Pages:
Author

Topic: Gauging interest in a S5+ / 3xS7 specific power supply breakout board - page 3. (Read 9702 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I'll send the first boards today to Tupsu who paid 10 days ago.
I need to change the connectors for the voltmeter, so the ones sent this week won't work with later boards sent next week.
The sideplates have been slighty modified to use another locking spacer that works better with 2mm thickness of the plate.

I'll take new pics according to those changes and post a quick "how to setup the boards".
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
Just sent the BTC for 10 boards - I'll let everyone else get whatever they're after, and I'll pick up another 10 once the dust settles.  I don't want to hog them all!  Wink
Activity: 338
Merit: 251
Just sent payment to your address. 10 boards, 10 side plates, 10 adjustable voltage options, and 10 voltmeters. Thanks man.  Smiley

I'll take more in the next batch.

If Its O.K. , and they are available to me, I'll take more in this batch. I have 60 of these power supplies so I'm in for 30 of everything total.
Just so you know there are orders for them, I'll take as many as are available, up to all 50 (if no one else gets them).

Gotta love this. You'll take all 50... As if nobody else exists.

Ok. If he wants to let you take all 50 they're yours. You said you showed interest first. Wow.

I'm happy with 10 or even 5, everything else is nice.  If you want to get every single one and J4bberwock wants to let you then its all good. I think 10 max is fair. Even 10 each is only 5 people getting boards.

Lets let J4bber sort it out. If I don't get any boards this go around I'm not going to whine about it.

I'll arrange things according to the order of posts in the thread and private messages.
But don't worry, after I receive, solder, and validate the 50 piece test batch, I'll order a standard batch of 250 boards, 7 days delay, so everybody will have his boards.

Edit:

dance191 was aware of the project and showed interest in a lot of units before it was made public.
I was working on it when he asked for something with voltage regulation in August.
But still, for the test batch, I'll try to get everybody happy, and mass production will start by the 10th of november.

Exo - You read my post wrong.  I was saying they are guaranteed to sell.  I was saying I will take whatever he has, I wasn't trying to *claim* all of them.  I was just telling J4bberwock not to worry about selling them, people will take whatever he can produce, and if they don't I will.

Just read what I said again, but with above in mind, hopefully it makes more sense now...

Man I feel like a d1ck now... I was in a bad mood when I posted my little rant. I'm feeling better now and I hope there are no hard feelings. J4bberwock is doing some great work and I don't want to distract from that. If I can get a few boards still that would be nice. Otherwise I will wait for the one week delay. Its all good  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Please add all options to mine;

Sideplate: $6
Adjustable voltage option: $5.5
Voltmeter with pin header matching the boards: $5.5

Thanks

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Hi J4bber,

Please add to list. I want 10 boards with sideplates,

Thanks
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Just so you know there are orders for them, I'll take as many as are available, up to all 50 (if no one else gets them).

Ok. If he wants to let you take all 50 they're yours. You said you showed interest first. Wow.

I'm happy with 10 or even 5, everything else is nice.  If you want to get every single one and J4bberwock wants to let you then its all good. I think 10 max is fair. Even 10 each is only 5 people getting boards.

Lets let J4bber sort it out. If I don't get any boards this go around I'm not going to whine about it.

I'll arrange things according to the order of posts in the thread and private messages.
But don't worry, after I receive, solder, and validate the 50 piece test batch, I'll order a standard batch of 250 boards, 7 days delay, so everybody will have his boards.

Edit:

dance191 was aware of the project and showed interest in a lot of units before it was made public.
I was working on it when he asked for something with voltage regulation in August.
But still, for the test batch, I'll try to get everybody happy, and mass production will start by the 10th of november.

Exo - You read my post wrong.  I was saying they are guaranteed to sell.  I was saying I will take whatever he has, I wasn't trying to *claim* all of them.  I was just telling J4bberwock not to worry about selling them, people will take whatever he can produce, and if they don't I will.

Just read what I said again, but with above in mind, hopefully it makes more sense now...
It started as a hobby, doing boards for myself, and a few people here asked for a few boards.
Then, people were asking for so many boards that I had to register a company and do it as a full time job.

I'll prepare the invoice tomorrow.

First, change number of pci-e cables. I will take 26 pcs.

I would like to buy set with undervolt option. I can do some savings with electric bills. I can wait until monday.
Can you please send me invoice that I can pay my set?

PS. Is this your hobby or are you doing this for living?

I am interested to buy:

1x Board with voltage adjustment
2x DPS-2000 BB
20x pci-e cables, all longer cables
2x power cables
2x side plates

Allready PMd to Jabber.

Voltage adjustment is really interesting feature. Then there woludn't be need for separate buck converter. I think there would be more undervolted machines in the future. 10-12V adjustemt would be enought for example S5 undervolting.

I was waiting on a lot of things for the accessories: acrylic sheets (arrived today), power cables (will be there tomorrow instead of today), and spools of wires for the PCI-E cables (arrived today instead of monday).

If you need voltage adjustment under and over 12v, the only option will be the batch I'll get monday and later batches.
The first prototypes didn't allow undervolt on the board, only overvolt.
I did some small add-on boards to test the undervolt.

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
First, change number of pci-e cables. I will take 26 pcs.

I would like to buy set with undervolt option. I can do some savings with electric bills. I can wait until monday.
Can you please send me invoice that I can pay my set?

PS. Is this your hobby or are you doing this for living?

I am interested to buy:

2x DPS-2000 BB
2x power cables
2x side plates

Allready PMd to Jabber.

Voltage adjustment is really interesting feature. Then there woludn't be need for separate buck converter. I think there would be more undervolted machines in the future. 10-12V adjustemt would be enought for example S5 undervolting.

I was waiting on a lot of things for the accessories: acrylic sheets (arrived today), power cables (will be there tomorrow instead of today), and spools of wires for the PCI-E cables (arrived today instead of monday).

If you need voltage adjustment under and over 12v, the only option will be the batch I'll get monday and later batches.

I am interested to buy:

2x DPS-2000 BB
2x power cables
2x side plates

Allready PMd to Jabber.

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I am interested to buy:

2x DPS-2000 BB
2x power cables
2x side plates

Allready PMd to Jabber.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Price for a complete set please!

2*2k psu, breakout boards and cables!

Thx!

Edit:

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
I'm in for 10 boards in the first batch, confirmed 100%. I got the BTC ready to go whenever you are. I would like boards with all the options as well as the side plates.

I count about 40 orders sharp so far and it looks like plenty of those orders are maybes. Even if every one of them is confirmed it looks to me like I can get my order of 10 in the first batch. I'm likely to buy 10+ more in the second batch, and if you have more than 10 available in this batch I'll buy up to 20. 

Thanks for the effort and awesome work!!!  Grin
I'll get a small test batch of 50 PCBs next week.
The first orders will be able to ship before the 6th.

In the meantime, I've started the assembly of the voltmeter to make it modular so you on't need one on each breakout baord if you don't want to.

I'll update the first post later with a few extra pics, price, and probably list of confirmed interest.
Will start to collect funds this weekend or beginning of next week.

BTC payments will go as usual to my 1J4bberW... address.
Quick update, I was unavailable for the past 2 weeks, so everything have been delayed even if I have all the parts available except the actual PCB for a first batch of 120-150 boards.

The sideplates will be laser cut from 2.5mm acrylic panels like this (first test from 1.0mm foil before my brand new laser cutter died after 2 hours of use)

Activity: 469
Merit: 500
id also be in for some , these would make more sense then the ibm 2880's im using
Pages:
Jump to: