Pages:
Author

Topic: Gavin Threatens to Quit Bitcoin Development and Join Hearn's Fork - page 4. (Read 9870 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Good luck if he does move just gives more room for someone else to jump in his position and make things better if making threats to move due to wanting another chain will just become another alt coin. Even if bitcoin does fall apart due to devs leaving then so be it  give another coin the chance to take the leadership.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
despite all this hullaballoo .. no bitcoin price slide. apparently the market does not give a crap about Gavin

the trolls.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
Bitcoin will die and shadowcash will rise you all fools

Says a man without experience! Undecided
yes im not saying invest im saying check it out man ? Gett in before marketplace comes out
So, what OP is saying that Bitcoin really is indeed centralized after all? =P
well of course bitcoin is Centralized there is no anonymous transactions for btc lol
Need Something More Anonymous Than Bitcoin? Try ShadowCash!
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/05/29/need-something-more-anonymous-than-bitcoin-try-shadowcash/
im simply typing my opinion here? i have the right too! im just saying dont get left on planet earth

You SDC trolls just spam all over the place. Please stop spamming. No offence.
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

yes im not saying invest im saying check it out man ? Gett in before marketplace comes out
well of course bitcoin is Centralized there is no anonymous transactions for btc lol
Need Something More Anonymous Than Bitcoin? Try ShadowCash!
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/05/29/need-something-more-anonymous-than-bitcoin-try-shadowcash/

You SDC trolls just spam all over the place. Please stop spamming. No offence.
Activity: 482
Merit: 500
LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com
despite all this hullaballoo .. no bitcoin price slide. apparently the market does not give a crap about Gavin
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

the development must be centralized, we are still long away from program that can build themselves, and thus making software development decentralized...on a serious note this wasn't never the probem

satoshi should've simply left the client as it was at the beginning without the limit of 1 MB
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
The core developers, Gregory, Pieter, Luke and Matt are involved in a company Blockstream: https://www.blockstream.com/team/ .
Obviously they want Blockstream to be successful. Please tell me how Gavin is biased and the others aren't.  Roll Eyes

There are two sides to (almost) each story, and there definitely are hidden agendas involved here.

Luke is involved in Blockstream?  I don't see him at your /team/ link.  Also conspicuously absent is Garzik, who opposes Bitcoin-XT as well.

Either way, the 'Only Blockstream conflicts of interest prevent 20mb block support' meme is idiotic.  Case in point: Mircea.  So fuck off with the defamatory accusations of "hidden agendas."

While the other core devs' are not, Gavin's biases are uniquely disqualifying:

-Gavin could care less about TOR users and decentralization
-Gavin wants to change the 10 min block target
-Gavin doesn't believe proof of work has a place in BTC's long-term future
-Gavin pointedly bypassed the normal proposal discussion channels in favor of smoky/spooky VC backrooms and Reddit demagoguery

He's either gone crazy or been compromised.  I don't need to speculate about the why or how to see that.
Moon

Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

Moon
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
Gavin should leave and should not be allowed to tinker with the code of Bitcoin ever again. He's a shitcoin dev.

He is one of the reputable member and an asset for bitcoin, although his proposal here is abit too much for the consensus. His threats of leaving doesnt sound like a threat, more like asking for help from hearn. If he leave the team, there will be a huge debate on who will fill his spot later
Activity: 212
Merit: 22
Amazix
Gavin should leave and should not be allowed to tinker with the code of Bitcoin ever again. He's a shitcoin dev.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
I will go with XT, but I will also hold my actual bitcoin... let's see what it will happen. However I am also thinking, why few people should have the power to choose for us? Is it not against with the bitcoin philosophy?

Please elaborate why?

Because the 1MB limit it was added later for prevent the spam, it was a thing not from the beginning... I would prefer a random block size instead of 1-5-20-100 MB Wink.

This is exactly what I've been talking about. People without proper technical background will chose the wrong chain/software and things are going to start falling apart.

Exactly, I think the same. We should also think that not all the people who are using bitcoin are registered here in the forum or have some knowledge about what it is happening now.

You do realize that XT has patches that have been rejected for Core due to them weakening the security? I don't know the exact details but I would like someone to present it all nicely.

Even though I have respect for Gavin what he is doing is wrong.

I didn't know this thing before your post, I would like also to learn more about this fact (and I will make my own research). Gavin's ultimate way proposal is a sort of "with me or against me" (or this is what I thought the first time when I have read his message).

So we should just sit back and let Fed-friendly Gavin/Hearn turn Bitcoin into a centralized shitcoin, no thanks. Last thing I want to do is cash out to fiat...

What is your proposal to 'fight' against the Gavin's proposal? The unique thing that we can do is 'not update the client'... or maybe do you have something of better?

All I'm saying is changes do need to made, just not in the way these guys are proposing with XT. Their divide and conquer tactics aren't going to help either though it will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Prepare for the Bitcoin civil war Smiley

So is it only the proposing way not the 'change itself' and yes it will be a real bitcoin civil war, only who will be in the correct chain will win.
legendary
Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608
I feel it is crucial that all core developers go for a compromise on the solution and they speak as one single voice. Maybe we can upgrade to a 10 MB or a 4 MB block?

I personally don't know what to support because I currently don't see a winning consensus on either solution and opinions are scattered in the web.

A manifesto with a workable compromise solution by the key core developers would definitely help. From that moment on, companies, merchants, users and miners would surely follow.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Is this a forum? Are you saying that I can't post  Roll Eyes?

Yeah satoshi just called me, he said you should be banned from posting on this forum. No it was just a snide comment about the amount of posts you're making, nothing more, nothing less.

So we should just sit back and let Fed-friendly Gavin/Hearn turn Bitcoin into a centralized shitcoin, no thanks. Last thing I want to do is cash out to fiat...

What is your proposal to 'fight' against the Gavin's proposal? The unique thing that we can do is 'not update the client'... or maybe do you have something of better?

All I'm saying is changes do need to made, just not in the way these guys are proposing with XT. Their divide and conquer tactics aren't going to help either though it will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Prepare for the Bitcoin civil war Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
so what is your plan? because apparently you think that the other 4 dev are wrong too or you are not with them, at least this is what i get from this post

The core developers, Gregory, Pieter, Luke and Matt are involved in a company Blockstream: https://www.blockstream.com/team/ .
Obviously they want Blockstream to be successful. Please tell me how Gavin is biased and the others aren't.  Roll Eyes

There are two sides to (almost) each story, and there definitely are hidden agendas involved here.

Unfortunately some opinions don't matter. Neither do I have the influence or power here to change much and by the time I start committing to the Core I'm not even sure that it will exist. That statement was just showing that we can't blame either side or everything. Both parties have hidden agendas. Unfortunately most people are very greedy and complicated, including these developers and thus the situation has arisen.
Nonsense like this is what I'm trying to prevent, but it seems futile..
gavin fucked it up for everybody say bye bye to your investments

What I would prefer:
It is a fact that the blocks are eventually going to get filled with transactions and that some aren't going to get included. Keeping it like that would be horrible as rich people would be able to prioritize transactions (completely against Bitcoin). Something has to be done in order to prevent this rather than to fix it once it happens. They also have to properly explain the problems with XT. Which patches and exactly why have they been rejected.

The developers need to show potential and better (elaborate why) solutions to the 1MB cap and implement it on time into the Core. This would be a substitute to the what Gavin wants and should theoretically work better than just increasing the cap. Gavin needs to stop with this XT nonsense, because no good will come of it. This only has a potential negative effect on the whole ecosystem, as I fail to see any potential positive ones.
Feel free to correct me.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

so what is your plan? because apparently you think that the other 4 dev are wrong too or you are not with them, at least this is what i get from this post

qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
21 MB - the new blocksize limit! Makes more sense  Cheesy !
21.000.000 bits! Wait, no, that's just 2.5 MB.
Make that 21.000.000 Bytes!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I will go with XT, but I will also hold my actual bitcoin... let's see what it will happen. However I am also thinking, why few people should have the power to choose for us? Is it not against with the bitcoin philosophy?

Please elaborate why? This is exactly what I've been talking about. People without proper technical background will chose the wrong chain/software and things are going to start falling apart.
You do realize that XT has patches that have been rejected for Core due to them weakening the security? I don't know the exact details but I would like someone to present it all nicely.

Pages:
Jump to: