Pages:
Author

Topic: Gambling addiction. - page 11. (Read 19386 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
December 19, 2017, 11:03:53 AM
Gambling addiction is somehow a way of life by others. Its part of their daily routine. They tend to make it as their livelihood or leisure. I am not against it. Its their right. However, if it will compromise other's lives then that's the problem. They must be responsible of doing so and they must know the consequences and possibilities either positive or negative that may affect or effect.

So it really depends on your background and your upbringing I guess. Because most people who have been addicted has one time or another has crossed with a gambling addict as well, which is usually in his inner circles of families and friends.

But I know that we all have choices, we can either stay away from it, or be addicted. That's why for others growing it, they find it as a way of life because they can hear and see all around him at a young age gambling.

I myself was in that situation, my father is addicted to gambling and as far as I can remember. And when I grow up, we both became addicted and betting together. But that was long time ago, he already passed away like 10 years ago, I was able to control and mend my ways now.
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
December 19, 2017, 05:36:42 AM
Gambling addiction is somehow a way of life by others. Its part of their daily routine. They tend to make it as their livelihood or leisure. I am not against it. Its their right. However, if it will compromise other's lives then that's the problem. They must be responsible of doing so and they must know the consequences and possibilities either positive or negative that may affect or effect.
True we can't do anything about them being a gambler for as long they won't do anything that could ruin their lives and their love ones. Their a lot of families that broke because the farther or the mother got addicted to gambling they spend all their time and money to gambling and that is not really a good example to their child. I hope this will stop and gamblers should learn lessons from all the horror stories that happened to some gamblers.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
Reward: 10M Sheen (Approx. 5000 BNB) Bounty
December 19, 2017, 05:00:05 AM
I think maybe one of the reasons is because some people belive they can make quick money gambling. Once people start to win money they start to take more risks, this can lead to a continuous cycle in which a gambler keeps losing money. Other people find it fun to gamble so this is the reason they get addicted.
Iyaa can be like that, but I think why people become addicted in gambling because the gambling is a game and that becomes interesting if the play will benefit if it wins and will lose if lost, but all that is not big or small amount at stake but I am more rate it all just fun or fill the spare time but income and usually if the beginning will be in a victory that will make the player happy and always want to try. so I think gambling addiction is not always expecting victory but fun if playing gambling will feel happy and win or lose it is just a bonus of the pleasure.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 19, 2017, 04:28:43 AM
Why is someone get addicted to gambling once he gamble ?
It is part of their daily routine so that they are looking for it everyday i know that they love to gamble but being so addicted to it is never right because they put it first, they must know the negative affect of it.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
December 19, 2017, 04:11:06 AM
No, I know although they love to gamble but being addicted is never a right because no one wants to be in that position in life as we all know that gambling addiction could destroy our finances. Yes, gambling is fun but we should know the risk and we have to be discipline all the time so we will be able to keep safe while enjoy the games we want to play.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
December 19, 2017, 12:46:39 AM
Merit: 253
December 18, 2017, 06:34:14 PM
People get addicted to gambling even if they loose , because the feeling that rushes through the bodies of gamblers whenever they are awaiting for the outcome of their bets is very alike to the one when they have actually won the bet . So loosing or winning isn't really a matter to some because they'll get their dose anyway , winning is just more supply for other doses ! .
Its even those who lose who are even more addicted to gambling, because they are always wanting to win back the money that they have lost during gambling and from this process, they eventually become addicted to gambling in the process.

That is true the frequency with which you loose in gambling can trigger your thoughts and emotions to want to win back what have been lost and it is these crazy feelings that drive many into believing they can win them back and gets plunged into addiction unfortunately.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
December 18, 2017, 06:28:20 PM
People get addicted to gambling even if they loose , because the feeling that rushes through the bodies of gamblers whenever they are awaiting for the outcome of their bets is very alike to the one when they have actually won the bet . So loosing or winning isn't really a matter to some because they'll get their dose anyway , winning is just more supply for other doses ! .
Its even those who lose who are even more addicted to gambling, because they are always wanting to win back the money that they have lost during gambling and from this process, they eventually become addicted to gambling in the process.
Activity: 126
Merit: 25
December 18, 2017, 04:29:26 PM
Activity: 686
December 18, 2017, 04:20:55 PM
There are many ways a decisive gambler that really wants to change and get away his/her addiction. If that gambler know very well that he/she can't control the addiction, that gambler can always seek professional help. The key is he/she must have that decisive and fixed will to change.

And how many will do that? I know a few of my friends who got ruined financially from gambling. Actually their family members tried to get them professional help in the form of counselling. But it was of no use, as these people refused to attend the counselling sessions.

I don't think there will be plenty that will do that, some are shy to expose that they are experiencing a gambling related problem and they don't want others to know that they are totally addicted to gambling. But there are some gamblers that successfully gave and seek help from the professionals but on these type of matter the most help that you can get is through your family.

Exactly, even the pride alone to seek help from others will likely put them off or hinder them from telling anyone about their addiction. It's a terrible state of mind for one to be in and i wish there was a better way apart from seeking help and counselling from professionals because it doesn't look effective to me also.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
December 18, 2017, 04:13:27 PM
There are many ways a decisive gambler that really wants to change and get away his/her addiction. If that gambler know very well that he/she can't control the addiction, that gambler can always seek professional help. The key is he/she must have that decisive and fixed will to change.

And how many will do that? I know a few of my friends who got ruined financially from gambling. Actually their family members tried to get them professional help in the form of counselling. But it was of no use, as these people refused to attend the counselling sessions.

I don't think there will be plenty that will do that, some are shy to expose that they are experiencing a gambling related problem and they don't want others to know that they are totally addicted to gambling. But there are some gamblers that successfully gave and seek help from the professionals but on these type of matter the most help that you can get is through your family.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
December 18, 2017, 02:05:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
December 18, 2017, 01:48:35 PM
Gambling addiction is one type of syological issue it in like cancer in our body it is very difficult  to remove and cure also. Nothing is impossible also. Once you find this habit you have to control your self to come out it slowly only. But it is curable habit only.
Yeah! It’s a psychological issue and families of gamblers do take their gambler relative to psychiatrists’ for proper treatment because they are unable to fight against such disease alone. But as you said that nothing is impossible, yes nothing is impossible and gamblers can reduce this thing by changing their company they are keeping and also by sharing their problems with their loving ones rather than to find a dull solution.

Yeaaa frequently happened to people around me that they said has the will to change already.
But everytime it is failed , in the middle they are turn back around to do anything to gamble again.
Maybe that is what people call as a real addiction, something that hard to fight.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
December 18, 2017, 09:43:50 AM
It's just because people are blind when they saw the profits and the fun in gambling and forget how dangerous gambling can be with them.

I agree, we can't blame them since we all do love money, and winning a jackpot in gambling is really provoking, especially if we are to desperate on winning such amount, that is why it doesn't matter how much money we are going to spend just to know if we have the luck to win in gambling. Sometimes, the amount of money that you have used in gambling is much bigger on the amount that you could have win on one time.
Merit: 294
December 17, 2017, 09:21:31 PM
Gambling addiction is one type of syological issue it in like cancer in our body it is very difficult  to remove and cure also. Nothing is impossible also. Once you find this habit you have to control your self to come out it slowly only. But it is curable habit only.
Yeah! It’s a psychological issue and families of gamblers do take their gambler relative to psychiatrists’ for proper treatment because they are unable to fight against such disease alone. But as you said that nothing is impossible, yes nothing is impossible and gamblers can reduce this thing by changing their company they are keeping and also by sharing their problems with their loving ones rather than to find a dull solution.

Activity: 504
Merit: 106
December 13, 2017, 03:48:26 AM
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
December 12, 2017, 06:22:35 AM
Because the happiness of having profit and huge amounts of money without sweating it , investing time or money is something that most people want especially if they are greedy ones , and it's basically free money and everyone in the world wants free money . Once they taste what's free money like they'll always want more and that's where they fall into addiction's trap .

You're right, that is what we wanted, to earn money without doing any efforts at all, but we should know that even though gambling is like that, it is the most dangerous way or making your money double, it is addicting if you are always winning, and sometimes if you lose too much, the addiction would be so much worst, so stay away from gambling as much as possible.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
December 11, 2017, 10:54:49 PM
Let's be honest to our self, most of us doing gambling for more money. We do gambling because we think it is the fast way to get rich (if you're​ lucky enough). Gambling is turn to be an addictive because of our own greed, when we get some profit we want more and more, or it caused by over confident when we lose we're always think we can win it back.
Gambling is an addiction that can control by our will, it's going wrong when we can't control this addiction and harm others.
Yes we thought we can be rich if we gamble, because of this mindset many of us turn to be addicted.

When a gambler experience how to win, they always think they can win again for the second time and thats how it started until you wont notice you lose so much money. Chasing your losses is not an answer if you want your money back its not an effective way.

Exactly, many gamblers of today are inexperienced and all they think about is how to win and not how to control their emotions to ensure the win and they become addicted because they were bent on chasing their losses and this led them into unending cycle of losses and they couldn't stop.
That's the truth you are telling. There's no more other reason but that because people tend to want to recover their losses and maybe, they just want to get it back and not profit, if they settle with that, that's okay but in the long run, it becomes more devastating because you could lose more than what you hoped for.
Merit: 294
December 11, 2017, 07:30:44 PM
Let's be honest to our self, most of us doing gambling for more money. We do gambling because we think it is the fast way to get rich (if you're​ lucky enough). Gambling is turn to be an addictive because of our own greed, when we get some profit we want more and more, or it caused by over confident when we lose we're always think we can win it back.
Gambling is an addiction that can control by our will, it's going wrong when we can't control this addiction and harm others.
Yes we thought we can be rich if we gamble, because of this mindset many of us turn to be addicted.

When a gambler experience how to win, they always think they can win again for the second time and thats how it started until you wont notice you lose so much money. Chasing your losses is not an answer if you want your money back its not an effective way.

Exactly, many gamblers of today are inexperienced and all they think about is how to win and not how to control their emotions to ensure the win and they become addicted because they were bent on chasing their losses and this led them into unending cycle of losses and they couldn't stop.

That is really the hard part when you are playing to games that are based on pure luck, no matter what you do, you will eventually going to lose when you are not really that careful. But to games that have some requirement of skills to win, then it is good.
Activity: 686
December 11, 2017, 02:27:10 PM

Pages:
Jump to: