Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 2. (Read 214354 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
It seems like I should be able to come up with a ridiculously fast implementation of Ethash.
After all, the illusion of Ethash'es memory-hardness hinges upon the false assumption that
algorithmically-generated DAG's are comparable to a series of true random numbers
in terms of randomness, which is just not true. I will publish everything
after I make enough money to buy a house in Berkeley...

I read it and laugh, again and again, thanks Grin
This is the best message from you, ever!
I must save it here as a quote...
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
It seems like I should be able to come up with a ridiculously fast implementation of Ethash.
After all, the illusion of Ethash'es memory-hardness hinges upon the false assumption that
algorithmically-generated DAG's are comparable to a series of true random numbers
in terms of randomness, which is just not true. I will publish everything
after I make enough money to buy a house in Berkeley...
Activity: 235
Merit: 10
I only work if there is an advanced payment. Too bad!

Actually, I am quite busy right now anyway.
I *think* I found a crack in one of the major algorithms.
If rumors are correct, somebody must have been taking advantage of it for quite some time now.

Oh will you stop teasing us all the time  Tongue

OK, OK. I will disclose as much as I can. I am not going to reveal everything as I still need to pay my bills, though.

There is a critical flaw in Ethash'es memory-hardness as you can generate DAG on the fly with enough computing power.
This is probably impractical with GPU's, but it seems that it is quite possible with FPGA's and ASIC's.
I found an efficient way to represent an Ethash DAG with a memory footprint in the order of several MB's,
which is three orders of magnitude less than the original DAG. I might be able to implement this method
with Vega if I can squeeze everything onto Vega's 4MB L2 cache.

Wow, very interesting.  You're knocking them out of the park bro!  I've always loved your miner for all of the algorithms that it's been able to mine and now that you're adding more algorithms, it's even better. Thank you for all of your hard work.  Cheers!

mimagneto
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

If rumors are correct, somebody must have been taking advantage of it for quite some time now.

OK, OK. I will disclose as much as I can. I am not going to reveal everything as I still need to pay my bills, though.

There is a critical flaw in Ethash'es memory-hardness as you can generate DAG on the fly with enough computing power.
This is probably impractical with GPU's, but it seems that it is quite possible with FPGA's and ASIC's.
I found an efficient way to represent an Ethash DAG with a memory footprint in the order of several MB's,
which is three orders of magnitude less than the original DAG. I might be able to implement this method

This sounds pretty interesting, as long as ASIC manufacturers arent reading this Cheesy i hope this sees the light of day soon.
Miner Developer

legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

Oh will you stop teasing us all the time  Tongue

THE OBVERSE SIDE--

Of the sugar cookie is not so sweet.       --scryptr
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Oh will you stop teasing us all the time  Tongue
Miner Developer

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
Zawawa there is a bounty for the fastest AMD miner maybe you will be interested.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-suqa-new-x22i-algo-swifftx-no-ico-no-pre-mine-5-apr-interest-5038269

He will get eternal bounty if stable and fast ProgPOW algo is added to GGS.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 653
Merit: 11
Zawawa there is a bounty for the fastest AMD miner maybe you will be interested.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-suqa-new-x22i-algo-swifftx-no-ico-no-pre-mine-5-apr-interest-5038269
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
So, what's the outlook, Zawawa? When can we expect the next mind-boggling release of GGS? Grin

I actually started porting the new miner to Linux in my (very limited) spare time.
I would rather release a complete miner instead of keeping fixing work in progress this time around.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION OF THE LINUX MINERS! --

I will wait patiently for a release.  You deserve donations... especially from mining OS developers.       --scryptr
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
So, what's the outlook, Zawawa? When can we expect the next mind-boggling release of GGS? Grin

I actually started porting the new miner to Linux in my (very limited) spare time.
I would rather release a complete miner instead of keeping fixing work in progress this time around.
Understandable.

Which begs the question...

When can we expect the next mind-boggling complete GGS miner? Grin
Miner Developer

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Miner Developer
I tested your Ethash kernel on ethminer, it is a little faster them claymore kernel for about 0,5mhs - 0,8 mhs,

But with the timings for claymores kernel, the miner crashs at 1 min mining.

Congrats by the way  Wink

Thank you. Actually, I updated the kernel and it is running even faster, especially on Vega.
I cannot do anything about BIOS mods for Craymore's, though.  Tongue
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
I tested your Ethash kernel on ethminer, it is a little faster them claymore kernel for about 0,5mhs - 0,8 mhs,

But with the timings for claymores kernel, the miner crashs at 1 min mining.

Congrats by the way  Wink
Miner Developer
I need to see the "message about OpenCL." You might have to install Windows 10 April Update for the AMD driver.

Failed to initialize OpenCL drivers. Please install apropriate device driver(s) for your graphics cards.

And then my web browser opens https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.5.1-Release-Notes.aspx

You need to update Windows for the AMD driver.
Activity: 14
I need to see the "message about OpenCL." You might have to install Windows 10 April Update for the AMD driver.

Failed to initialize OpenCL drivers. Please install apropriate device driver(s) for your graphics cards.

And then my web browser opens https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.5.1-Release-Notes.aspx
Miner Developer
I have installed AMD drivers which GGS requires, but I always get the same message about OpenCL and being redirected to AMD Adrenalin drivers webstie (which I have installed). Why?

PS I have no Windows 10 April Update installed.

Activity: 14
I have installed AMD drivers which GGS requires, but I always get the same message about OpenCL and being redirected to AMD Adrenalin drivers webstie (which I have installed). Why?

PS I have no Windows 10 April Update installed.
Pages:
Jump to: