Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com - page 10. (Read 506536 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
The overclock is actually more efficient:

300 = 12.0MH/s @ 473w (39.4 watts per MH)
328 = 13.5MH/s @ 512w (37.9 watts per MH)
360 = 15.5MH/s @ 568w (36.6 watts per MH)

Edit: Tests performed with an 850W 80+ Bronze PSU.

Bumped my Black Widow clocks to 360 and I'm now getting 15.5MH/s.  More HW errors and power consumption went up of course...

Did you do a side by side to compare efficiency? Make sure the OC is worth it Smiley
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
Is anyone who has Black Widow / Fury's setup preferably multiple units on the same controller available for a chat on IRC?  It'd be super rad and I would be eternally grateful! I'm MalkbabY on Freenode.net

Thanks so much!!! Smiley

How many people here are on IRC?
Activity: 60
I'm curious if anyone has tested how much power their Fury is actually pulling from the wall?

I'm happy with my Fury which has now been running for over 24 hours at 1.3 mh/s or above. Still waiting on zenminers to fix my account as they said something was wrong with the people who signed up early. I signed up when I received it around 3pm est yesterday. Hopefully the Pi will be working soon, but either way it was a nice surprise to receive and it is working great on my Linux rig.
Yes, almost exactly 50 watts each at 328 (stock) clock, tested individually and together.  At this moment I have all three churning away and my Kill-A-Watt that my power strip is plugged into (with just the Furys) currently shows 152W at the wall.  Not sure why mine aren't doing the advertised 35w, but who knows what kind of configuration was used to obtain that number.

Thanks. I'm going to grab a Kill-A-Watt one of these days. I only have a few gridseeds, a fury, and another week two fury on the way. I just checked out the Zeus thread over at litecointalk and seems like a ton of people are complaining about power among other things. Makes me happy I chose GAW for my first gridseeds as they have been great ever since.
I have a couple of Kill-A-Watts I used for my GPU rigs if you want em cheap. I bought a couple of these that are great: http://www.ubnt.com/mfi#mpower  lets me kill individual outlets, and provides power usage data. Has a server utility you can run and an iPhone app. Smiley 
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
anyone know why they used cgminer 3.1.1 and any not other of the newer ones? Antminer uses 3.12.3
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Bumped my Black Widow clocks to 360 and I'm now getting 15.5MH/s.  More HW errors and power consumption went up of course...
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Hey Everyone

We are working on an update to bring down the power consumption considerably. We will release through both zen and the stand alone app

Will performance take a hit if the power consumption is brought down considerably?

we will have to wait and see.  frankly lets hope it is a small hash drop 10-15% and a huge power drop 40-50%

right now this gear is 2x the power draw of a gridseed blade on a platinum psu.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Hey Everyone

We are working on an update to bring down the power consumption considerably. We will release through both zen and the stand alone app

Will performance take a hit if the power consumption is brought down considerably?

Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
Hey Everyone

+1. Good, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Hey Everyone

That's good news thanks

The current  power numbers are 2 times that of a gridseed so lets hope they can drop the numbers down a lot.

right now the best deal for a 1300 watt psu is that from evga 1300 super nova g2.

it even comes with a magic trick the psu one plug.   it will run 1 falcon no issues 2 widows no issues.  

my hot deals thread has links to it as it goes on sale a lot.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-hot-deals-thread-591721

I run it and it will do the job.

also  I have used these from gas miners

http://www.gawminers.com/6-pin-pcie-to-3-x-2-1mm-barrel-tip-power-cable/

these should run your fury gear   I believe these will pull 4 to 6 watts less then the 5 amp bricks if you hook them up to my evga you could run 15-18 furies easy   as the evga has 6 pcie cables
Activity: 868
Hey Everyone

That's good news thanks
Activity: 46
The Fury itself is ice cold when cranking away.  I think the heatsink and fan are actually TOO much, but too much is better than not enough.  The cheap power supply, however, is hot as balls.  That's getting replaced VERY soon...

That's cool, thanks for the info.
What kind of power supply could one replace it with?

I'm going to use one of those PCI-E to Barrel Connector adapters (I have a bunch but they're all in use) and run this thing on one of my ATX supplies that isn't topped out.

Where can I get those???

http://www.amazon.com/PCI-E-6-Pin-2-1mm-Barrel-Gridseed/dp/B00JG7AGDY

THANKS!!!   Smiley

They're also all over eBay.
Activity: 44
Is anyone who has Black Widow / Fury's setup preferably multiple units on the same controller available for a chat on IRC?  It'd be super rad and I would be eternally grateful! I'm MalkbabY on Freenode.net

Thanks so much!!! Smiley
Activity: 345
https://wagabet.com/?ref=4GhhtoyKXXeVtx83ispZ1T
Heres my cgminer for my black widow-

Ill hook the killawatt up to it tomorrow and will be doing a full write with a guide to setup and what not.
Activity: 182
Hey Everyone

Activity: 104
Mining over wifi decreases your profits.  Hardwire everything.

Please explain?

With OLDER WiFi technology you might have a higher amount of latency or wireless interference vs having a wired connection.  For a High Speed Miner this might cause issues.

BUT If you are using the latest Wifi Technology on the receiving and transmitting ends then your should not have any issues.
The Fury itself is ice cold when cranking away.  I think the heatsink and fan are actually TOO much, but too much is better than not enough.  The cheap power supply, however, is hot as balls.  That's getting replaced VERY soon...

I'm going to use one of those PCI-E to Barrel Connector adapters (I have a bunch but they're all in use) and run this thing on one of my ATX supplies that isn't topped out.

Where can I get those???

http://www.amazon.com/PCI-E-6-Pin-2-1mm-Barrel-Gridseed/dp/B00JG7AGDY

THANKS!!!   Smiley
Activity: 37
So I don't have a kill-a-watt, but the Falcon just melted my 850W 80Plus Gold Seasonic. I've ordered a 1050W replacement.

To be fair, the PSU was not new, and had been powering my GPU rig for a while (and running at pretty high % utilized too).
Activity: 72
Could someone please explain to me the "328 clock"?  That can't be MHz is it?  I know what I'm running my Gridseeds I got from GAWMiners at... so what is a "328 clock"?  Thanks!
It's the frequency you're running the chips at.

--ltc-clk 328

That's the config for cgminer.  Some info here https://gawminers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202184744-cgminer-source-and-config

it says "The frequency of 328 seems to be the desired clock speed at this time." - for the Generation A miners.

Where can I get those???
Pages:
Jump to: