Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 40. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
And don't forget to remove 10-12% CPU usage when GGS OC option activated.

That extra usage is for hardware acceleration.
Can't understand. Simle overclock settings (clocks and voltages) needs nearly 1 core of 8 core CPU? Phymem and Hardware acceleration options disabled...
F.e. Claymore miner sets clocks, voltages, PL and fans with using CPU only at start of miner. During mining thats no need to use CPU power for that...

You are comparing Apples and Oranges ... both miners use a diff approach to reach the goal. Just a hint ... Clay has no GUI at all, GGS has a GUI and a lot of stuff is going on without notice for you ...

Just my 5 cents on that ...  Wink
I don't compare Apples and Oranges. as you say. GGS with disabled OC settings use the same amount of CPU power as other miners - 0-2%. But after enabling OC settings (not memory timings, not even fan control, only clocks and voltages) GGS start to use 10-12% of CPU power on 8 core CPU. On 4 core CPU it will be allready 20-25%. On 2 core CPUs - up to 50%. Don't you think that it's too much only for setting clocks and voltages?

Alright, alright. I already fixed this issue. I will upload the next version shortly.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

Can't understand. Simle overclock settings (clocks and voltages) needs nearly 1 core of 8 core CPU? Phymem and Hardware acceleration options disabled...
F.e. Claymore miner sets clocks, voltages, PL and fans with using CPU only at start of miner. During mining thats no need to use CPU power for that...

You are comparing Apples and Oranges ... both miners use a diff approach to reach the goal. Just a hint ... Clay has no GUI at all, GGS has a GUI and a lot of stuff is going on without notice for you ...

I don't compare Apples and Oranges. as you say. GGS with disabled OC settings use the same amount of CPU power as other miners - 0-2%. But after enabling OC settings (not memory timings, not even fan control, only clocks and voltages) GGS start to use 10-12% of CPU power on 8 core CPU. On 4 core CPU it will be allready 20-25%. On 2 core CPUs - up to 50%. Don't you think that it's too much only for setting clocks and voltages?
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
Its ethereum bios mod with CN timings.
Activity: 443
Merit: 13
That something I know as I'm paying .26 €/kwh : I am running a rig of 8 rx 580 mining monero. Speed is 907 h/s per card. Power at the wall is around 700w, including motherboard cpu etc. Card Bios mod
The graph that show the speed is like an ECG of a death guy: stable since 4 days
Xmr stak 64 with double thread, 1124 intensity, workspace 8  in the same undervolt condition is giving me 870 h/s per card

Do you have a specific BIOS mod for cryptonight? Could you please enlighten a bit how to make one for myself, or where I can find a stable mod? I have been searching here for a cryptonight/heavy BIOS mods, but unfortunately I was not able to find anything..
That something I know as I'm paying .26 €/kwh : I am running a rig of 8 rx 580 mining monero. Speed is 907 h/s per card. Power at the wall is around 700w, including motherboard cpu etc. Card Bios mod
The graph that show the speed is like an ECG of a death guy: stable since 4 days
Xmr stak 64 with double thread, 1124 intensity, workspace 8  in the same undervolt condition is giving me 870 h/s per card
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
in comparison with stak xmr miner what is more stable this Gateless Gate or the stak xmr miner, I just want to try the monero forked, lot of us suffered with this dominal effect of asic in the gpu mining, the price of electricity here in my country is double than other asian nation, that's why i chose to shutdown all my rigs and waiting to the market to recover..
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
GGS has a GUI

I am still waiting nogui version of GG, with supporting fan control and cn heavy )
Activity: 47
Merit: 1

Miner Developer

Miner Developer
The next version will support X16R/S and CryptoNight-Light as well as Raven, AEON and Sumokoin with default pools.
Stay tuned.

If GG will be supporting X16r (Raven) algorithm, will it also support X16s (Pigeon) algorithm as well?  Currently the only version of SGminer to support X16s lags a fair bit behind the more optimized SGminer that only supports X16r when the average hashrate should be roughly the same between the two algorithms (at least as far as I understand them).

I am testing support for X16S and Pigeoncoin right now.
If everything goes well, I will push the update later today.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
The next version will support X16R/S and CryptoNight-Light as well as Raven, AEON and Sumokoin with default pools.
Stay tuned.

If GG will be supporting X16r (Raven) algorithm, will it also support X16s (Pigeon) algorithm as well?  Currently the only version of SGminer to support X16s lags a fair bit behind the more optimized SGminer that only supports X16r when the average hashrate should be roughly the same between the two algorithms (at least as far as I understand them).
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
1.3.2 - cannot mine CryptoNight-Heavy Sad
OS - Win10 64
See http://sendfile.su/1412453 SRBMiner - Ok.
There is also a small problem with PhyMem.
When its activated will not stop even if I select so. More than that it doesn't stop even if I close GGS. Overdrive is unable to change whatever parameter Phymem activated in the AMD driver and Claymore ( Smiley Smiley ) can't even change the fan speed...
In fact, even a soft reboot doesn't work . Its necessary to shut down the PC and restart it.
But I'm not a pc expert so pick everything with a grain of salt

Miner Developer
While I can understand that you don't want trouble supporting weird mod of cards, Branko and the other  guy trying to test GGS just reported a legit bug in the software:
if you select OPTIMIZE & select Criptonightv7  you get a thread  exeption: the given key isn't present in the dictionary.

And because I'm writing on bugs:
Fan: minimum is supposed to be 0 % and not 20 %
Fan2: if you modify it and click on copy to the same cards, ggs crash and restart

Custom pool: can't be selected for CNv7

Missing algos: CN7lite

There were some absolutely horrendous bugs indeed. Thanks for the report!
Miner Developer
Stay tuned.
What about best straps for hynix MJR memory?
Can you add parsing timings from strap in string?

Will do.
Thanks! You're Great!
One question: phymem is needed for something at this moment? Hardware acceleration? What this?

Not for the next version, though. You can google PhyMem if you want to know more about it.
Stay tuned.

Will do.
Thanks! You're Great!
One question: phymem is needed for something at this moment? Hardware acceleration? What this?
Miner Developer
Stay tuned.

Will do.
Miner Developer
Zawawa, could you please advise what kind of intensity should I be using for Cryptonight-heavy algo? I have tried to mine it with the same settings, that I use for the normal cryptonight algorithm, but it seems they are too high for the heavy algo. I am not really experienced into these algorithms, since I am mainly mining ETH, but I would really like to try and see what my profits would be on the heavy one?

The next version will come with a separate tab page for CryptoNight-Heavy with more reasonable default values.
Pages:
Jump to: