Author

Topic: GAW ZenCloud ZenPool Hashlet - does it really exist? ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :-) - page 181. (Read 262906 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
The current visible red-flag is the loosey-goosey variable payout schedule.

The fact it keeps sliding later and later, and doesn't pay out  (until hours later) even when it's listed as "paid-out" is basically the equivalent of payouts "have stopped", imo.

This resembles that "mortgage derivatives" that just recently hosed a lot of people. Just doesn't give off the stringent accounting system reputation required for such a financial set up.

I can confirm that as well, payouts slip, sometimes for multiple days. They've given out "free" miners to customers (1-2 mh/s) to make up for any issues, which is another issue. Suppose you have 500 customers and you give out 500 mh/s... how does that impact your payout?  The whole thing is odd.

Activity: 178
Merit: 100
The current visible red-flag is the loosey-goosey variable payout schedule.

The fact it keeps sliding later and later, and doesn't pay out  (until hours later) even when it's listed as "paid-out" is basically the equivalent of payouts "have stopped", imo.

This resembles that "mortgage derivatives" that just recently hosed a lot of people. Just doesn't give off the stringent accounting system reputation required for such a financial set up.
legendary
SpacePirate.io
They aren't... I was told they were asked to use a 3rd party gateway service such as "Authorize.net" rather than "Shopify payments" for processing credit cards.  Unfortunately, my payment was processed with "Shopify Payments" which was supposedly disconnected from their store. I was also told they've been "put on warning" about their store in general, but I wasn't told any specifics about what that meant. Your guess is as good as mine.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
rdyoung gets it, these gaw people are up to no good.  I'm still waiting on my physical miners to get shipped to me, tech support is in suspended animation "Awaiting your Reply since last 4 days 2 hrs" asking for a tracking number.

As a side note, from another thread, I contacted their hosting provider Shopify, they've had multiple serious complaints about them. One guy I spoke to on the phone said they've had the authorities contact them as well, which he said was unusual given that they didn't have any problems with GAW until about a month ago.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to help out with payments, as the site is in violation of our Terms of Service, section B.5 ("Prohibited Businesses"). Specifically, we are unable to accept payments for Crypto Currency Services as described here: http://www.shopify.com/legal/terms-payments-us

These restrictions come from our banking partners, and so sadly we have no flexibility here. It's frustrating for us to have to turn away businesses, but in this case our hands are tied.

Regards,
Christopher
Risk Operations // Shopify

If GAWMiners is in violation of Shopify's TOS why are they still allowed to use Shopify to process payments?
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
rdyoung gets it, these gaw people are up to no good.  I'm still waiting on my physical miners to get shipped to me, tech support is in suspended animation "Awaiting your Reply since last 4 days 2 hrs" asking for a tracking number.

As a side note, from another thread, I contacted their hosting provider Shopify, they've had multiple serious complaints about them. One guy I spoke to on the phone said they've had the authorities contact them as well, which he said was unusual given that they didn't have any problems with GAW until about a month ago.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to help out with payments, as the site is in violation of our Terms of Service, section B.5 ("Prohibited Businesses"). Specifically, we are unable to accept payments for Crypto Currency Services as described here: http://www.shopify.com/legal/terms-payments-us

These restrictions come from our banking partners, and so sadly we have no flexibility here. It's frustrating for us to have to turn away businesses, but in this case our hands are tied.

Regards,
Christopher

This is likely why they are moving everything into zencloud.

As to their support, I think they have only 2 people running it. 1 Amber seems to want to help people, the other one, Brian, not sure what his deal is. I have had to rma 2 of the furies I bought, 1 of them ended up going in circles because I mailed it to the address at the end of their rma process, when I finally got it sorted, the one I got back works like a charm. The 2nd one however is a different story, I think brian got it it work for a minute or so, so he stuck a QA sticker on it and mailed it back. When I contacted them again that it wasn't working, he wanted me to flash a different os on my pi to see if it would work. I refused because starminer is running the other 2 like clockwork. After a decent rant of a response he sent me another rma shipping label so I could mail it back. I made sure to mark this one in a way so I can tell if I get it back instead of a new one.
legendary
SpacePirate.io

Regards,
Christopher

legendary
Already read lots of posts and it seems like nobody knows how payouts are calculated. What I'm extremely afraid of is to put money in Hashlets and experience the same of what happened to my Scrypt miners: payouts fell dramatically in a matter of days and never ROI'd. At least with BTC, we can minimally observe and forecast upcoming difficulty.

What guarantees that the pool contracts cited as one of the source of those payouts will continue to be honored by those who sign them it up until the point there's positive ROI? Maybe they were paid in advance to cover a long contract duration so as to guarantee payouts? That would seem unlikely and highly risky by those people.

Can we conclusively say that Hashlet payouts are better than BTC payouts per $1 invested?

Are there any guaranteed contracts on the market? I highly doubt it. There was a thread made by a company that supposedly holds the equivalent of your investment in silver but it comes down to the same point where you have to trust them with your money.

BTC investment? I tried that before and bought some when the price was close to $600. Everybody kept saying that it's really cheap  Undecided So my payouts from BTC investment are negative.

Nobody "has" to trust them. This is a little bit more than your regular faith. Sure. I can trust them more as I collect some minimal information first so I can base my decision on with a little more clarity just like with the risk of any other standard vendor. Hashlet is quite unique as we all know.

Here you are not buying BTC, you are MINING so that's an entirely different animal. I'm just referring about 2 different mining scenarios, not buying vs mining vs something else.

Except all signs point to WE are NOT mining. IF we take josh at face value, he is renting out the hardware and someone is willing to pay 50%+ over the going rate for that hardware. So its a LOT more than your average faith. Take pyramining for example, he got hit hard by the diff going vertical when asics hit and has been unable to keep up, I have a decent amount of money invested with him, but when he has been around to converse and answer questions he has been extremely open about how things work. While breaking even with him is taking alot longer than I would like, he has built up trust through action. Josh has done the reverse, he wouldn't answer questions and when you prod too hard you get banned for something innocuous so they can act like that was the reason. He finally did answer but he checked off every possible income stream, it doesnt add up.
Activity: 408
Already read lots of posts and it seems like nobody knows how payouts are calculated. What I'm extremely afraid of is to put money in Hashlets and experience the same of what happened to my Scrypt miners: payouts fell dramatically in a matter of days and never ROI'd. At least with BTC, we can minimally observe and forecast upcoming difficulty.

What guarantees that the pool contracts cited as one of the source of those payouts will continue to be honored by those who sign them it up until the point there's positive ROI? Maybe they were paid in advance to cover a long contract duration so as to guarantee payouts? That would seem unlikely and highly risky by those people.

Can we conclusively say that Hashlet payouts are better than BTC payouts per $1 invested?

Are there any guaranteed contracts on the market? I highly doubt it. There was a thread made by a company that supposedly holds the equivalent of your investment in silver but it comes down to the same point where you have to trust them with your money.

BTC investment? I tried that before and bought some when the price was close to $600. Everybody kept saying that it's really cheap  Undecided So my payouts from BTC investment are negative.

Nobody "has" to trust them. This is a little bit more than your regular faith. Sure. I can trust them more as I collect some minimal information first so I can base my decision on with a little more clarity just like with the risk of any other standard vendor. Hashlet is quite unique as we all know.

Here you are not buying BTC, you are MINING so that's an entirely different animal. I'm just referring about 2 different mining scenarios, not buying vs mining vs something else.
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
Query to the hashlet miners..

Put in a support request asking them for the Coins and Blocks that your miner found.

They should be able to provide this.

Also put in a request for them to display one or two days after - which coins they were mining, and the blocks they had found.

They should be able to provide this.

Or... maybe they can just put in their BUY/SELL sheet from the exchanges that they day-trade on with their trained business people...

they have said that they will not provide it as that's what gives them advantage.
obviously, that could go either way, but this is what inpires distrust in a lot of people
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

tl;dr: No

We simply don't know what risk factors are involved with hashlets. For example if you buy a SHA256 miner there are several variables to consider:

Purchase price - known in advance
Maintenance/electricity cost - known in advance, unlikely to change
Mining revenue (difficulty)
Bitcoin exchange rate
Risk of equipment failure

With hashlets we have:

Purchase price - known in advance
Maintenance/electricity cost - known ATM, may change
Mining revenue (difficulty) - ?
Bitcoin exchange rate
Risk of equipment failure - none
Risk of the whole thing going south - ?

We don't even know if difficulty has any effect on earnings, and if it does, which coin's difficulty that would be? Bitcoin? Litecoin? If there are any other revenue risks (private rentals whatever that means) then we are even more in the dark.

We also don't know which way the maintenance cost is going to go, presumably down based on promises, but T&C says "up or down", and even if it always goes down it doesn't mean much without having any insight into the revenue side.

One thing hashlets have over physical miners is the risk of equipment failure, which I'm assuming would be none (or covered by the maintenance fee or whatever).
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1007
Payouts are all in here, "4 hours ago". So could be between 3 and 5 Wink
legendary

What guarantees that the pool contracts cited as one of the source of those payouts will continue to be honored by those who sign them it up until the point there's positive ROI?

There never were pool contracts. The pools used are in name only, they don't mean a thing. They are not mining on those pools and if you read what josh has said, they aren't even mining in there supposed zenpool. They are simultaneously doing everything you possibly can do to make money from money, it is beyond reason and another reason a few of us think the hashlets are running on a ponzi type payout scheme.
Activity: 408

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Anyone else not receive their payout in Zenpool today?  Both of my accounts show it as posted, but neither actually have the BTC.

Same for me last 3-4 days, just wait 2-4 hours and it's there.. voila.
Activity: 285
Give it a few hours. I have noticed that once the payouts are posted takes a while for your balance to update. Don't worry about it.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Anyone else not receive their payout in Zenpool today?  Both of my accounts show it as posted, but neither actually have the BTC.

Same here. It's not the first time though, that thing is "untransactional", it doesn't update everything at once. Should sort itself out in about an hour.
MOB
Activity: 493
Merit: 504
Anyone else not receive their payout in Zenpool today?  Both of my accounts show it as posted, but neither actually have the BTC.

edit: Yea, you guys are right.  It is showing now.  I hasn't done that to me before, but whatever! Back to playing with BURST Wink
legendary
Any of you guys own one of those once expensive units like A2 or War machine?

I own a few A2's. whatsup?
Saw some of you say smaller miners are still far from ROI, I was wondering how big machines are doing.

It depends on the specs of the machine. I believe all of the gaw gen a miners, IE, fury, blackwidow, warmachine, were based on the same chip design running at the same wattage per chip, so your cost of operation is linear, the only difference is the cost per mh, you paid a little bit less with the larger machines.
legendary
SpacePirate.io

Yes, I own a bunch of them... I'll be lucky if any of them ever show up. I had them hosted and requested a shipment, but so far no tracking number.  What I do get is lots of advertisements in email to buy ponzilets and someone will address my issue in the next 24 hours.  I contacted Shopify (where gaw is running their shopping cart) and was told that gaw violates their service agreement for selling virtual currency services.  Some people report getting them after the free hosting, but they arrive in terrible condition or broken. If you get one, don't opt for the free hosting, that where everything goes to shit. It was so bad, they don't even offering the free hosting anymore on most of the machines you can buy from them.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

I own a few A2's. whatsup?
Jump to: