Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 3. (Read 214407 times)

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
The command-line version is already there, but Linux is not my priority now.
Unless somebody pays for it, that is.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER--

I guess I will need to wait.  Another day older......       --scryptr
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
The command-line version is already there, but Linux is not my priority now.
Unless somebody pays for it, that is.
legendary
YES, EXCELLENT RESULTS! --

But I would want a command line executed console application that runs on Lubuntu/Ubuntu 14.04 or better.  The GUI is nice, but I just want something to be monitored and operated remotely via SSH

Less is more.  If it can be installed in a mining OS with little fuss, system developers will fold it into their work.  OR, dedicated miners will do it for them.  Excavator installs with just a few commands, for example.  Something like that...

--scryptr

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Try to bump instead of decrease Smiley

That doesn't seem to do too much to my Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64, though.
What a bummer... Oh well, let me try this with another Vega card...

MY VEGAS HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN--

I have the same Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 cards.  I have adjusted the clocks, mining ETH and XMR, and it does little to change the hash rate.  They mine ETH at 36MH/s each, whether I clock them or let them run at default.  I use Linux, and got no better than 1300H/s with XMR.  Usually it was lower.  I am hoping that you will find the answers.

CircusDad and his Windows-based tricks can get 2000H/s on XMR.  He jumps through hoops to do it, too.  I just want to boot and mine.  Good luck...       --scryptr

You mean something like this?

Miner Developer
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

I have the same Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 cards.  I have adjusted the clocks, mining ETH and XMR, and it does little to change the hash rate.  They mine ETH at 36MH/s each, whether I clock them or let them run at default.  I use Linux, and got no better than 1300H/s with XMR.  Usually it was lower.  I am hoping that you will find the answers.

CircusDad and his Windows-based tricks can get 2000H/s on XMR.  He jumps through hoops to do it, too.  I just want to boot and mine.  Good luck...       --scryptr

You mean something like this?

legendary

Miner Developer

Activity: 652
Merit: 266
Miner Developer
As for Ethash and Vega, I don't think we would ever be able to maximize the use of HBM2's bandwidth (4096 bits)
as memory access to anything greater than sizeof(compute_hash_share), which is 512 bits, would be subject
to tCAS and tRAS. Just my two cents.
In theory you are absolutely correct, but there is still some improvements you can do to loosen HBM2 and achieve higher memclk.
But for now focus on ggsharp going on linux, there is no good cryptonote miner for linux...
P.S: I don't know if you haven't noticed yet -> https://github.com/OhGodACompany/OhGodADecode/pull/6

I guess I have to resort to that method as tightening memory timings do not seem to have any effects.

By the way, this looks very nice... Thanks!

https://github.com/OhGodACompany/OhGodADecode/pull/6/commits/caf53f5f486f49979c9836a34f28dd1b86da2b8a
As for Ethash and Vega, I don't think we would ever be able to maximize the use of HBM2's bandwidth (4096 bits)
as memory access to anything greater than sizeof(compute_hash_share), which is 512 bits, would be subject
In theory you are absolutely correct, but there is still some improvements you can do to loosen HBM2 and achieve higher memclk.
But for now focus on ggsharp going on linux, there is no good cryptonote miner for linux...
P.S: I don't know if you haven't noticed yet -> https://github.com/OhGodACompany/OhGodADecode/pull/6
Miner Developer
As for Ethash and Vega, I don't think we would ever be able to maximize the usage of HBM2's bandwidth (4096 bits)
I did locate Vega's registers for memory timings, but it is taking forever to find the right combination of values for these registers as they are not documented anywhere, not even in the Linux kernel GitHub repository. *sigh*
You can just ask me, I don't bite Cheesy
Miner Developer
I did locate Vega's registers for memory timings, but it is taking forever to find the right combination of values for these registers as they are not documented anywhere, not even in the Linux kernel GitHub repository. *sigh*
Miner Developer
I *think* I found a jackpot...

On the fly memory timings for Vega ? Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Well, I need to take another deep dive...
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

On the fly memory timings for Vega ? Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I was able to upload a PowerPlay table to Vega 56/64 on the fly.
No more messy registry hacks. This is getting interesting...

The new miner also has a (somewhat clumsy) way to disable some of
the compute units for reduced power consumption.
I need to run more experiments with that, though.

By the way, my new Ethash kernel made it into ethminer.
(I had no idea for weeks. Smiley
It seems that my kernel is possibly the fastest Ethash kernel out there.
I tweaked it a bit, but I don't think it would get any faster than as it is now.

Is your miner faster for R9 390 as well?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
The suspense is killing us!

Come on, spit it out! Cheesy
Miner Developer
Miner Developer
Which ethminer have your kernel?

I believe ethminer 0.16 does.
Miner Developer
I noticed all sorts of goodies are exposed through the I2C bus.
I got to be careful not to be carried away too much, though...
Did you notice that you forgot about linux users and mining distros? Imagine your miner running on ethOS, hiveOS, simplemining and etc...

CRACK THE VEGA/LINUX NUT--

If you solve the problems with VEGA card performance on Linux systems, it should be worth a small fortune, private or public.  It would be nice to have a portable installation similar to that of NiceHash Excavator on Linux, or to co-ordinate with the Devs for inclusion on the various mining distros mentioned above.  Each distro has thousands of miners, a small fee of any kind (from Devs or a constant percentage) should be beneificial to all.

I have 2 RX VEGA 64 cards and have refrained from buying more because I mine on Linux.  In the USA, a 4-card rig will stay within the electrical limits of 110V houshold current.  With 220V current, 8-card rigs will easily fit   The VEGA cards are power-houses of hash rate, but for some reason they currently perform poorly on Linux drivers.

Find the fix, it may be woth your while.       --scryptr

I originally ported excavator to Linux while I was with NiceHash,
and it made sence for us because we were running our own pools.
I will port the new miner to Linux, but, if you want me to be as serious
about Linux as about Windows, somebody has to fund the project first,
and it ain't gonna be cheap.
Miner Developer
I noticed all sorts of goodies are exposed through the I2C bus.
I got to be careful not to be carried away too much, though...
Did you notice that you forgot about linux users and mining distros? Imagine your miner running on ethOS, hiveOS, simplemining and etc...

That's what happens when the majority of users don't pay the DEVFEE. It is as simple as that.
Pages:
Jump to: