Author

Topic: GAW ZenCloud ZenPool Hashlet - does it really exist? ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :-) - page 119. (Read 262908 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
Please answer these instead:
1. Why can't I input my own pool?
2. Why can't I see one mined block?
3. Why are they hated on all forums but their own?
4. Why was zenminers bought for $8,000,000 or so but Josh can't be bothered with changing the domain into his own name?
5. Where can you find proof of the BTC.com and Zencloud purchase besides some cryptocurrency blogs.. shouldn't such purchases be in their local newspaper?
6. Why are they so secretive in what they're doing with my money, what exactly are they doing with my money?
7. With their millions of dollars.. why can't they hire more customer service representatives? You can hire reps for $0.50/hr in India
8. What is a hashlet? Why is it so mysterious, why does it imitate mining when their terms clearly state that it isn't?
9. Why does Gawminers mainly consist of Josh's friends and family, what are they trying to hide from the outside world?
10. Why is zencloud so faulty, don't they have the money to hire real programmers?
11. Why is the former owner of Zencloud still working as the main programmer for Zencloud? Obviously he isn't that great at programming a site that imitates mining and pays people a certain amount.
12. Why do they need their own forum, didn't they originate on bitcointalk? What is wrong with bitcointalk? They can't control bitcointalk...

What are you talking about? Who is hated? Because GAW is not hated at all, the only person having problem and hating GAW is you. You just can't stand a successful crypto company which is doing really fine. That is your problem?
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
Since I don't own them, I won't answer most, but I will answer 12 for you!

A lot of btc/cloud companies have their own forums, thats not really that unique or scary.    BTCTalk is btctalk, and as a massive reference of all information under the sun, is great, however it can be a bit hard to find specific stuff.   Thus alot of companies have forums that focus on their specific issues, and its a good business practice, because if you build your own community , and people get involved, it creates a ready pool of customers.   That simple is good business to do, for a minimal investment.   Lots of ROI for hosting such things as an organization.

That's a valid point.
Merit: 251
Since I don't own them, I won't answer most, but I will answer 12 for you!  And as a bonus edit!  I will handle 9.

A lot of btc/cloud companies have their own forums, thats not really that unique or scary.    BTCTalk is btctalk, and as a massive reference of all information under the sun, is great, however it can be a bit hard to find specific stuff.   Thus alot of companies have forums that focus on their specific issues, and its a good business practice, because if you build your own community , and people get involved, it creates a ready pool of customers.   That simple is good business to do, for a minimal investment.   Lots of ROI for hosting such things as an organization.

Neoptism is really rather common in small/medium sized businesses.   I work for a company with about 220 full time employee's, and some pay by day staff that they use.   The CEO/owner is there.   His wife runs the training division, daughter is in purchasing, son in law is in contracts.   Another rather common thing in life, from my experiences.
donator
It's for the children!
Please answer these instead:
1. Why can't I input my own pool?
2. Why can't I see one mined block?
3. Why are they hated on all forums but their own?
4. Why was zenminers bought for $8,000,000 or so but Josh can't be bothered with changing the domain into his own name?
5. Where can you find proof of the BTC.com and Zencloud purchase besides some cryptocurrency blogs.. shouldn't such purchases be in their local newspaper?
6. Why are they so secretive in what they're doing with my money, what exactly are they doing with my money?
7. With their millions of dollars.. why can't they hire more customer service representatives? You can hire reps for $0.50/hr in India
8. What is a hashlet? Why is it so mysterious, why does it imitate mining when their terms clearly state that it isn't?
9. Why does Gawminers mainly consist of Josh's friends and family, what are they trying to hide from the outside world?
10. Why is zencloud so faulty, don't they have the money to hire real programmers?
11. Why is the former owner of Zencloud still working as the main programmer for Zencloud? Obviously he isn't that great at programming a site that imitates mining and pays people a certain amount.
12. Why do they need their own forum, didn't they originate on bitcointalk? What is wrong with bitcointalk? They can't control bitcointalk...

You just answered most of them with your own opinion? 
donator
It's for the children!
MemCid-  Will argue you on one point.   Most hated company?   What about Alpha Technologies?  BFL?

HashFast, flowertech, btcolympus, lunamine, pirate, KnC first delivery, avalon first deliver, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
MemCid-  Will argue you on one point.   Most hated company?   What about Alpha Technologies?  BFL?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad

Looks like you are spammed with a transaction fee Cheesy
The address is different than the one you got the proper payment from. Are you sure it belongs to GAW?
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Something really weird is happening. They payout the absolute minimum possible:

https://blockchain.info/tx/ae05ccde8eeda2912a8cd39686e97df72a73cbe9ca7ce97625ffde772e80c242

For example here:

https://blockchain.info/address/1DEWh2eHJWKH6GpQz4RCsz9tsNF8LsTHHD

Fourth is correct, last three aren't.

What exactly are we looking at? Withdrawals from ZenCloud?

Edit: It's an ad:

https://blockchain.info/address/1LaEZpke8tv18YrsrVbg1ZDxkwAogM7AdU

Public Note: urlremoved

Edit2: Ironically it seems to be a ponzi  Grin
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1007
Something really weird is happening. They payout the absolute minimum possible:

https://blockchain.info/tx/ae05ccde8eeda2912a8cd39686e97df72a73cbe9ca7ce97625ffde772e80c242

For example here:

https://blockchain.info/address/1DEWh2eHJWKH6GpQz4RCsz9tsNF8LsTHHD

Fourth is correct, last three aren't.
Activity: 462
I'm not gone.. lol, I just realized that people love gawminers wayyyy too much for some odd reason and it seems like they're very cult-y and brainwashed by Josh and his family that works for him.
So you being gone has nothing to do with your troll topics being removed by forum staff?
Somebody here is butthurt because the guy employs another family member.

Its really sad to see noobs(Uneducated people) buy thousands of dollars of hashtrash and have no idea what they're getting into, don't you think?

It's really sad to see liars make up stories about stolen $15000 and posting it around in hope of gaining support.

The questions were already answered but it's better to ignore and ask them again and again. You'll probably delete this post anyway like you did with at least 3 threads about GAW so why even bother to answer any of your crap?
legendary
Well, that's exactly the point. I must admit I'm tempted to buy one from BM, well, pre-order.

Lightningasic has a 100 Mh machine delivering in 3 weeks for 1999 USD. Paying half on ordering, half on delivering. Then hashlets look kinda good again Wink
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

120 MH/s for 600 bucks  in december is very different from 100 MH/s for 2000 bucks, regardless of market evolution. And the reseling of hashlets is no more guaranteed than the reseling of any other miners.

Added that.

It would be interesting to calculate estimate if you'd have had a return of the difference by the shippingdate of the L1's.

Indeed, but my guess is as good as yours :-)

Being a small home miner, I know exactly how profitable my machines are and I've been using the pools theoretically used by the Hashlet.

My best guess now is that it would take a miracle to produce $1400 from now until the end of the year hashing at 100 MH/s.

But, who knows?  Huh
legendary
Thanks for your replies and Suchmoon i think this is your thread so don't take me as argumentative. I am here to learn.

I'm not sure it's my thread, I may have created the OP but it has a life of its own. Being argumentative is not the worst thing you can do here Smiley

I know that anyone that buys anything is used to seeing the earnings drop over time ... i have my own mining going on - not big scale but enough hashing and sha256 to know what you can earn with roughly the same amount of hash as a hashlet. I started to join the same pools that they advertise the solo hashlets as utilising.

What do you call verifiable - i think your concern is you can't trace it and watch it like you can with your own miner. Sure i would also like to configure mine and join them to pools myself but this means controllers need to be able to manage that. The world of product makers trying to be like Steve Jobs and make some sleek looking simple product that does things in a simple way can be infuriating to people who want to look at the nuts and bolts.

So we bought some hashlets - now we own them. For me it will take more than 1 month to form a judgement if i am on the way to an ROI - but what is more interesting is just how long GAW stays in business and when they upgrade their hashlets - if ever. The minute they start selling the 2 MHash product for the same price once payed for 1MHash and don't upgrade the old product would be the same minute they disprove "obsolete proof". Until then its a waiting game.

I am used to business practices being dodgy at start ups ... i just imagine i am there trying to do what they claim to be and how it goes for them.

Cheers

That's the thing, comparing "cloud" mining to "traditional" businesses like Apple is not really... apples to apples, is it? I don't think that anybody can reasonably doubt Apple's ability to produce a phone, whatever secrets it may contain. There can be some reasonable doubts about a cloud mining company that doesn't have a single block to show for it. I don't care about the "nuts and bolts" of the hashlet aside from just a technical curiosity, but I do care about the long term sustainability of the business model, and so far this ticks all the wrong boxes.

I think we have roughly the same concern but I'm just far more skeptical.
legendary

120 MH/s for 600 bucks  in december is very different from 100 MH/s for 2000 bucks, regardless of market evolution. And the reseling of hashlets is no more guaranteed than the reseling of any other miners.

Added that.

It would be interesting to calculate estimate if you'd have had a return of the difference by the shippingdate of the L1's.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Thanks for your replies and Suchmoon i think this is your thread so don't take me as argumentative. I am here to learn.

I know that anyone that buys anything is used to seeing the earnings drop over time ... i have my own mining going on - not big scale but enough hashing and sha256 to know what you can earn with roughly the same amount of hash as a hashlet. I started to join the same pools that they advertise the solo hashlets as utilising.

What do you call verifiable - i think your concern is you can't trace it and watch it like you can with your own miner. Sure i would also like to configure mine and join them to pools myself but this means controllers need to be able to manage that. The world of product makers trying to be like Steve Jobs and make some sleek looking simple product that does things in a simple way can be infuriating to people who want to look at the nuts and bolts.

So we bought some hashlets - now we own them. For me it will take more than 1 month to form a judgement if i am on the way to an ROI - but what is more interesting is just how long GAW stays in business and when they upgrade their hashlets - if ever. The minute they start selling the 2 MHash product for the same price once payed for 1MHash and don't upgrade the old product would be the same minute they disprove "obsolete proof". Until then its a waiting game.

I am used to business practices being dodgy at start ups ... i just imagine i am there trying to do what they claim to be and how it goes for them.

Cheers

It wouldn't be obsolete just because a better product comes along that gives 2mh vice 1. That's the risk with hashlets vice the prime. They don't get upgrades and it's known when you purchase.

My interpretation of obsolete (in the mining world) is if it returns negative value. Granted the 2mh Prime upgrade would produce more revenue, it really has no affect on the other hashlets since it's an entirely different product. As long as they are making more than they are taking from maintenance fees they are  not obsolete.

I think the term obsolete gets too readily used in this mining industry and it's use is typically inaccurate.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Cheers
MOB
Activity: 493
Merit: 504
All he has to is sell it, my math may be a bit off but the point remains. My point was buying something now is better than waiting till Dec - and yes he can ROI by that point if he sells it. Plus extra.

Don't really mind if you don't believe me or fall into this is a scam theory. Assuming things go as they have been - he will most definitely make money.

Being able to sell it profitably is by no means guaranteed, especially with the fixed price "market" that we have now. Nobody is buying my wafflet for a week now and I wouldn't be so sure that the same thing can't happen to ZenHashlet if the price stays the same and earnings continue to drop.

This. No guarantees it will sell, so if your entire strategy depends on mining 25% then selling for 80%, then one could get in some hot water.  If 100MH is selling for ~$600 in December, then nobody will be buying it for $2000 in December. Not even coolaid drinkers. GAW is already seeing a lot of money going toward LTC Gear.

The 80% requirement on Zenpool will become a millstone for people willing to sell for 50%, 40%--anything--to try to not lose money. Why not let the market decide what a hashlet is worth? It should be about 1% less each day to an informed buyer.

(hint: if GAW allowed that then Josh could no longer brag about bringing "ROI" back)
legendary
All he has to is sell it, my math may be a bit off but the point remains. My point was buying something now is better than waiting till Dec - and yes he can ROI by that point if he sells it. Plus extra.

Don't really mind if you don't believe me or fall into this is a scam theory. Assuming things go as they have been - he will most definitely make money.

Being able to sell it profitably is by no means guaranteed, especially with the fixed price "market" that we have now. Nobody is buying my wafflet for a week now and I wouldn't be so sure that the same thing can't happen to ZenHashlet if the price stays the same and earnings continue to drop.
Activity: 462
GAW has been operating for over 6 months and had thousands of clients. I can assure you they are not a scam.
Good luck, with your S3 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
What difference does it make if it's a $2000 or a $20.95 investment? 1 MH/s has the same chance of ROI as 100 MH/s. But to your point, no, it won't ROI unless something drastically positive happens (i.e. Bitcoin exchange rate moves up, profitability goes up, maintenance goes down). At current rates ZenHashlet earns less than 1% per day, and with the Titans hiking up LTC difficulty this might get worse.

Ok, that was my point. I know pre ordering is a very risky business but the price difference is appalling!

120 MH/s for 600 bucks is very different from 100 MH/s for 2000 bucks, regardless of market evolution. And the reseling of hashlets is no more guaranteed than the reseling of any other miners.

I don't know if GAW is a scam and I don't want to get into that debate.

Anyway, for the time being I’ll stick to my Antminers S3 and wait for further developments in the scrypt world.
Jump to: