Pages:
Author

Topic: [FRC] - Difficulty Adjustment fork SUCCESSFUL! - page 12. (Read 15849 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
LOL anyone who wasn't able to see that FRC's design would have these implications of large chunks of time between diff adjustments due to huge influx of miners...is fail...just fail.

Now the developers are resorting to cheating. lol

Changing the time between diff adjustments will only inflate the FRC supply. So it is a temporary fix.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Thx Salty
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
stickying temporarily so that need to see the update can more readily.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
183 BLOCKS TO GO!

Someone should now post a widget below in the thread so we can all watch it count down slowly.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Also note that due to some extensive research and simulation run by our developers maaku and galambo we thing FRC will after this new algorithm goes into place have the highest degree of 'fitness' (the match between difficulty and actual network hash rate) of any coin EVER.  All the parameters (adjustment ever 9 blocks, gain or 0.1025 and limiter of 1.055) have been carefully selected to be the absolute optimum to both respond to rapid changes in hash rate and to dampen the random fluctuations inherent in the PoW process.  Both FRC, BTC and several other alt-coin historical data were used for simulated comparisons and similar parameters were found to be ideal in all of them, should our algorithm prove itself in this final real world test then we would recommend it be used universally.

I'm eager to see how it all turns out in actual deployment. Smiley

Might take a while to get there @_@ So many blocks to mine, not enough hash power to do it XD
Activity: 91
A great thank you to the developers from me, too.  Smiley

And to the people waiting for the hard-fork to take place, please, contribute with your hardware so that we can get there faster. We've only seen 5 blocks in the last 24 hours, which means the hard-fork is more than a month away at the current pace. Remember, every contribution counts!
do you have to download the new version? Can I just load my wallet and have it update itself ?

nice work on the support

Download

Latest version 0.0.2-2, released 11 May 2013

http://freico.in/download/

Back up your wallet first.

Note: If you have participated in the beta or release candidate, you will first need to delete or rename your Freicoin data directory. On windows this is “%APPDATA%\Freicoin”, on Mac OS X “~/Library/Application Support/Freicoin”, and on Linux “~/.freicoin”. Make sure that you backup these files if you need the keys contained in your old wallet (for example, you used the release candidate to generate your miner payout address).
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
do you have to download the new version? Can I just load my wallet and have it update itself ?

nice work on the support
Think they have sent out details to all the major exchanges we know off. I think we will have to keep bumping this thread as well until there is some sort of sticky.
Activity: 434
Also note that due to some extensive research and simulation run by our developers maaku and galambo we thing FRC will after this new algorithm goes into place have the highest degree of 'fitness' (the match between difficulty and actual network hash rate) of any coin EVER.  All the parameters (adjustment ever 9 blocks, gain or 0.1025 and limiter of 1.055) have been carefully selected to be the absolute optimum to both respond to rapid changes in hash rate and to dampen the random fluctuations inherent in the PoW process.  Both FRC, BTC and several other alt-coin historical data were used for simulated comparisons and similar parameters were found to be ideal in all of them, should our algorithm prove itself in this final real world test then we would recommend it be used universally.

I'm eager to see how it all turns out in actual deployment. Smiley
Activity: 434
Please be sure to notify any exchanges that carry FRC. BTC-E didn't keep up with Terracoin when they had their mandatory update, so for about a day they were on a forked chain causing all of the transactions people were doing for BTC/USD to be invalid with no recourse.
BTW, you should PM moderator for altcoins part of the forum and tell him to sticky this thread for a while else it will be blown away to page 5+ in matter of few hours.

Client version should read v0.0.2-2 not v0.7.2.0-unk-beta, at Debug info page.

Not only does the mod need to sticky but we need some sort of NEW system on this part of the forum it is a TOTAL nightmare if you are looking for important notices for your flavour of coin within the bunches of new coin announcements and fraud, premine etc calls... simply a TOTAL mess that needs to be rectified.

At least have a section for coin devs so that they can post important information perma stickied and they can change it when major announcements need to be made.
Oh look, a premined coin failing? Good.

Liar.

Simple as that you lie.
Now if the blocks could update any more slowly Tongue

Throw more hash on the fire...

Got all I can on it.

Join the Pool Party @ Joe's  http://pool.cr.rs/
Now if the blocks could update any more slowly Tongue
Failing? It's actually making a huge improvement that will move it forward @_@

Also

• Let's not toss around the term premine, it's basically become synonymous to "I wasn't a early adopter, so I'm mad" Not aiming this at you in any way, but come on, your kind of tossing around claims atm
  • I wouldn't all the Freicoin Foundation a "premine", take a look at the reasons for it's creation
  • At least this coin is trying something new Tongue

Regardless, for each his own. I personally like the idea behind this coin.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Will admit, the green is a bit ugly Tongue But I'll live with it
Yea just backup your wallet, nothing here is changing or invalidating old addresses on the chain and no one needs to move coins in the chain.

Right then, better safe than sorry
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Yea just backup your wallet, nothing here is changing or invalidating old addresses on the chain and no one needs to move coins in the chain.
Pages:
Jump to: