Pages:
Author

Topic: Garr255/Werner - Auction shilling - page 10. (Read 23084 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
June 21, 2013, 01:50:34 PM
But to your point, yes if I was going around saying I was a victim I would be happy to get my money back. If I was not a victim and bitching I would not want my money back.

So forced refunds are okay? Be sure to tell Josh and Garr that!
Hahaha_oh_wow.jpg Cheesy
Activity: 826
June 21, 2013, 01:47:56 PM
But to your point, yes if I was going around saying I was a victim I would be happy to get my money back. If I was not a victim and bitching I would not want my money back.

So forced refunds are okay? Be sure to tell Josh and Garr that!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
June 21, 2013, 01:47:38 PM

Are you being serious right now? You're suggesting victimizing the victim again.

Seems like the only logical thing to do. He thinks he was a victim so fine, void the sale. If he on the other hand was not a victim and is happy, well don't void it. But really can he be happy with the deal and be a victim? No, not at all.

Are you serious? Its basic logic.

A single right now is valued by the market at far more than Starsoccer9 paid for it when he won it.

You're suggesting he be given that value back now because either Cognitive would benefit from a straight refund directly and you would benefit indirectly.

I'm in disbelief that after all of this even more shady suggestions are being made.  The suggestion to fully refund Starsoccer9 and make it look like Garr255/Cognitive/You are the "good guy" is disgusting.

Still, it is the most fair and logical thing to do eh?  Wink    We need to make the victim whole!   He is a victim and he got scammed, gota fix it!

No.  In no way is it fair.  

Starsoccer9 was victimized out of ~BTC3 due to Werner bumping up the auction falsely after Starsoccer9 already had a winning bid.

Now you are suggesting victimizing him again, to get more money for you/Cognitive/Garr255/Werner/svbeon

Starsoccer9 was already aware of it, was further made aware of it, and now the rest of us are aware of your obvious agenda.

edit: misspelled Werner's name.  Sorry fake guy!

I wouldn't bother arguing the point - you're playing his game when you do so.  He's trying to take the discussion off-topic to give a reason why the thread can be locked.

He doesn't actually believe that if someone breaks one part of a contract (in this case price discovery) then rectifying that entitles them to nullify the remainder of the contract.  He's just trying to help a friend out by derailing the thread with nonsensical arguments.  Just ignore him - everyone knows he's wrong and most know that HE knows he's wrong.  If his pretend argument were true then anyone could intentionally break a contract (or reveal that they'd previously broken it) in order to cancel the whole deal.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
http://coin.furuknap.net/
June 21, 2013, 01:42:59 PM
Rampion: I'm saddened that you don't think I'm worthy of participating in the community because of one blatantly stupid mistake. I've never done anything else wrong and do not plan to ever again.

The issue is that this statement must be taken in the context of your now revealed action. You have provably and admittedly lied and deceived and only once you got caught did you come forward. I believe what some in the community will see is that you've pleaded guilty only to the cases where you've already been caught and has massive evidence against you.

That said, I commend you for coming forward and I do believe you had the best intentions of Cognitive in mind. The result is bad, for Cognitive, for you, and for the community at large. Heck, you've shown that there may be some truth in BFLs statements and once that happens, who knows what else can blow up?

You're a young person and you'll have a lot to learn and a lot of bruises to endure. If, in fact, you grow from this, you'll be a stronger person, but realize that it will take years for you to rebuild your reputation and that is a great price to pay for being stupid. Assume that another 30% of your life so far will pass before you can start to laugh at this and see that people also do forget with time.

On a final note; I hear what you're saying about this being your only transgression. However, because this is in fact several transgressions, some may think that there may very well be other events where you've acted in what you thought would be the best interest of Cognitive but ultimately acted dishonestly. If there are such events that you wish to disclose, I believe now would be the best time to do so.

.b
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
June 21, 2013, 01:41:59 PM
Still, it is the most fair and logical thing to do eh?  Wink    We need to make the victim whole!   He is a victim and he got "scammed", gota fix it!

I'm sure you know that money back != made whole, you used the expression first, i ain't playing backyard lawer.
Activity: 154
Fica Tranquilo
June 21, 2013, 01:24:37 PM
Please do not post with a sock puppet for the next 15 minutes, I ran out of pop corn, be right back!
Activity: 728
June 21, 2013, 01:38:17 PM

Are you being serious right now? You're suggesting victimizing the victim again.

Seems like the only logical thing to do. He thinks he was a victim so fine, void the sale. If he on the other hand was not a victim and is happy, well don't void it. But really can he be happy with the deal and be a victim? No, not at all.

A single right now is valued by the market at far more than Starsoccer9 paid for it when he won it.

You're suggesting he be given that value back now because either Cognitive would benefit from a straight refund directly and you would benefit indirectly.

I'm in disbelief that after all of this even more shady suggestions are being made.  The suggestion to fully refund Starsoccer9 and make it look like Garr255/Cognitive/You are the "good guy" is disgusting.

Still, it is the most fair and logical thing to do eh?  Wink    We need to make the victim whole!   He is a victim and he got scammed, gota fix it!

No.  In no way is it fair.  

Starsoccer9 was victimized out of ~BTC3 due to Werner bumping up the auction falsely after Starsoccer9 already had a winning bid.

Now you are suggesting victimizing him again, to get more money for you/Cognitive/Garr255/Werner/svbeon

Starsoccer9 was already aware of it, was further made aware of it, and now the rest of us are aware of your obvious agenda.

edit: misspelled Werner's name.  Sorry fake guy!
June 21, 2013, 01:37:48 PM
/forgetting 'bout how gox goes/
So you would not feel scammed if you have purchased bitcoin at $50, the price went up to $100, and instead of getting your coin, you got fifty bucks?

If I was going around the forum saying oh knowz Mt Gox "scammed" me and I am a victim then yes, it would be fair for them to give me the money back.

If I was not bitching like a baby then I would feel cheated if it was voided.

In that case, you're wellcome to invest in BTC with me.  I don't charge fees.  Bitcoin goes up?  You get your fiat back.  Down?  You get your coinz Cheesy
June 21, 2013, 01:33:02 PM

I'm in disbelief that after all of this even more shady suggestions are being made.  The suggestion to fully refund Starsoccer9 and make it look like Garr255/Cognitive/You are the "good guy" is disgusting.
June 21, 2013, 01:31:13 PM

Then you'd be fine if MtGox refunded your fiat after you bought BTC & the price doubled, right? Cheesy

With Mt. Gox I would be happy if I got anything back evar!  

/forgetting 'bout how gox goes/
So you would not feel scammed if you have purchased bitcoin at $50, the price went up to $100, and instead of getting your coin, you got fifty bucks?
Activity: 568
June 21, 2013, 01:27:23 PM

Game's been over already for some time man, you can get your arm out of Garr's ass now..
vip
Activity: 812
June 21, 2013, 01:26:10 PM
Rampion: I'm saddened that you don't think I'm worthy of participating in the community because of one blatantly stupid mistake. I've never done anything else wrong and do not plan to ever again.

Well, as long as you've learned something from this, that's all that really matters, right? If you apply it in your life and your relationships with others you'll come out a better person.

Your running 7/0 on COGNITIVE, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
June 21, 2013, 01:24:29 PM
WTF, Garr! This thread has doubled in size since I posted. I was only kidding about starting a bonfire. Now I'm forced to read to catch up to see if any fuel is needed, of which none will be barn wood. Maybe all the posters are thanking you for coming forward with your apology, but I somehow doubt. Hope this episode doesn't interrupt your spring vacation.

Peace.

Now to a reading.

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure the bonfire got started with post 170 at 04:27:19 AM. Back to a reading to see how this now epic thread ends.
June 21, 2013, 01:23:44 PM
Satisfaction guaranteed or 100% money back is not a good policy? Oh come on now!! That is like the best policy evar!

It's a great policy, as long as you're not *investing*, which is what most of the people here are doing.  If you think that it's fine for a horse track to refund winning bets, then 100% money-back-guarantee is great. Wink  
edit: typo

Before the race yeah, they should give it back! This guy did not get his unit. Same thing, race is not over Smiley

Then you'd be fine if MtGox refunded your fiat after you bought BTC & the price doubled, right? Cheesy
June 21, 2013, 01:21:41 PM
But the guy is a victim, he said he was abused! We need to make it right. Give him 100% of his money back ASAP!

June 21, 2013, 01:20:08 PM
Satisfaction guaranteed or 100% money back is not a good policy? Oh come on now!! That is like the best policy evar!

It's a great policy, as long as you're not *investing*, which is what most of the people here are doing.  If you think that it's fine for a horse track to refund winning bets, then 100% money-back-guarantee is great. Wink  
edit: typo
legendary
Activity: 1630
June 21, 2013, 01:19:38 PM

lmfao

After you get fully refunded will you try to buy your unit back?

I was not aware i was being fully refunded. i was aware I was getting 5btc as a sorry for bidding on my own auction

I sure hope you get a full refund, even if 5 extra is sent your way. After all you did get "scammed" Need to void that auction.  I will pay for it myself if I get the unit.  Wink   BRB going to send a PM.

Well I can tell quite clearly that you want my unit. I do not want a full refund as I do actully want the unit. If he wants to give me a full refund plus 5 I will be a bit pissed about it. If you are interested in the unit feel free to contact me as I would sell it obviously higher then i bought it for.

This.  This this this.  The auction for the one that started this thread was up to a pretty high amount.  Garr255 said he would give you:

Although some may view this as a petty offence (as I did previously), I do not any longer. As an attempt to at least partially make up for my wrongdoing, I am offering each of the participants in the auction, starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, BTC5 of my own personal funds, which more than makes up for the financial loss due false bids in the auction. I realize that what I have done is unacceptable, and I do deeply regret it.

BTC5 of his own personal funds.  Any attempt to give you a "full refund" now would be another attempt to screw you over.

Garr did not say this, but it seems like a good policy  Wink   They guy clearly got "scammed" he should get his money back in full. Void the deal Smiley

No.

It's not a good policy at all.  It's a policy that would screw over Starsoccer and the other winning bidder again and put more money in Garr255's pocket, or the pockets of Cognitive shareholders - Goat, aren't you a Cognitive shareholder?

This is the end result of Allten's auction for the machine, which seemed like it was going over 20k before it was pulled down.  That's the equivalent of BTC181 right now.

Just noticed that the auction is no longer on ebay. I wonder if the OP got his 25k or decided to mine with it.

Yeah, I just noticed that too but the item isn't available to view like with closed auctions. It's completely removed without a trace. That usually happens when someone complains to eBay about the listing or eBay decides to remove it on their own. I saw that a few times with big actual fireworks listed on eBay.

Ebay canceled the listing not me. They want me to "verify" my account with ID because the price is much higher than anything I've ever sold to protect the buyers which is something they are good at. They also want me to prove I own the device by having the manufacture send them a receipt. They also asked why shipping would be delayed if 25K wasn't met. They couldn't understand that. This is a good thing. It gives me a chance to make a listing that doesn't rub anyone the wrong way and using Bitmit which is what I should have used in the first place.

Now, do I trust that much money sitting in escrow on Bitmit?

Mentioned in one of the answers to the questions posed on ebay, I plan to use these funds to fuel development of a 3rd party BFL chip miner.

Thanks,
      Allten

But it is clearly a policy designed to pocket Cognitive the difference in value now that Singles are shipping.

Starsoccer9 won the auction for ~BTC63, Is (supposedly) getting BTC5 from Garr255/Werner/(maybe svbeon) netting him a single for BTC58 fairly, which was recently up for auction at close to BTC184.

Agreed, at this point I would be far from happy with simply a refund and 5 coins. The 5coins i am more then happy to take but i did pay for a 64ghash unit(tho is will probably be 60) and I plan to follow through and get it
June 21, 2013, 01:17:22 PM

lmfao

I was not aware i was being fully refunded. i was aware I was getting 5btc as a sorry for bidding on my own auction

I sure hope you get a full refund, even if 5 extra is sent your way. After all you did get "scammed" Need to void that auction.  I will pay for it myself if I get the unit.  Wink   BRB going to send a PM.

Well I can tell quite clearly that you want my unit. I do not want a full refund as I do actully want the unit. If he wants to give me a full refund plus 5 I will be a bit pissed about it. If you are interested in the unit feel free to contact me as I would sell it obviously higher then i bought it for.

This.  This this this.  The auction for the one that started this thread was up to a pretty high amount.  Garr255 said he would give you:

Although some may view this as a petty offence (as I did previously), I do not any longer. As an attempt to at least partially make up for my wrongdoing, I am offering each of the participants in the auction, starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, BTC5 of my own personal funds, which more than makes up for the financial loss due false bids in the auction. I realize that what I have done is unacceptable, and I do deeply regret it.

BTC5 of his own personal funds.  Any attempt to give you a "full refund" now would be another attempt to screw you over.

Garr did not say this, but it seems like a good policy  Wink   They guy clearly got "scammed" he should get his money back in full. Void the deal Smiley

No.

It's not a good policy at all.  It's a policy that would screw over Starsoccer and the other winning bidder again and put more money in Garr255's pocket, or the pockets of Cognitive shareholders - Goat, aren't you a Cognitive shareholder?

This is the end result of Allten's auction for the machine, which seemed like it was going over 20k before it was pulled down.  That's the equivalent of BTC181 right now.

Just noticed that the auction is no longer on ebay. I wonder if the OP got his 25k or decided to mine with it.

Yeah, I just noticed that too but the item isn't available to view like with closed auctions. It's completely removed without a trace. That usually happens when someone complains to eBay about the listing or eBay decides to remove it on their own. I saw that a few times with big actual fireworks listed on eBay.

Ebay canceled the listing not me. They want me to "verify" my account with ID because the price is much higher than anything I've ever sold to protect the buyers which is something they are good at. They also want me to prove I own the device by having the manufacture send them a receipt. They also asked why shipping would be delayed if 25K wasn't met. They couldn't understand that. This is a good thing. It gives me a chance to make a listing that doesn't rub anyone the wrong way and using Bitmit which is what I should have used in the first place.

Mentioned in one of the answers to the questions posed on ebay, I plan to use these funds to fuel development of a 3rd party BFL chip miner.

Thanks,
      Allten

But it is clearly a policy designed to pocket Cognitive the difference in value now that Singles are shipping.

Starsoccer9 won the auction for ~BTC63, Is (supposedly) getting BTC5 from Garr255/Werner/(maybe svbeon) netting him a single for BTC58 fairly, which was recently up for auction at close to BTC184.

June 21, 2013, 01:11:54 PM

You're loving this just a touch too much, goat. BFL Josh found a good apprentice in you Grin
June 21, 2013, 01:09:56 PM

lmfao

No.

Thanks,
      Allten
Pages:
Jump to: