Pages:
Author

Topic: Fundamental analysis thread - page 4. (Read 19844 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
May 30, 2013, 02:40:29 PM
For currency, supply and demand do not affect its value, it is mostly decided by the historical consensus

For bitcoin, there is a consensus of continuous appreciation due to limited supply, and that appreciation speed is largely related to the difficulty of the network

During 2012, most of the time the difficulty changed very slow, so does the exchange rate, but now when ASIC devices are being deployed, difficulty will rise at least 10-20 times, so does the exchange rate. I think current exchange rate already priced in the batch of ASIC chips that are going to hit the network during summer, unless there is a forecast of large increase of future difficulty, the exchange rate will be stable for a while
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
May 30, 2013, 02:23:28 PM
Cheesy
Okay, I'll help you. The meaning is "to soberly assess the situation and expect a dramatic move bold major player - a bear. Who was the first to throw a stone into the den of the bear? Pressing the loot from ASIC-builders and investors throughout the "third wave" ? (the reallocation of funds). Remove coins from "third wave" investors. Coins have to go to speculators, big players in the market. Otherwise, the game does not have feelings. (meaning). The chain reaction of bankruptcies mining companies will benefit bears. Would also benefit the network, it will distribute power evenly hashes on the network, rigs will be sold for a penny, dumped on the market at bargain prices and are not in demand.

sounds pleasant... what has this got to do with fundamentals?
It is most relevant to fundamental analysis. That's the whole point of the system: the creators is assigned fiat currency  in exchange for a promise of anonymity, independence from banks, lower commission payments, easy income from trade, from mining. This is a game with only one goal (a zero-sum game) Undecided
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
May 29, 2013, 05:11:00 PM
Cheesy
Okay, I'll help you. The meaning is "to soberly assess the situation and expect a dramatic move bold major player - a bear. Who was the first to throw a stone into the den of the bear? Pressing the loot from ASIC-builders and investors throughout the "third wave" ? (the reallocation of funds). Remove coins from "third wave" investors. Coins have to go to speculators, big players in the market. Otherwise, the game does not have feelings. (meaning). The chain reaction of bankruptcies mining companies will benefit bears. Would also benefit the network, it will distribute power evenly hashes on the network, rigs will be sold for a penny, dumped on the market at bargain prices and are not in demand.

sounds pleasant... what has this got to do with fundamentals?
May 29, 2013, 01:42:58 PM
 Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
May 28, 2013, 10:54:49 PM
Mr. Che, all pants pulled together, finally sobered up, have washed with cold water and soap, talcum fingers \ strewed palms, all rolled into a garbage background is the sound of flickering and swap out the ... In ALHALVU!! the moment came unexpectedly!!

In Hell adische, burn it with fire but stronger! Who will throw the first rock into the den? Pressing the loot from ASIC-builders and investors throughout the "third wave"?

Whatever that means...

Yes. I got the same garbage. "Lost in Translation" has never been more true than with this one...
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
May 28, 2013, 10:49:27 PM
Mr. Che, all pants pulled together, finally sobered up, have washed with cold water and soap, talcum fingers \ strewed palms, all rolled into a garbage background is the sound of flickering and swap out the ... In ALHALVU!! the moment came unexpectedly!!

In Hell adische, burn it with fire but stronger! Who will throw the first rock into the den? Pressing the loot from ASIC-builders and investors throughout the "third wave"?

Whatever that means...
May 28, 2013, 02:42:44 PM
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
May 28, 2013, 02:28:52 PM

I make about 1 blockchain.info wallet every 4 or so weeks for various temporary purposes. Maybe I should change that practice.

Does this count every wallet ever created or are there some criteria to be fulfilled?
[/quote]
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
May 28, 2013, 07:06:24 AM
Why are you not placing bad news on the list? If price falls I'm looking for information why and nothing is on your list (it makes me suspicious that it's biased and not trustworthy because of that).

Read the rest of the thread (jesus, just read this page) to understand why there isnt more bearish info there.

If you are looking for info on why the fall happened yesterday, you just need to know that manipulators are going to manipulate (and sometimes get burned because they failed... like yesterday).

I don't get it
Why freezing mtgox bank account is less important than rumors that maybe some unknown hedge will give possibility to hold bitcoins.
Or if there is good news about Coinlab deal why it is not followed by news that it didn't work out and there will be no Coinlab but lawsuit instead. At least be consequent.

(I knew price was going to fall now, either in triangle or zigzag scenario, but it was quite fast, like some news showed up.)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
May 28, 2013, 03:46:14 AM

Wallet number of users isn't as bullish as it looks. If the there were no new wallets at all, the line would go flat, not down. The slope pointing up isn't bullish unless the slope angle is also increasing.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
May 28, 2013, 03:44:06 AM

One piece of data is cumulative, the other is recalculated daily. No surprise that the numbers of transactions fell after the crash of 2013. Expect them to bottom soon and flatline for a few months before heading back up.
legendary
May 28, 2013, 03:41:30 AM
Why are you not placing bad news on the list? If price falls I'm looking for information why and nothing is on your list (it makes me suspicious that it's biased and not trustworthy because of that).

Read the rest of the thread (jesus, just read this page) to understand why there isnt more bearish info there.

If you are looking for info on why the fall happened yesterday, you just need to know that manipulators are going to manipulate (and sometimes get burned because they failed... like yesterday).
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
May 28, 2013, 02:01:24 AM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
May 27, 2013, 11:48:25 AM
My top bearish contender is still BFL, they are the largest concentrated pile of incompetence and still kickin. People (and neither myself) don't pay any attention to them any more but they are continuing to piss people off.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
May 27, 2013, 10:44:58 AM
Bearish price indicator: (You may want to dig deeper to get actual statistical data)

As Ripple gains wider acceptance and usage, it will increase the M2 monetary base of bitcoins (that is, M1 is what is on the blockchain, M2 is M1 + all credit accounts denominated in bitcoins (Not sure if I am using the right M#s, somebody could check that?)), the rising money supply will decrease the price.

While in theory thats possible, I'm far from convinced that Ripple will be widely used.
Whatever the case may be, this thread is about what is, not what might/could/should happen. I've been trying hard, but cannot come up with bearish facts. I see no reason for Bitcoin not to continue growing. It works, and it is (and could be) useful in many ways to many people. Most of them haven't even realized that yet.
legendary
May 27, 2013, 01:28:06 AM
Bearish price indicator: (You may want to dig deeper to get actual statistical data)

As Ripple gains wider acceptance and usage, it will increase the M2 monetary base of bitcoins (that is, M1 is what is on the blockchain, M2 is M1 + all credit accounts denominated in bitcoins (Not sure if I am using the right M#s, somebody could check that?)), the rising money supply will decrease the price.

While in theory thats possible, I'm far from convinced that Ripple will be widely used.
Activity: 756
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
May 26, 2013, 04:07:37 PM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
May 25, 2013, 11:51:07 AM
U rang?

Here is a bunch, I stopped updating it though but most of it should still be somewhat relevant.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bear-post-of-the-day-144170
Activity: 574
May 25, 2013, 11:18:12 AM
I'll ask on the wall tracker.  Grin

[Edit: Done - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2267269]
Pages:
Jump to: