Pages:
Author

Topic: [GB] USB ASIC miner - closed and completed - page 7. (Read 151413 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
"If you reach the total volume of 1,000 USB sticks, price is dropped to 0.89 each and we will pay back the price difference of all your historic transaction of USB sticks."

kann mir das mal jemand übersetzen? bedeutet das, wenn yxt 1000 sticks ordert, er den differenzpreis für die letzen über 300 stück erstattet bekommt?

So lautet das Angebot von "friedcat" ... also retour mit der Differenz !
Activity: 251
"If you reach the total volume of 1,000 USB sticks, price is dropped to 0.89 each and we will pay back the price difference of all your historic transaction of USB sticks."

kann mir das mal jemand übersetzen? bedeutet das, wenn yxt 1000 sticks ordert, er den differenzpreis für die letzen über 300 stück erstattet bekommt?
Activity: 279
Muss dann jetzt wer einen neuen Groupbuy organisieren um auf die 0.89 BTC über yxt zu kommen?
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
A group buy with 1000 Huh

Sorry, but you can't even handle one with 100 Grin

Endlich haben die Sticks einen Marktgerechten Preis. Gogo Yxt ! mach mal was ! Wink
Oder hast Du schon Lagerware ? Cheesy
Activity: 294
A group buy with 1000 Huh

Sorry, but you can't even handle one with 100 Grin
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
well yxt,
you should organize a group buy of 1000 units at least since their price would be 0.89 each!!!!
 Wink
thanks!
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
Hello @ll,

you can buy directly, no minimum
they will be in stock within the EU

friedcats update was a little bit surprising for me.
There are still a few things to clarify.
Must first talk to him and my business partner tomorrow

so pls give me a few days, thx

best yxt
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
New Sales Policy

Customers in EU, Switzerland and North Europe non-EU countries Please contact forum member yxt, whose RRP is agreed by us.

Customers in the rest of the world
Minimum Order Volume of 50 USB sticks. Price of 0.99 each. 2% sent as redundancy (not in warranty). Shipping is free.

If you reach the total volume of 1,000 USB sticks, price is dropped to 0.89 each and we will pay back the price difference of all your historic transaction of USB sticks.

If we get an excluding deal with resellers in some certain countries we will stop directly supply USBs towards there, as in the case of China zone,

yxt, are you going to organize a new groupbuy or will you only handle bulk order with 50 sticks ?
Please, please, please, yxt, as I need to buy another USB Gizmo and the price now would be lower...  Wink
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!
New Sales Policy

Customers in EU, Switzerland and North Europe non-EU countries Please contact forum member yxt, whose RRP is agreed by us.

Customers in the rest of the world
Minimum Order Volume of 50 USB sticks. Price of 0.99 each. 2% sent as redundancy (not in warranty). Shipping is free.

If you reach the total volume of 1,000 USB sticks, price is dropped to 0.89 each and we will pay back the price difference of all your historic transaction of USB sticks.

If we get an excluding deal with resellers in some certain countries we will stop directly supply USBs towards there, as in the case of China zone,

yxt, are you going to organize a new groupbuy or will you only handle bulk order with 50 sticks ?
Activity: 186
PiMiner!
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/4243

Pi mit integriertem Hub und LCD Screen!
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
yes, sorry... will reply later
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
yxt, are my pm-s coming thru?
Activity: 188
thanks for sharing. it didn't work either. i guess it's my hub that messes up.
Activity: 476
Weird, I have 2 USB 3 hubs connected to my Pi, working perfect (8 usb miners running from it, 1 ztex fpga, and 1 bfl fpga)

Shocked

what distro and what hub if i may ask?

Raspbian - http://www.cumps.be/btc for the image Smiley

Ex-sys 1157HMVS
http://www.exsys.ch/download/catalog/ex_1187HMVS.pdf
http://www.exsys.ch/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=819&language=en&zenid=c8e7ec856a737f83

Powered of an ATX 12V power supply Smiley

The Pi itself is also powered from it

How they look: http://users.telenet.be/tr/btc/Miner4.png
Weird, I have 2 USB 3 hubs connected to my Pi, working perfect (8 usb miners running from it, 1 ztex fpga, and 1 bfl fpga)

Shocked

what distro and what hub if i may ask?
Activity: 476
aye, let's see then.

edit : nop. nor raspbian wheezy nor archlinux works with USB 3.0 hub on rpi. Damn!

aye, let's see then.

edit : nop. nor raspbian wheezy nor archlinux works with USB 3.0 hub on rpi. Damn!
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
Does arch on rpi support a usb 3.0 hub ?

Unfortunately I'm not able to test it as I do not own a USB 3.0 hub. However, the 3.6.11 kernel should support USB 3.0 hubs, in general... Lips sealed
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
Update June 23rd - some additional stuff at the bottom.
Update June 24th - added how to update cgminer.

Mr. postman brought a second Raspberry today. Time to mess around with cgminer 3.2.2 and Block Erupter USBs. Wink jFYI, as expected it's working fine with Arch Linux, no SICK- or ZOMBIE-issues as seen on Raspbian wheezy. If you're interested and give it a shot, here you go... 30 minutes fun!

Download the latest Arch Linux image for your Raspberry:
http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/images/archlinuxarm/archlinux-hf-2013-06-15/archlinux-hf-2013-06-15.img.zip

Extract the zip file and write the img-file with e.g. Win32 Disk Imager on your SD card. Eject the SD card and insert it into your Raspberry, connect your Block Erupter USB(s) as well, power the Raspberry on.

Wait a minute, login as user root with password root.

Give your puppy a cute host name:
Code:
hostnamectl set-hostname erupterpi

Perform a system upgrade (confirm with y if asked):
Code:
pacman -Syu

Install some packages we'll need (confirm with y if asked):
Code:
pacman -S git autoconf automake pkg-config gcc make screen

Clone cgminer from git:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git

Install cgminer (you might add additional configuration options for other devices in row 3, e.g. --enable-avalon):
Code:
cd cgminer
CFLAGS="-O2 -W -Wall"
./autogen.sh --enable-icarus
make clean
make install
cd ..

You're done. Use screen as usual, fire up cgminer, type in your pool, username, password, write the config-file, whatever you prefer at this point and see your cuties hashing. Smiley

Side note: With cgminer up an running this Linux is using ~55-60 MB RAM and it looks like there is no swap file used at all. Guess the SD card will last much longer than using Raspbian wheezy... Shocked

Updates June 23rd and 24th
As I've received several PMs with questions regarding Arch Linux, please find below some additional information that might help. Smiley

1) Wi-Fi setup
2) Autostart cgminer
3) Run a watchdog (automatic restart of your Raspberry in case it's stuck for any reason)
4) Update cgminer

Everything tested an running smoothly so far.

1) Wifi
Assuming that you're using a known as Raspberry compatible USB Wi-Fi adapter.

Connect the Wi-Fi adapter to your Raspberry, wait a minute. Create a config-file for your wireless network:
Code:
wifi-menu -o

This will start a little application. Select your wireless network (SSID) and enter the passphrase. The application will write a config-file in /etc/netctl. The name should be wlan0-YOURSSID. You can check if the file was created and it's name as well:
Code:
dir /etc/netctl

Now you can start your Wi-Fi connection and enable it:
Code:
netctl start wlan0-YOURSSID
netctl enable wlan0-YOURSSID

That's it.

2) Autostart cgminer
Ok, would be nice if cgminer starts automatically after rebooting your Raspberry? Here we go.

Before following the next steps, please make sure you've already tested cgminer is working fine in general on your Raspberry and you've written a config-file (to /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf) with your pool settings using cgminer's menu. Ensure that cgminer is not running at the moment.

Create a service-file with nano:
Code:
nano /usr/lib/systemd/system/mycgminer.service

Copy & paste the following:
Code:
[Unit]
Description=mycgminer
Requires=ntpd.service
After=network.service

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /usr/local/bin/cgminer -c /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf
ExecEnd=/usr/bin/screen -r miner -X quit

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Exit nano and save the file.

Enable and start the service:
Code:
systemctl enable mycgminer.service
systemctl start mycgminer.service

Please note it can take up to five minutes till cgminer starts (same when rebooting the Raspberry), be a little bit patient. Wink

Use screen -r miner to reattach the cgminer screen.

3) Run a watchdog (automatic restart of your Raspberry in case it's stuck for any reason)
You've used your Raspberry for nasty things and it's stuck? Too lazy to enter the second floor or basement fiddling around with the Raspberry power cable? Whoop, here we go!

Install the watchdog:
Code:
pacman -S watchdog

Configure the watchdog... Well, here it depends what kind of stuff you would like to monitor. You might e.g. add a ping to your router if your Wi-Fi connection is not stable etc. Please check man watchdog.conf for available options.

I've just enables the max-load-1 option, this means the Raspberry will restart in case it's stuck/under heavy load for some reason.

Modify the watchdog configuration-file using nano:
Code:
nano /etc/watchdog.conf

Remove the leading hash from options/features you would like to enable, e.g.:
Code:
# Uncomment to enable test. Setting one of these values to '0' disables it.
# These values will hopefully never reboot your machine during normal use
# (if your machine is really hung, the loadavg will go much higher than 25)
max-load-1              = 24
#max-load-5             = 18
#max-load-15            = 12

Exit nano and save the file.

Enable and start the service:
Code:
systemctl enable watchdog.service
systemctl start watchdog.service

If you want to test the watchdog, throw a fork bomb. Grin Your Raspberry should restart after some minutes.

4) Update cgminer
A new cgminer release is availble and you want to install it? No problem.

Notes: It's a good idea to create a backup of your Raspberry SD card before following the next steps, just in case... The command in row #1 will upgrade your whole system. This is not necessary at this point in time, but maybe a good idea. Remember if you have added additional configuration options for other devices (e.g. --enable-avalon), please add them again in row #7.

Code:
pacman -Syu
cd /root
rm -r cgminer
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git
cd cgminer
CFLAGS="-O2 -W -Wall"
./autogen.sh --enable-icarus
make clean
systemctl stop mycgminer.service
make install
systemctl start mycgminer.service