Pages:
Author

Topic: Gekko - a javascript trading bot and backtesting platform - page 2. (Read 147818 times)

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

I downloaded the stable release and now I get: TypeError: Cannot read property 'log' of undefined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i've been trying to get this running for a week now and it's sapping my will to live!

flux

That again has been fixed.. sorry about that. See here: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/pull/1824

I would recommend downloading a stable release from here instead of using the develop version (unless you are a developer). Download that from here: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/releases
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

I downloaded the stable release and now I get: TypeError: Cannot read property 'log' of undefined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i've been trying to get this running for a week now and it's sapping my will to live!

flux
Quote from: whydifficult link=topic=209149.msg29303829#msg29303829 date=1517396299

[/quote

this was a bug in the latest develop build. You can download a stable version to not have to worry about these things here: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/releases

OR you can download the latest develop, since this bug has been fixed.

Many thanks or your reply, I downloaded the latest develop version over the weekend, I will have another go now though.

Thanks again

flux
I tried to install it on my mac native, but I keep running into the same error: TypeError: _.get is not a function

I have run a formula live paper trading, it gave me decent results on a downtrend and fantastic results on an upward trend.
You need to be able to get a formula that works both ways, just keep experimenting!

this was a bug in the latest develop build. You can download a stable version to not have to worry about these things here: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/releases

OR you can download the latest develop, since this bug has been fixed.
I tried to install it on my mac native, but I keep running into the same error: TypeError: _.get is not a function

I have run a formula live paper trading, it gave me decent results on a downtrend and fantastic results on an upward trend.
You need to be able to get a formula that works both ways, just keep experimenting!
Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
gekko installed no problems on my mac.
i'm going to have to do a shedload of research and backtesting if I want to find a strategy that will work.
Does anyone have a strategy that has worked for them? bearing in mind that we are heading into february, and buying to hold is probably a more sensible option than daytrading?

thanks in advance.
Hi all

I have windows 7 running through parallels on my mac desktop.
I can live paper trade on kraken no problem, but when i come to use the livebot and it tries to make it’s first buy these errors come up.

This is the develop version i downloaded through github over the weekend.

Gekko version: v0.5.13
Nodejs version: v8.9.4
C:\Users\xx\Downloads\gekko-develop\web\routes\startGekko.js:86
    if(event.log)
             ^

TypeError: Cannot read property 'log' of undefined

So… 2 errors keep coming up

1/ [kraken.js] Order:Invalid price:Invalid price argument.

and

2/ TypeError: Cannot read property 'log' of undefined

Anyone else having issues like these?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

flux
Activity: 182
I hadn't realized Gekko was able to do arbitrage and market making, I'll dig into that a little.

You can't, apologies if I wasn't very clear:

With Gekko you can only do TA trading, but I write a ton of trading software (Gekko is open source, my other stuff is private). Over the years I haven't found a single system that was able to return profits time after time.

I use a bunch of trading systems, these include different gekko instances running at different exchanges. The gekko instances use TA strategies to: try and ride trends as well as limit market risk (be sure to get out in case things might crash).
I hadn't realized Gekko was able to do arbitrage and market making, I'll dig into that a little.
Do you make money with Gekko?

Yep, january is pretty hard though (for trend based strategies) since all markets are getting butchered right now.

I do a lot of automated trading (arbitrage, market making and different strategies with Gekko: trend watching as well as some crash risk monitoring). I make enough money with automated trading to sustain myself.
Do you make money with Gekko?

Would someone share an example of a working strategy?
But I couldn't find any (of the included) strategy that made profit.

Gekko is a tool to automate your own strategies, the ones that come with Gekko are examples of how to build your own.

Unfortunately there are no tools you can download for free that will generate money for you Wink
The program is working.

But I couldn't find any (of the included) strategy that made profit.
Somebody can explain please.
I got this result:
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=71b44d-1516801645.png

It says market 553
Simulated profit 605

How i understand:
When hodl i got 553%
When i use this strategy i get 553% and the extra 52% of traiding?

Yep exactly!

whydifficult> Is Gekko working for you?

Yes it is, I made Gekko. What is not working for you?
I think you got it right :-)

Can you share your strategy?
Activity: 8
Somebody can explain please.
I got this result:
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=71b44d-1516801645.png

It says market 553
Simulated profit 605

How i understand:
When hodl i got 553%
When i use this strategy i get 553% and the extra 52% of traiding?
whydifficult> Is Gekko working for you?
Activity: 56
really silent in the forum  Huh

It's new, less than a month old. But you are right, maybe you have more luck in this forum.

I did try this before and I'm not really good at coding so I asked my cousin to do it for me. Sadly, he's not interested with trading during that time so I was been ignored even if I keep insisting. Really glad that I bumped into this thread again and will try my best since I have already an idea.
really silent in the forum  Huh

It's new, less than a month old. But you are right, maybe you have more luck in this forum.
Pages:
Jump to: