Pages:
Author

Topic: Gauging interest in a S5+ / 3xS7 specific power supply breakout board - page 2. (Read 9702 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Is your breakout board able to handle 5000w if DPS-2500BB are used instead of DPS-2000BB?

The board have more than enough copper thickness and layers to handle 5kw.
But it seems external voltage adjust doesn't work on the 2500BB. I still need to try on the ones I have.

If you want to easily have the voltage adjust working, ask them if they can ship you revision number lower than S9M.

If they can't, you could use some zero ohm resistors to mod according to my pictures a few posts ago. I used pins salvaged from dead DPS2000 PSUs on mine.
Those resistors should do the job if the leg diameter isn't too big (looks ok on the picture, and some people used actual cut legs from resistors soldered together to replace the pins):
Ebay item 201428019892
Ebay item 121097959648

Just to be safe, I'd put them in some heat shrink tube in case the actual resistor body could touch another pin.

If you don't have an hot air station and a solder sucker, you can even carefully drill with a 0.7-0.8mm drill bit in the center of the solder pad that is missing the pin.

Total length of the pins is 42mm. I haven't been able to source them from regular sources like digikey/mouser...
Will try from my main connectors supplier.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Is your breakout board able to handle 5000w if DPS-2500BB are used instead of DPS-2000BB?
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
hey j4b,

2 of my 2000bb has only AC lights, no DC. before it was ok then now no more DC green LED light upfront. the breakout boards are working fine on other 2000bb's.

i can also hear a relay clicking sound.

any tips will be appreciated.

i need 1 2880W breakout board sent to me.

sorry not really related though but you are the guru of 2000bb + 2880W psu's & the breakout boards master !

pls do pm me when you are free.
hey what is power swing volt wise?

the avalon 6's could be a better fit with this the the s-7's   or are you only 12 volts and higher?

I've been quite busy at home for the past week, will update infos and pics soon.

Those particular PSUs are limited to 11.2v on the undervolt side, 13.5v on the overvolt side.
Revision S9 or lower will only need to adjust an internal trim pot before it's able to reach down 11.2v and go up 13.0v.
Without this adjustment, you'll only reach 11.6v and will be able to go up to 13.5v

Revisions S10 and higher will need one missing connection to be added on one board in the PSU.

legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
hey what is power swing volt wise?

the avalon 6's could be a better fit with this the the s-7's   or are you only 12 volts and higher?

fhh
legendary
Yes I meant the revisions
Mixed 7 with 8s -> only the rev 7 had power draw: 2.5KW
The 8s was ideling @ 30 watt measured with Fritz! DECT200

2x 8s working perfect
Is shipping to US included, or is it extra? I would like to buy 2 boards but wanted to be sure about shipping.

shipping is on top and not so cheap to US
maybe they will get available at the US distributor ?
mentioned here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-custom-server-psu-breakout-boards-1200w-1300w-2000w-2880w-4kw-738527

actually it is not listed and the single version is also sold out:
http://holybitcoin.com/product/dps-2000bb-breakout-adapter-board/

Finksy will manufacture them for North America market starting in a few weeks. Same as he is already doing for the bladecenter 2880w boards.
Shipping from me for 2 boards to the US will be something like $35.

Holybitcoin will receive a batch of more standard boards including some single DPS-2000BB by the end of this week.
received my order:)

its great.

everyone be sure to use 2 DPS2000 from the same series.
I first havent looked after it and then only one PSU was working.
2 S7 were to much for it so it shut down after a few minutes.

nothing bad happened Smiley 

for the next order I would consider to order two sideplates per DPS-double because the plastic plate is not so solid.

@J4bber
at the Hi/Lo voltage switch I'm missing the "normal" middle position.
it is very hard to get it to the position of normal 12.2V
Lo is 11.8
Hi is 12.6

switch seems to have only two positions like the on/off switch
not three like the on/off switch from the single DPS-2000 breakout board

little space for improvements but you definitively get a wonderful 4K watt PSU monster Smiley Smiley

Thanks for the feedback.
regarding the  different series, do you mean revisions? I've used mixed revisions with success, but they were both over S9 or under S9, I haven't tried mixed old/new revisions.

As for the voltage, adjusting the trim pot fully on the left side will give the lowest offset voltage.
After you adjust the internal pot for the lowest voltage of 11.2v, you should find 12v easier to reach.
I'll anyway change the switch with a ON-OFF-ON one for the second batch, no extra cost, and it can be of some use if you just want to use 12v.

All remaining paid orders should ship tomorrow, I'll provide tracking number.

Once everything is finally shipped I'll post some more detailed instructions for assembly.

Basically, you need to start by adding the breakout board to the 2 PSUs.

Then, the plastic locking spacers in the 4mm holes at the back of each PSU.

Unscrew the small screw close to the front of the PSU, and put the metal spacer in its place.

You can now put the sideplate in place by gently pressing the 4.8mm side of the plastic locking spacers in the sideplate holes.
And add the two M3 screws to attach the plate to the metal spacers.

In each set, I supply the M3x30mm screws to attach 25mm fans with grills to the sideplate.

If for any reason you do prefer M4 threading on the sideplate, just message me so I can adjust it before shipping.
fhh
legendary
Is shipping to US included, or is it extra? I would like to buy 2 boards but wanted to be sure about shipping.

shipping is on top and not so cheap to US
maybe they will get available at the US distributor ?
mentioned here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-custom-server-psu-breakout-boards-1200w-1300w-2000w-2880w-4kw-738527

actually it is not listed and the single version is also sold out:
http://holybitcoin.com/product/dps-2000bb-breakout-adapter-board/
fhh
legendary
received my order:)

its great.

everyone be sure to use 2 DPS2000 from the same series.
I first havent looked after it and then only one PSU was working.
2 S7 were to much for it so it shut down after a few minutes.

nothing bad happened Smiley 

for the next order I would consider to order two sideplates per DPS-double because the plastic plate is not so solid.

@J4bber
at the Hi/Lo voltage switch I'm missing the "normal" middle position.
it is very hard to get it to the position of normal 12.2V
Lo is 11.8
Hi is 12.6

switch seems to have only two positions like the on/off switch
not three like the on/off switch from the single DPS-2000 breakout board

little space for improvements but you definitively get a wonderful 4K watt PSU monster Smiley Smiley
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I want to order one board from the next batch.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I've been working on something since april or may, it evolved with the S5+, and another time with the announcement of the S7.

First 50 sold. Shipping in progress.
Next batch in 10 days, 150 boards.

I want to order from the next batch of 5 pieces.
Today I got my ordered 4 boards. Thank you.

Click to enlarge
Activity: 338
Merit: 251
Paid in full for 10 boards with all the extras on the 4th. I too was hoping to get a tracking # soon.
fhh
legendary
got a tracking ID
THX J4bber!
fhh
legendary
paid my order on the 5th.

when will it be processed?
I'll send the first boards today to Tupsu who paid 10 days ago.
I need to change the connectors for the voltmeter, so the ones sent this week won't work with later boards sent next week.
The sideplates have been slighty modified to use another locking spacer that works better with 2mm thickness of the plate.

I'll take new pics according to those changes and post a quick "how to setup the boards".

Please send the tracking number.

I've been away, just sent you the tracking number.
Pages:
Jump to: