Author

Topic: GAW ZenCloud ZenPool Hashlet - does it really exist? ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :-) - page 167. (Read 262906 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
Will you morons stop investing in gawminers?

We all know you'd love that. GAW with their low prices is bad for your flexshit business.
There's a great thread where you show your true colors.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760175.new#new

Activity: 595
Merit: 506
I'm just gonna stick to the hashlet primes, more pool/mining options and more chance to beat difficulty.
Activity: 854
Merit: 510
Will you morons stop investing in gawminers? There is no profit to be made unless its a ponzi scheme.
If there was profit to be made, Josh wouldn't be selling hash to customers ...
By your logic, no one would ever sell anything.   The world doesn't work that way.
Activity: 854
Merit: 510
I sold my hashlets yesterday, but noticed I have no payout now for today Wink

Since we are paid about 16 hours after we "mine," there should have been one.  Contacting support...let's see how much of a hassle this is.

GAW certainly does not do details well.

How exactly did you "sell" your hashlets??  I haven't seen any exchange or market to sell them....Please elaborate
There is an informal exchange on hashtalk.org and a formal transfer process.   People agree on price and typically an escrow agent is used.   Escrow gets the BTC, Hashlets are transferred and then escrow releases the BTC.   There have been many transactions like this.   
Activity: 408
Merit: 250
I sold my hashlets yesterday, but noticed I have no payout now for today Wink

Since we are paid about 16 hours after we "mine," there should have been one.  Contacting support...let's see how much of a hassle this is.

GAW certainly does not do details well.

How exactly did you "sell" your hashlets??  I haven't seen any exchange or market to sell them....Please elaborate
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
They have to make sure they leave enough time to warrant the difference in price from batch one to batch two. Otherwise they will have to deal with complaints from people upset that there was not enough benefit to ordering the batch ones.
Activity: 323
Ok, the announcement is there, I think I'll be updating the OP tomorrow.

I don't quite understand the pricing though. $1 per GH/s is quite steep. $0.02 maintenance per 10 GH/s per day adds up to $0.06 per GH/s per month. If I plug those numbers into any Bitcoin calculator it will never ROI if diff increase is 6% or more. Am I missing anything? Is there ZenPool for SHA256 that pays 50% extra?

I wouldn't doubt they have sha zenpool coming. They need/want to be "better" than everyone else, it would follow that with a sha hashlet, zenpool would go with it.

I just want my vb 2s to start hashing. Then I'll be a happy camper.

You didn't take them up on the convert to hashlets offer?
Batch 2s haven't even been notified of what is to happen with their hardware ...Vaporware .... Grin
I'm inclined to agree at this point.

Timeline:
Aug 23 - Josh promised to take care of Batch 2s 2 weeks after the VB1-> Hashlet conversion. Conversion form submitted.
Aug 25 - Some codes sent out, deactivated/reactivated issue.
Aug 28 - Final activation of virtual hashrate was finally finished being handed out around Aug 28.

Expected timeline would be for VB2 to receive information around now, and get it all spun up by Sept 11. Mistakes will happen somewhere in the activation process.
ZiG
Activity: 406

I don't quite understand the pricing though. $1 per GH/s is quite steep. $0.02 maintenance per 10 GH/s per day adds up to $0.06 per GH/s per month. If I plug those numbers into any Bitcoin calculator it will never ROI if diff increase is 6% or more. Am I missing anything? Is there ZenPool for SHA256 that pays 50% extra?

I wouldn't doubt they have sha zenpool coming. They need/want to be "better" than everyone else, it would follow that with a sha hashlet, zenpool would go with it.

Batch 2s haven't even been notified of what is to happen with their hardware ...Vaporware .... Grin
Activity: 323

Batch 2s haven't even been notified of what is to happen with their hardware.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
That link does not seem to load.

Anyway, if they mine at 40GH, but with the usual 25% fee then it would take ~61 days to ROI on a $15.99 hashlet.  Same as scrypt.

edit: is hashtalk down again??  Weird how they can't get a webpage to stay up but are all Mr. Business all over the mining industry.

How did you get 60 days? What's the diff increase % in your calculation?

It depends on how you do the math. If you base it on straight BTC in BTC out you have 1 estimated time to 100%+ROI. If you base it on USD in BTC->USD out, you could be looking at a much shorter 100% roi time if/when btc goes vertical again.

As I always say in these cases, if I wanted to bet on BTC going vertical, I'd be better off buying BTC - no need to involve the extra risk of mining. Same way, if I buy a miner I prefer to calculate my ROI without involving the exchange rate risk. So straight BTC = no ROI, am I right? (ok, < 100% ROI for you pedants out there Smiley ) Is there anything I'm missing in the announcement. some secret sauce, private rentals, stuff like that?

All true. I would add one more thing though, I believe strongly that the difficulty increases are near leveling off. We have hit the smallest die for quite some time. Buying hardware or cloud in this case, is a long term bet that you will mine more with the hardware than if you bought btc.

One of the replies from josh sparked a thought I should have had by now. Cloud mining is a way for the average person to "buy" btc with a CC, they don't need to get setup with an exchange, wire money, send a MO, etc, they simply buy some hashlets with the visa or mastercard and starting the next day they have BTC they can use to transact with.

Disclaimer: The above referenced "hashlet" is used as a general term for any service offering cloud mining purchasable with a credit/debit card.
The use of the word "hashlet" is in no way an endorsement of any services offered by the gaw/zen company. The "hashlets" are to be used at your own risk, I am not responsible if during the use of "hashlets" your dog runs away, your wife leaves you or a tsunami steals your child.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Anyway, if they mine at 40GH, but with the usual 25% fee then it would take ~61 days to ROI on a $15.99 hashlet.  Same as scrypt.

edit: is hashtalk down again??  Weird how they can't get a webpage to stay up but are all Mr. Business all over the mining industry.

It depends on how you do the math. If you base it on straight BTC in BTC out you have 1 estimated time to 100%+ROI. If you base it on USD in BTC->USD out, you could be looking at a much shorter 100% roi time if/when btc goes vertical again.

As I always say in these cases, if I wanted to bet on BTC going vertical, I'd be better off buying BTC - no need to involve the extra risk of mining. Same way, if I buy a miner I prefer to calculate my ROI without involving the exchange rate risk. So straight BTC = no ROI, am I right? (ok, < 100% ROI for you pedants out there Smiley ) Is there anything I'm missing in the announcement. some secret sauce, private rentals, stuff like that?
legendary

legendary

edit: is hashtalk down again??  Weird how they can't get a webpage to stay up but are all Mr. Business all over the mining industry.

Activity: 280

legendary
You have an estimated payout on 10gh? or do they do it by 1gh for SHA?

I don't have any either.

edit - and hashtalk goes DOWWWWWN

The "rates" page doesn't say, but since its based in mhs for scrypt I am assuming the rates are in ghs for sha.

BTC Average Payouts
Name   Average Payout
NiceHash SHA256   0.00002780 BTC
BTC Guild   0.00001834 BTC
GHASH.IO   0.00001834 BTC
Multipool.us SHA256   0.00001690 BTC
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

legendary

You have an estimated payout on 10gh? or do they do it by 1gh for SHA?

I don't have any either.

edit - and hashtalk goes DOWWWWWN
legendary
Ok, the announcement is here, I think I'll be updating the OP tomorrow.

All good questions... Not much info has been given so people are purchasing blindly... I'm sure there is something to it though.

I had a spare 10$ sitting in one of my accounts so I bought 10ghs, just so that ghs stat wasn't empty anymore on the UI.
Ok, the announcement is here, I think I'll be updating the OP tomorrow.

All good questions... Not much info has been given so people are purchasing blindly... I'm sure there is something to it though.
Jump to: