Pages:
Author

Topic: [GB] USB ASIC miner - closed and completed - page 2. (Read 151413 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 253
Hi guys,

I also have a rasperry pi and I have an anker usb 3.0 hub.

Is it possible to make them work with usb asicminers?

Regards,
ilpirata79
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
@alibert, @fhh: wait, you said you used the ztex driver ? I was advised everywhere to use the icarus driver! Did you compile your cgminer without icarus support, and with ztex, and it worked out of the box ? Please advise!

I used Icarus and Sheevaplug, not ztex
Activity: 157
Merit: 102
Always remember to be awesome.
so, I had no luck with cgminer, but bfgminer just worked for me! I'm already hashing Cheesy
Activity: 714
Merit: 601
@alibert, @fhh: wait, you said you used the ztex driver ? I was advised everywhere to use the icarus driver! Did you compile your cgminer without icarus support, and with ztex, and it worked out of the box ? Please advise!

@alibert I tested with both btcguild and slush. It doesn't seem to be a pool problem...

@OutCast3k: I gave up on the Pogoplug NAS, not on the miners Smiley I made them work on a testing Windows box!

So now I've assembled a second Linux desktop, for running these miners. It's not working with cgminer 3.2, the miners become IDLE/ZOMBIE after some time. Since on Windows it worked perfectly I know it's not an issue with the miners.

Will try to compile cgminer 3.3.1, and if it fails too, bfgminer... It's impressively hard to make these things work!

Ah! Ok, well that's good to hear, happy mining Smiley

@alibert I tested with both btcguild and slush. It doesn't seem to be a pool problem...

@OutCast3k: I gave up on the Pogoplug NAS, not on the miners Smiley I made them work on a testing Windows box!

So now I've assembled a second Linux desktop, for running these miners. It's not working with cgminer 3.2, the miners become IDLE/ZOMBIE after some time. Since on Windows it worked perfectly I know it's not an issue with the miners.

Will try to compile cgminer 3.3.1, and if it fails too, bfgminer... It's impressively hard to make these things work!

wow, that's awesome!

Mine will keep saying "Work stale due to stratum job_id mismatch";  "Discarded work", and "Discarded 2 stales that didn't match current hash"... and it won't submit a single share.

sticks get super hot, and the Gh/s indicator goes up and everything, but it just won't work.

I've done everything I could, spend the full day today trying to make this work ... so now I gave up...

Which pool do you use? Tried another?
wow, that's awesome!

Mine will keep saying "Work stale due to stratum job_id mismatch";  "Discarded work", and "Discarded 2 stales that didn't match current hash"... and it won't submit a single share.

sticks get super hot, and the Gh/s indicator goes up and everything, but it just won't work.

I've done everything I could, spend the full day today trying to make this work ... so now I gave up...

Give me SSH access to your box via PM if you want (or add me to gtalk), and I'll give it a go. I hate to see someone wait so long and then give up.

*Edit* Second thoughts, I'll probably need root, choice is yours. *shrug*
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
http://mos-eisley.de/Bildschirmfoto-Terminal-20060705-1.png

Jedesmal beim Starten von bfgminer bekomme ich nacheinander für jeden USB ASICMiner die obige Fehlermeldung angezeigt ("Seems too slow..."). Was hat das zu bedeuten und welche Auswirkungen hat das? Ich starte den bfgminer mit den folgenden Parametern:

bfgminer --no-getwork --no-longpoll --url http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 --user USERID --pass PASSWORD -S all

Kann ich mir in bfgminer die Temperatur der USB Sticks irgendwie anzeigen lassen oder mit Hilfe von einem anderen Programm?
lol if they really did I would never have received my miner!

anyone managed to get cgminer 3.3.1 working with the miners ?

yes:)

sheeva plug with some of them + ztex
yust plug and hash

if not out of the box look at the asic-readme of cgminer

Same Smiley Sheevaplug ftw!
wow, that's awesome!

Mine will keep saying "Work stale due to stratum job_id mismatch";  "Discarded work", and "Discarded 2 stales that didn't match current hash"... and it won't submit a single share.

fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

yes:)

sheeva plug with some of them + ztex
yust plug and hash

if not out of the box look at the asic-readme of cgminer
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
you dont need the serial driver with 3.3.1
also shows nothing Sad
yxt
legendary
sudo ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* ?

EDIT: If you want to mine with R-Pi: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137934.0;topicseen
I tried that. But ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* gives me nothing Sad

Not tried 3.3.1 myself but I can confirm this guide mentioned earlier works fine if you are having issues  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2377084

customs ... they just let packages sit for weeks before clearing them Smiley
yxt
legendary
wow that was slow delivery  Cry

Was it because of mail or customs Huh

anyway happy hashing