Pages:
Author

Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com - page 5. (Read 506536 times)

Activity: 470
Merit: 250
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles
Has anyone compiled cgminer & used it on Linux? It seems like everyone is either using the Zencontroller or Windows. I have it compiled but don't have my miner in hand yet to try it. What would be the proper command line for running it in Linux vs Pi/Windows?

Yep... running it now, testing out a clock of 350:

---

#!/bin/bash

# set the worker name and password for your mining pool
WORKER="Cassey.`hostname`"
PASS="pass"
OPTS="-S /dev/ttyUSB0 --nocheck-golden --chips-count 6 --ltc-clk 350 --api-listen --api-port=40113 --api-allow=10.184.155.0/24"

# enter pool URLS in format URL:port
URL0="-o stratum+tcp://mine.multicoinpool.org:3310"

# formart worker strings
S0="$URL0 -O $WORKER":"$PASS"

# concatenate command to run
CMD="/cgminer*/cgminer"
RUN="$CMD $OPTS $S0"

# echo instead of running, if for testing purposes

echo "$RUN"
$RUN

----

API stuff is so that CGRemote can monitor for me.

Cassey
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
how does zenminer know which pool to mine if you list more than one?
how are you guys mining with your fury. I have two and registered them at zenminers and they are not working or showing any hash rate?

just download the cgminer from gawminers. The link is somewhere back in this thread.

https://gawminers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202184744-cgminer-source-and-config

If your building on Linux, suggest you add --with-curses to your configure line.

Cassey
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Using 328:

Clever: A: 1244 R: 20 HW: 45 U: 6.3/m WU: 1355.1/m
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
getting tons of hw erros with 328 and 320 clk any one else

Been there done that use the zen controller for now your better off. Your probably still going to have problems till they boost the firmware. Just a heads up.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
How do we get zencontroller do do anything?  I can mine with just using cgminer but how do we initiate mining from the zenminer site?

Plug in miner to zencontroller. Plug in zencontroller. Give 5 min to come up go to zenminer.com register you will need the code off the side of you zencontroller. enter mining pool information. go to miner tab pick the miner you are using. Give about an hour for it to build up check hash rate your good to go.
getting tons of hw erros with 328 and 320 clk any one else
what pools are people having success with? WeMineLTC seems to keep kicking me off every 10-12hrs. If you can post if your pool is working good or having problems and ill keep a list updated of everyone's recommendations here.

Zero problems over at http://www.multicoinpool.org

Worked with both Zenminer and now with cgminer 3.1.1

Cassey
How do we get zencontroller do do anything?  I can mine with just using cgminer but how do we initiate mining from the zenminer site?
Activity: 163
Has anyone compiled cgminer & used it on Linux? It seems like everyone is either using the Zencontroller or Windows. I have it compiled but don't have my miner in hand yet to try it. What would be the proper command line for running it in Linux vs Pi/Windows?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Largest one I had was a 1000W. But I don't trust it to hold out very long. (And I've blown up a couple doing GPU mining, so I'm hesitant to push it too far.)
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126
how are you guys mining with your fury. I have two and registered them at zenminers and they are not working or showing any hash rate?

just download the cgminer from gawminers. The link is somewhere back in this thread.
Activity: 11
The good news:
 - my Falcons arrived
 - upon plugging in the falcon to the zenminer that I had registered a few days ago, it detected and starting hashing (clevermining)
 - the pool-side hashrate is the advertised 27 MH/s

The bad news:
 - one Falcon is louder than three Gridseed Blades

The really bad news:
 - 1137 W (9.87 A) at the wall
 - the PSU is working hard and getting pretty hot
 - the PCI-E wires are very warm and the insulation is starting to get soft after about 10 mins

As much as I hate to do it, I've taken it down already. I can live with the noise, but if the power consumption doesn't decrease *significantly* with the promised firmware update, it's going to be a big issue.

What size PSU are you using?
Activity: 5
The good news:
 - my Falcons arrived
 - upon plugging in the falcon to the zenminer that I had registered a few days ago, it detected and starting hashing (clevermining)
 - the pool-side hashrate is the advertised 27 MH/s

The bad news:
 - one Falcon is louder than three Gridseed Blades

The really bad news:
 - 1137 W (9.87 A) at the wall
 - the PSU is working hard and getting pretty hot
 - the PCI-E wires are very warm and the insulation is starting to get soft after about 10 mins

As much as I hate to do it, I've taken it down already. I can live with the noise, but if the power consumption doesn't decrease *significantly* with the promised firmware update, it's going to be a big issue.
Activity: 216
anyone else get stuck paying for shipping. I had to pay the DHL guy 20 dollars to get mine

I'm in Canada so I was expecting to have to pay 12% taxes (5% federal and 7% provincial) on the shipment plus also maybe duty.  My shipment hasn't arrived (due today?) but I called DHL and enquired on delivery time and was told $22.14 would be my total delivery charge.  Considering that 12% of the value would be $100 I'm not going to argue.   Wink

I WANT MY FURYS, DHL...  NOW!!!  Sad

Regards,

Chris

Yea That is exactly what I paid. Had to give them 25 though as they do not carry change with them lol. I got mine but can not seem to get them to work. 

It sure beats having to pay $100 plus delivery!   Grin  I had to pay Canada Post $48 when my 3 gridseeds arrived a few weeks ago.  Didn't save the receipt (should have!) but that was probably duty+GST+PST so $22.14 for a shipment more than 2x the value is okay in my books.

Regards,

Chris
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Respect All Fear None
anyone else get stuck paying for shipping. I had to pay the DHL guy 20 dollars to get mine

I'm in Canada so I was expecting to have to pay 12% taxes (5% federal and 7% provincial) on the shipment plus also maybe duty.  My shipment hasn't arrived (due today?) but I called DHL and enquired on delivery time and was told $22.14 would be my total delivery charge.  Considering that 12% of the value would be $100 I'm not going to argue.   Wink

Regards,

Chris

Yea That is exactly what I paid. Had to give them 25 though as they do not carry change with them lol. I got mine but can not seem to get them to work. 
Activity: 216

Regards,

Chris
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Respect All Fear None
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126
what pools are people having success with? WeMineLTC seems to keep kicking me off every 10-12hrs. If you can post if your pool is working good or having problems and ill keep a list updated of everyone's recommendations here.

my 2 furys are avr about 2.8 Mh/s on clevermining...
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

What error rate have?. If you have many, you get kicked out
Pages:
Jump to: