Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 38. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
It's official....have my first miner up and running.

Didn't install all 3 GPUs, made sure I didn't blow up the first one first.

Have one 1080ti FE going to Nicehash w EWBF 0.3.4b

I will learn how to put in pictures later, not sure if I even can right now.

Pushing 700 sol @ 293W at the Kill-A-Meter.  276 sol/W efficiency ( seems low compared to others).

GPU @ 72C

Have settings set on Afterburner---70 TDP, 73C temp limit, +250 Core, -500 Memory, Fan 75%

Appreciate everyone's thoughts and ideas in general.

Time to buy 500 more 1080ti's.
---------------
The 2.76 sol/W.....seems a little low, anything I can do to change that?

2.7 efficiency is usually stock ..... you really should do something about the watts 293w is really bad... waste of energy

Phils has good guides to finetune 1080tis to get low power but good hash ratio, and achieve 3-ish efficiency
The settings are the ones I saw him post but ill double check them

I will look into the power consumption,  will need to get it handled before adding another few cards and setups.

Do you have --pec. At the end of the bat file in ewbf_ 3.4 or 3.3?  It will show you power at the card.

Your number is power at the wall or some how the tdp is not at 70%

Soooooooooooooo what had happened was.......ha, I am a dumba$$.  Didn't realize there's this cool button, the check mark, to actually ACCEPT the settings I have it configured to.  Total rookie mistake.

With that being said, EWBF is showing 673 SOL/s, 169W @ 3.8 Sol/W, Kill-a-Meter is showing 215W.  Card is registering at a cool 56C.  Amazing what happens when you do the settings correctly.

Thanks phil & citronik for the help.  This afternoon after work I will install the other 2 GPUs and see how it goes.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
@citronick ...Do you power the pico with the server psu also?

If so, which cable do you use?

Yes.

For cable - solder 2 pins onto pico and terminate 6pins to breakout board.
yslyung does this "hard labor" work for me. I will take a picture later.
My EVGA replacement project and recent GPU farm server PSU kit supplied by yslyung.

Alternatively, the original 12v connector (meant for car power connection) if you buy the picos "as is" at Aliexpress - you can use one of those 2pin connectors that the Baikal Quads use to power their cubes via 6pin PCIE ATX PSU cables. Much more elegant solution but still need to spend money to buy those parts. See pix at http://www.parallelminer.com/product/160watt-24pin-atx-power-module-included-sata-molex-cpu-power-connectors-bypass-your-atx-power-supply-entirely/ -- getting custom kit from yslyung will be much cheaper surely.

In summary, with this pico/serverpsu/bb solution -- you basically can throw away the EVGA PSU.... LOL  Grin

Since we are on a Crypto hardware crunch now..... I wonder if I get a good price for EVGA-1300-G2 used 24x7x365 more than a year old ?
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
These are mining ZEC on Nicehash.

http://i.imgur.com/Q2pzMIc.jpg
The settings use. I start with Phil's setting because they rock, then just play a little to get what works in in different rig set up.

http://i.imgur.com/aMBNJvD.jpg

Im getting dizzy Tongue. THose are closer to what I said but Phil said low mem does he mean low or negative.   I know I use negative for Skein but it doesn't really seem to do much no matter what I set it too on Skein. On Zec I do get more Sol by raising Mem clock rather than leaving it on zero.  I will have to try negative again.
Activity: 186
@citronick ...Do you power the pico with the server psu also?

If so, which cable do you use?
Activity: 238
These are mining ZEC on Nicehash.

http://i.imgur.com/Q2pzMIc.jpg
The settings use. I start with Phil's setting because they rock, then just play a little to get what works in in different rig set up.

http://i.imgur.com/aMBNJvD.jpg

Pushing 700 sol @ 293W at the Kill-A-Meter.  276 sol/W efficiency ( seems low compared to others).

GPU @ 72C

Have settings set on Afterburner---70 TDP, 73C temp limit, +250 Core, -500 Memory, Fan 75%

---------------

Pretty sure those settings are for mining SKEIN.  For zec it is different.

You actually want to boost the memory.  This is my settings on my Auros Card which already has high rates already so you can't over clock it as hard.
TDP = 75
+75 core
+375 Memory
+75 fan (but this depends where you live and how cold it is.  I use +50 fan as its cold as heck here right now).

Those setting should work well for you on non Aorus card.  But you can likely get more out of the core and memory.  If you are already geting 250 and its not freezing then you can probably do that. You can likely inch your memory upto 450.   But 400 is prolly semi safe.  The issue is your memory.  Zec mining is effected by it SKEIN is not really.

Your info is wrong.  Skein and Zec both like high core low memory.

Eth like high ram

Oh yep my bad was thinking Eth.  What are your settings for Zec I have my skein and eth settings sorted for aorus and standard 1080ti and thought I had my Zec settings but I was getting more MH/s for zec when I went from 0 - 300 Ram.  Will I get more if I go into the negatives?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

there many types of risers, so many possibilities as per what config you have or want, and what PSU you are using.

Is this where you got the PCIE risers?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TISHRIC-VER006C-Blue-1x-to-16x-PCI-Express-Riser-Card-PCI-E-Extender-60cm-USB-3/32800974325.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.2.A3kWYP

for normal ATX PSU, the molex to SATA is fine actually (top left or bottom right - both works)

the pcie type - bottom right, is the one I use if using server PSU

in this case you would skip the use the pcie-sata and directly use pcie-pcie cable
Activity: 38

there many types of risers, so many possibilities as per what config you have or want, and what PSU you are using.

Is this where you got the PCIE risers?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TISHRIC-VER006C-Blue-1x-to-16x-PCI-Express-Riser-Card-PCI-E-Extender-60cm-USB-3/32800974325.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.2.A3kWYP
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
can you guys recommend which type of risers I should use? Getting mixed opinions everywhere. I was gonna go with sata risers directly to 6 pins but heard it is dangerous. What is the safest way to power risers?

I personally prefer PCIE 6pin type (riser version 6?) so that I can reuse my 6pin PCIE cables especially when using server PSU.

I have many SATA powered risers in production now and all ok so far.

I guess its a matter of good quality build instead of "dangerous", and if your SATA cable connects via molex onto the riser -- ensure that its tight and secured. I suspect that the real danger is when low quality molex doesn't get in proper contact or loosely contact with the 4 pins -- thats where trouble starts... ie. sparks, fire hazard, damaged riser eventually over time.

For risers I usually take good look on the quality of the USB3 cable... the ones that are "fat" or shielded likely have 100% uptime compared to the flimsy ... phone charger looking type USB cables...

so with PCIE 6 pin risers, you go 6 pin to 6 pin cable directly without using any adaptor?

its like a Y cable (one for GPU and one for riser) .... one single cable that goes back to server PSU

look closely here.... one cable splits into 2 pci connector, an 8pin for GPU and 6pin for riser... this way power goes to both devices at the same time so consistency perhaps makes a stable rig....

Is the cable something like this? http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/3gkAAOSwiQ9ZPZn6/s-l1600.jpg

6 pin female goes to PSU then 6+2pin male to your GPU and 6 pin male to riser. is it okay to leave 2 pin unconnected and just connect 6 pin tho?

if you are using ATX PSU, you need 8 pins but if server psu the breakout boards are usually 6pin

leaving the 2 pin out is fine -- quite flexible these 6+2 connectors

I never thought of connecting it this way. Most people's setup has separate cables powering risers and GPUs. This is not a bad idea as you explained the reason. so 8 pins to two 6+2pins cable would work same way? Thank you for the enlightment.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Pushing 700 sol @ 293W at the Kill-A-Meter.  276 sol/W efficiency ( seems low compared to others).

GPU @ 72C

---------------

You actually want to boost the memory.  This is my settings on my Auros Card which already has high rates already so you can't over clock it as hard.
TDP = 75
+75 core
+375 Memory
+75 fan (but this depends where you live and how cold it is.  I use +50 fan as its cold as heck here right now).

Those setting should work well for you on non Aorus card.  But you can likely get more out of the core and memory.  If you are already geting 250 and its not freezing then you can probably do that. You can likely inch your memory upto 450.   But 400 is prolly semi safe.  The issue is your memory.  Zec mining is effected by it SKEIN is not really.

Your info is wrong.  Skein and Zec both like high core low memory.

Eth like high ram

GPU @ 72C

---------------

TDP = 75
+75 core
+375 Memory

can you guys recommend which type of risers I should use? Getting mixed opinions everywhere. I was gonna go with sata risers directly to 6 pins but heard it is dangerous. What is the safest way to power risers?

I personally prefer PCIE 6pin type (riser version 6?) so that I can reuse my 6pin PCIE cables especially when using server PSU.

I guess its a matter of good quality build instead of "dangerous", and if your SATA cable connects via molex onto the riser -- ensure that its tight and secured. I suspect that the real danger is when low quality molex doesn't get in proper contact or loosely contact with the 4 pins -- thats where trouble starts... ie. sparks, fire hazard, damaged riser eventually over time.

For risers I usually take good look on the quality of the USB3 cable... the ones that are "fat" or shielded likely have 100% uptime compared to the flimsy ... phone charger looking type USB cables...

so with PCIE 6 pin risers, you go 6 pin to 6 pin cable directly without using any adaptor?

its like a Y cable (one for GPU and one for riser) .... one single cable that goes back to server PSU

look closely here.... one cable splits into 2 pci connector, an 8pin for GPU and 6pin for riser... this way power goes to both devices at the same time so consistency perhaps makes a stable rig....

Is the cable something like this? http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/3gkAAOSwiQ9ZPZn6/s-l1600.jpg

6 pin female goes to PSU then 6+2pin male to your GPU and 6 pin male to riser. is it okay to leave 2 pin unconnected and just connect 6 pin tho?

if you are using ATX PSU, you need 8 pins but if server psu the breakout boards are usually 6pin

I never thought of connecting it this way. Most people's setup has separate cables powering risers and GPUs. This is not a bad idea as you explained the reason. so 8 pins to two 6+2pins cable would work same way? Thank you for the enlightment.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Pushing 700 sol @ 293W at the Kill-A-Meter.  276 sol/W efficiency ( seems low compared to others).

GPU @ 72C

---------------

2.7 efficiency is usually stock ..... you really should do something about the watts 293w is really bad... waste of energy

Phils has good guides to finetune 1080tis to get low power but good hash ratio, and achieve 3-ish efficiency

I will look into the power consumption,  will need to get it handled before adding another few cards and setups.

Do you have --pec. At the end of the bat file in ewbf_ 3.4 or 3.3?  It will show you power at the card.

Your number is power at the wall or some how the tdp is not at 70%
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

GPU @ 72C

---------------

I use settings

165 core, 0 mem, PL 195

I still get good hash of 650ish but cards are cool and stable
Activity: 27

GPU @ 72C

---------------

Pages:
Jump to: