/s on whatever it is mining.  My laptop i5 at work gives me 50 h/s as comparison.  And I think I have older i5 in a pc that does around 110 h/s.   The ryzen is making around #1.30 a day.  So if those CPU phil has are doing about the same that is impressive.  IMO worth it.  I can't see much or any change in Watt at the power point.

yeah pretty much it.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100

yeah I don't use ups except for regular pc and router.  I lose power I don't mine in house.

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

I dread the moment when the price for the Asrock H110 Pro BTC comes out at 399 bucks

but I found cpus' at 114 used  so 114+114 + 500 = 726  and I think you make 5 or 6 a day with xmr mining on the cpus.

My setups would be

3x i5 6400t
 3x  gigabyte z270

i really should look into this xmr stuff, my ryzen 1700 may make me a few more bucks a day.. its watercooled so heat wouldnt be an issue

It is just cryptonight on the nicehash.exe?  Pretty sure I asked Phil how he was mining with his CPU and he said just using nicehash.  But I could be mixing it up with someone else.

I have a Ryzen 1600x (for gaming)  Which is about the same as a 1700.  Also water cooled.  It still gets up near 56C when cpu mining but its not too bad.  While mining Skein @1020 with one to1080 I can run nicehash and just select CPU and it gives me about 320 H/s on whatever it is mining.  My laptop i5 at work gives me 50 h/s as comparison.  And I think I have older i5 in a pc that does around 110 h/s.   The ryzen is making around #1.30 a day.  So if those CPU phil has are doing about the same that is impressive.  IMO worth it.  I can't see much or any change in Watt at the power point.

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

My setups would be

3x i5 6400t
 3x  gigabyte z270

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

yeah I don't use ups except for regular pc and router.  I lose power I don't mine in house.

here is the rig  that the guy is running full speed

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

I can't stop staring at this.   Cheesy

Biostar is making a motherboard with 12x PCIe slots as well so hopefully that will keep prices in check

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=884

BIO$$$TAR will then take the $299 bucks route.... hope MSI, Gigabyte, Asus jumps in so that we could see a $129 board

this is not the first time we see the money greed infects all vendors ...

...during a crypto "perfect storm" like now.... even PSUs are out of stock.... you will see a few 1600w PSU for mining coming out from China for $199

sorry for being negative here but greed, money, market share are really the root of all evil....
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

Biostar is making a motherboard with 12x PCIe slots as well so hopefully that will keep prices in check

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=884

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

yeah I don't use ups except for regular pc and router.  I lose power I don't mine in house.

here is the rig  that the guy is running full speed

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

I can't stop staring at this.   Cheesy

When is the release of that board?
Probably won't get one but some used gear might pop up on ebay

the board was already on demo at Computex Taiwan so I am sure Foxconn is busy making them
legendary

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

My setups would be

3x i5 6400t
 3x  gigabyte z270

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

When is the release of that board?
Probably won't get one but some used gear might pop up on ebay
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O

legendary
Hey Phil - love the thread and your contribution to it.
I took your advice and am building a 2*1080ti + 1*1070 rig.

If I run these at 80% TDP like you suggest, I think a 1000W gold rated corsair PSU should do the job easily? There's Just a single HDD in there with the CPU.

easy  

at 80%  you are 200+200+120 =520 add 80 for all else = 600

you may find 55% to 80% all can work well in terms of power.

It got hot in NJ   USA so I dropped all my gpu's to 58% for last 3 days runs well more efficient then 80%

less hash
but less heat is very important for my setup.

also best efficiency is needed as summer power cost more.

when weather gets colder and power drops in price I will move back up to 75-80%

this is the gold standard to me 2x 1080 ti and 1x 1070 itx with a 850 watt psu (1000 watt optional)

Activity: 325
Merit: 110
Hey Phil - love the thread and your contribution to it.
I took your advice and am building a 2*1080ti + 1*1070 rig.

If I run these at 80% TDP like you suggest, I think a 1000W gold rated corsair PSU should do the job easily? There's Just a single HDD in there with the CPU.
legendary
wow that is one expensive rig... that mobo is $500+ sigh

if you got the e5-2670 cpu to go in those sockets
youll get that money back in no time at all just by cpu mining

the cpu is cheap

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117263

the motherboard

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA25V5J09309&cm_re=Supermicro_X9DRX%2b-F-_-13-182-692-_-Product
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

if you got the e5-2670 cpu to go in those sockets
youll get that money back in no time at all just by cpu mining
legendary
@Phil - 4.46 those are some nice numbers man!

I'm starting to think I should have gone with 208v 30A instead of 2 30A 120v.

Decided to go 120v instead of 208v so I could run my SMT3000's - but I'm starting to think I should have just done 208v

It only gives me 5min of backup power - I'm kinda just using it as a big ass Killa Watt meter lol

Supermicro X9DRX+-F-O
Pages:
Jump to: