Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com - page 14. (Read 506536 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
FWIW, my Black Widow that arrived an hour ago is hashing away at 14MH/s.
Activity: 269
If you are having issues with the ZenController (raspberry Pi) here's what I suggest you can do to possibly find the problem:

Connect the HDMI cable from the ZenController to a display and plug a USB keyboard into the ZenMiner.  Login using

Username: root
Password: gawminers

Once logged in, you can enter the cgminer screen process by typing: screen -r

You will see the current output from cgminer and if you're like me, instantly realize you did not enter your pool credentials correctly. Smiley

To exit the screen and leave cgminer running, press Control-a-d.  (i.e. hold 'Control' then press 'a' then press 'd').

If you dont have an HDMI compatible display, the ZenController is preconfigured to grab an IP address from the network via DHCP.  So you can login to your internet router and the ZenController will probably listed in your list of connected devices / DHCP leases.  You can then SSH into the ZenController using the same login info as above.  You could also scan your network for the IP address, or randomly try IP addresses on your network until you get an SSH connection.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10

What would be really helpful for people trying to do self service support for their GAW Miner hardware would be if GAW would put a new Support Link on the GAW Miners Website Home Page.

Then break out each product they sell and put support information for each product on there.

That way people can find exactly what they need for each product that GAW sells.  For example ---setup info, software, drivers, recommended PSU requirements, etc.

Surely that would be a next logical thing to do ASAP?  Just saying...

This forum can be sort of chaotic when trying search for helpful support information.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Please, Please feel it wasn't fair to remove the zen controller from fury 3rd week bundle until they were sold out. Could you re-think this?  Don't want to pay $70 for a unit thats not even functional right now.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Received my fury today. Plugged everything in and registered. Seamless. Thank you guys.
Activity: 470
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles
where are instructions for the fury? mine didnt come with any, is there a pdf with them or some where? or am i magically suppose to figure out how to set up?

Did you get the zencontroller?  Instructions were included with that.

If not, search the forum for cgminer instructions, its been posted a few times.

Hopefully the new forum Josh mentioned will go live soon and we can post the instructions in the FAQ.

Cheers,

Cassey
Activity: 29
where are instructions for the fury? mine didnt come with any, is there a pdf with them or some where? or am i magically suppose to figure out how to set up?
Activity: 37
Well I gave up on the zenMiner, but I think the problem is my switch.

Anyway, on my linux system now, here is what I'm getting when I start cgminer:

Icarus Detect: Attempting to open /dev/ttyUSB0

I'm pretty sure ttyUSB0 is right, because that's what I get when I run dmesg | grep tty
Activity: 20
PEOPLE, if you call in or talk to tech support, can you please be nice to them?  I just chatted with Jonathan about my zenminer problem. We didn't come to a resolution, but he opened a ticket for me.  At the end, he thanked me for being nice about it and not yelling at him.

THE PEOPLE TRYING TO HELP YOU ARE NOT THE CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEMS.  Give them a break. They are there to HELP you. The nicer you are, the easier you'll be to help.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Glad to see pics going up

Got a favor to ask. I am meeting with the CEO of ZenMiner tonight. I would like to talk about the features our customers want and the order of priority.

Is someone willing to make a form that will allow people to add features and the ability to vote? If possible, we need to do it asap. This way I have it in time for the meeting.

Start some voting here if you like

http://goo.gl/Rs4zBw

You can add your own suggestion as well. Just fill it in, in the "other" section and it will get added.
Activity: 253
Merit: 10
Registering to this site since it seems its the only place we are receiving any sort of information about the products etc..Too bad they cant use their site to keep the customers up to date (and have only recently discovered how to email their customers about changes and new information).

I digress, I wanted to ask anyone who works for GAWMiners why they were removing negative reviews on the ASIC Fury page. For your information, censorship is clearly not the way to go. I recommend instead you work harder on delivering a good service and the good reviews will come in time. From what I've seen the hardware looks very promising however the manner in which GAWMiner executed the launch was abysmal to say the least. Very bad communication etc.. Lets just hope this is a learning experience for all.

http://www.gawminers.com/the-fury-1-mh-s-asic-scrypt-miner-week-three/

Troll.

Launch was decent, there were the bumps but they were handled quickly and efficiently. Wasn't a scam, and each situation is being resolved as we still speak.

Week 1 is technically alpha, week 2 beta, week 3 final release. Any one expecting different was not being realistic and shouldnt have had their hopes that high on a community and business as new and young as this one.

For a company only around for a short while, they have released a store front with phenomenal customer service, which continues to grow with the demand. They have released their own series of miners, and provided those with the risk of taking the leap a FREE $40+ unit that they took a loss on in order to make the items more easily maintained.

Abysmal it was not.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
ZenMiner is releasing a large UI update with all the chart and reports your looking for. Will be updated in the next 24 hours!
Activity: 52
To anyone having issues with zenMiner connectivity....

Please write to [email protected] with the following information to expedite our troubleshooting.

zenMiner.com username
Email address used to register
zenMiner activation code (4 digits)
Your outward facing IP address  ( https://www.google.com/#q=whats+my+ip )

Also, PLEASE provide a phone number we can reach you at.

The sooner you can submit that information, the sooner we can get your controller online and hashing. Thank you!!
Activity: 140
http://www.gawminers.com
Hi, just a reminder. If you are a GAW customer, please send support request to:

[email protected]
Activity: 233
It's been running for about 30 minutes now.  I just realized I forgot to mention that it is running on Windows in a VM that is on a Mac computer (Couldn't figure out how to make it mine in OSX).  Not sure if that could be an issue.

Thanks!

It's the Fury.  The pool seems accurate (a bit low though), but cgminer is way high.  Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Anyone else getting weird output from their miner under windows?  I just set my up and I see this:
(5s):28.69M (avg):28.81Mh/s | A:115 | R:0 | HW:10 | U: 2.5/m WU: 1331.6/m

The pool is saying this:

Your current Hashrate: 1004 kH/s

What miner is it?

Does it still show the same figures after running for a bit. Or how long has it been running.

Can you post your config file? Minus you pool info.

Haha, I found the problem when looking at my config.  I still had:

--chips-count 128

instead of changing it to:

--chips-count 6

Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed
Thank you for the help

Just a thought but wouldn't it make a LOT more sense to default to --chips-count 6?  Those who can afford larger rigs can change it but a beginner who would probably start with a Fury just starts mining.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Glad to see pics going up

Got a favor to ask. I am meeting with the CEO of ZenMiner tonight. I would like to talk about the features our customers want and the order of priority.

Is someone willing to make a form that will allow people to add features and the ability to vote? If possible, we need to do it asap. This way I have it in time for the meeting.

Start some voting here if you like

http://goo.gl/Rs4zBw
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
C:\Users\rob\Downloads\windows\build>cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://pool.ipominer.
com:3333 -u rrob.worker -p x --nocheck-golden --chips-count 6 --ltc-clk 328 -S
 //./COM16,//./COM17
 [2014-05-29 19:11:01] Started cgminer 3.1.1
 [2014-05-29 19:11:01] Icarus Detect: Failed to open //./COM16,//./COM17

[2014-05-29 19:11:01] All devices disabled, cannot mine!

C:\Users\rob\Downloads\windows\build>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Trying to run 2 Furys and already installed drivers and confirmed in device manager? Any suggestions?

You downloaded drivers here?http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx
other than that, incorrect ports listed? i left mine as was found from the cgminer download site, don't know about ports for 2 units though.
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
Why are my posts being deleted? I posted provable facts and my opinions about them. 1130W (what it's up to now) is *far* more power than the Falcon should be drawing based on what we were told. I'm going to try a 1000W PSU tomorrow to see if it has better efficiency than my 850W. I doubt it will be much lower though.

I'm going to post up an unboxing and setup video tonight.

I'm running .4 KwH for 20 minutes.... 1200watts/hour. My psu is 1200watts and the wires are getting hot. I video taped my unboxing as well, although I found nothing wrong except some scratches on the casing.

Thanks. That's about the same as mine. I'm using a Raidmax RX-850AE which is 80 Plus Gold so it should be pretty efficient. Hopefully the RX-1000AE I'm going to try tomorrow will bring it down a little.

I editted my post. still way high.
Activity: 29
C:\Users\rob\Downloads\windows\build>cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://pool.ipominer.
com:3333 -u rrob.worker -p x --nocheck-golden --chips-count 6 --ltc-clk 328 -S
 //./COM16,//./COM17
 [2014-05-29 19:11:01] Started cgminer 3.1.1
 [2014-05-29 19:11:01] Icarus Detect: Failed to open //./COM16,//./COM17

[2014-05-29 19:11:01] All devices disabled, cannot mine!

C:\Users\rob\Downloads\windows\build>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Trying to run 2 Furys and already installed drivers and confirmed in device manager? Any suggestions?
Activity: 18
Why are my posts being deleted? I posted provable facts and my opinions about them. 1130W (what it's up to now) is *far* more power than the Falcon should be drawing based on what we were told. I'm going to try a 1000W PSU tomorrow to see if it has better efficiency than my 850W. I doubt it will be much lower though.

I'm going to post up an unboxing and setup video tonight.

I'm running .4 KwH for 20 minutes.... 1200watts/hour. My psu is 1200watts and the wires are getting hot. I video taped my unboxing as well, although I found nothing wrong except some scratches on the casing.

Thanks. That's about the same as mine. I'm using a Raidmax RX-850AE which is 80 Plus Gold so it should be pretty efficient. Hopefully the RX-1000AE I'm going to try tomorrow will bring it down a little. This power use is a major problem for me. I could have run 700-800W on one of our circuits but 1100W+ is more than they can handle.
Pages:
Jump to: