Pages:
Author

Topic: Gekko - a javascript trading bot and backtesting platform - page 5. (Read 147818 times)

Cr4
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi Guys, I want to try this out but getting an error with the gmail mailer;

"throw new TypeError('msecs must be a number')"
TypeError: msecs must be a number

Anyone know how to resolve this?
Thanx
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Hi,
so this tradeing bot works or not?   Roll Eyes

Ok installed and running. Now I have to figure out how to set correctly the config file.
I'm new with DEMA, MACD, PPO concept so maybe someone have a good references or can post their own configuration , thanks!
Activity: 700
Hi,
so this tradeing bot works or not?   Roll Eyes
Activity: 770
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
will keep an eye to see if someone gets it working recently...
Activity: 618
Go Bitcoin
hmmm.......testing for 2 weeks and all I get is crashes.........

- re-installed
- disabled add-ons

all same issue...will keep trying... LOL...
Activity: 21
Is anybody still using this? I'm testing it... I was wondering how to get some backtesting data from the past few weeks/months, anybody any tips?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 59
I managed to get it working with bitstamp.
does anyone have a good configuration for the trading? candle length?
thanks
Activity: 5
Hi guys

anyone care to share your advisor setting for BTCe and Bitfinex?

Thank you
Activity: 59
I'm having issues to config Gekko properly. In fact, I'm trying to reproduce the same MACD settings I use on TradingView to monitor the market. For example:

Fast length: xx
Slow length: yy
Signal Smoothing: 9

Now, translating this to Gekko:

config.MACD = {
  short: xx,
  long: yy,
  signal: 9
};

Moreover, I'm using an interval of 30 minutes, and I'm not sure how can I set this in Gekko's configuration. Would it be the "candleSize" property of the tradingAdvisor object?

And more: Gekko advices are very different from the TradingView ones. It's telling me to GO LONG when the price is HIGH and GO SHORT when the price is LOW, most of the time. Does Gekko need some time to analize the market and store prices to advice effectively?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

HI mate,
did you manage to pass the step in which he starts to advice? i am currently stuck there for a week. keep telling it doesnt have enough data.
anyone managed to pass this step?
Activity: 1
I'm having issues to config Gekko properly. In fact, I'm trying to reproduce the same MACD settings I use on TradingView to monitor the market. For example:

Fast length: xx
Slow length: yy
Signal Smoothing: 9

Now, translating this to Gekko:

config.MACD = {
  short: xx,
  long: yy,
  signal: 9
};

Moreover, I'm using an interval of 30 minutes, and I'm not sure how can I set this in Gekko's configuration. Would it be the "candleSize" property of the tradingAdvisor object?

And more: Gekko advices are very different from the TradingView ones. It's telling me to GO LONG when the price is HIGH and GO SHORT when the price is LOW, most of the time. Does Gekko need some time to analize the market and store prices to advice effectively?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
Aaaaaaaaaand we have a winner. Thanks, dude! *fist bump* Get me your address and I'll get you your BTC.

You got PM.  Wink

Do the modules update themselves? Could that be why it was working and then it didn't?

Usually not, maybe you issued "npm update" or something like that. Anyways, gekko seems to be somewhat "fragile".  Wink
Activity: 7
Aaaaaaaaaand we have a winner. Thanks, dude! *fist bump* Get me your address and I'll get you your BTC.

Do the modules update themselves? Could that be why it was working and then it didn't?

Activity: 172
Merit: 100
I had the same problem while moving to a new server.

Code:

2015-03-11 00:36:26 (INFO):     Starting to watch the market: Bitfinex BTC/USD
2015-03-11 00:36:26 (DEBUG):    ~market start
2015-03-11 00:36:26 (DEBUG):    checking history
2015-03-11 00:36:26 (DEBUG):    ~watch market
2015-03-11 00:36:26 (DEBUG):    Requested BTC/USD trade data from Bitfinex ...
/root/gekko/node_modules/bitfinex/bitfinex.js:104
        return cb(null, result);
               ^
TypeError: undefined is not a function

The cause seems to be an newer bitfinex module:

working server:
├─┬ [email protected] (git+https://github.com/naddison36/bitfinex.git#8dab381f81687008b3e88c4f06a0a76c29eb5c69)

failed server:
├─┬ [email protected] (git+https://github.com/naddison36/bitfinex.git#b5699b45904a9cdb682e9e824937847becb9b37c)

So try:

npm install bitfinex@'0.2.9'

Edit:

Next error:

Code:
/opt/gekko/methods/RSI.js:43
  log.debug('\t', 'price:', this.lastPrice.toFixed(digits));
                                           ^
TypeError: Cannot call method 'toFixed' of undefined

As this is just a debug message, I've set config.debug = false;

I am tired now, but with this 2 changes gekko@bitfinex works for me on my new server.

@mynameisricky
Hope this helps you, too...

May I have my .2 BTC now?
Sorry, I didn't write clearly. .2 BTC to whoever gets the information to me that gets Gekko running. If someone wants to fiddle around with my server I may be open to that, but I'd very much prefer someone simply help me figure out what the error is. I have put a lot of time into trying to figure out what is going on, and I cannot begin to understand why I was able to successfully get Gekko running on multiple linux instances and now I cannot get it running on any of them. It may be something completely idiotic, I don't know, but I've put quite a lot of time in this, am continuing to put quite a lot of time in this, and I'd really prefer to not put any more time in this.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Okay, not having Gekko running is driving me nuts. .2BTC to whoever gets my Lithuanian Linux Gekko running.

How do you suppose one can do that without having login credentials on the machine?
Okay, not having Gekko running is driving me nuts. .2BTC to whoever gets my Lithuanian Linux Gekko running.
Your question isn't very clear. Could you clarify?
Activity: 28
oh shit man, this is great work.
is it still work?
Okay, good people, I would appreciate being rescued again. I have Gekko running on OpenShift but they have a 24 hour timer after which they idle you. I knew this but thought it wouldn't be that hard to make a simple Hello World app that I could ping and prevent time out. Turns out I'm rather spectacularly node.js inept so I bought a Lithuanian virtual private server for ridiculously cheap and I got Ubuntu server 14.04 running Node 0.12 (many thanks for the guide on how to do that in this thread!).

But alas, my Lithuanian Gekko had other plans:
Code:

2015-03-11 00:36:26 (INFO):     Starting to watch the market: Bitfinex BTC/USD
2015-03-11 00:36:26 (DEBUG):    ~market start
2015-03-11 00:36:26 (DEBUG):    checking history
2015-03-11 00:36:26 (DEBUG):    ~watch market
2015-03-11 00:36:26 (DEBUG):    Requested BTC/USD trade data from Bitfinex ...
/root/gekko/node_modules/bitfinex/bitfinex.js:104
        return cb(null, result);
               ^
TypeError: undefined is not a function
    at Request._callback (/root/gekko/node_modules/bitfinex/bitfinex.js:104:16)
    at Request.self.callback (/root/gekko/node_modules/bitfinex/node_modules/request/request.js:344:22)
    at Request.emit (events.js:110:17)
    at Request. (/root/gekko/node_modules/bitfinex/node_modules/request/request.js:1239:14)
    at Request.emit (events.js:129:20)
    at IncomingMessage. (/root/gekko/node_modules/bitfinex/node_modules/request/request.js:1187:12)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:129:20)
    at _stream_readable.js:908:16
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:355:11)

This is very strange to me. I have successfully gotten Gekko running on Windows, Ubuntu, and OpenShift's cloud server. What the hell is going on? I can't for the life of me figure out what's different from this Ubuntu server install to my Ubuntu laptop install.

Edit: I am now getting errors on all four installations of Gekko. Life is conspiring against me.
Edit edit: Got it working on my Windows machine, the one option that I can't leave running all the time. Life still conspiring against me.
Edit edit edit: Pushbullet is legit, son.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
I think you should try Screen instead of nohup for that purpose, it should do better job of preserving the environment which may be important when process needs input. There are no disadvantages in using it instead of nohup.

For some reason OpenShift hates screen and I spent a good hour yelling at my server. In searching for the problem I found tmux which has similar capability and isn't hated by OpenShift. Thanks, dude! Fist bump.

And if anyone wants to get Gekko running on a server I can personally attest to feasibility of running it on a free OpenShift server without the need for an open terminal instance with tmux.

Glad it worked, was pretty sure nohup was the problem. Nice confirming one can run Gekko in the cloud absolutely free of charge!
Pages:
Jump to: