Pages:
Author

Topic: Gekko - a javascript trading bot and backtesting platform - page 4. (Read 147818 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Hello there!
Does someone already add Novaexchange to Gekko?

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I have put up a new site for Gekko that has:

• download Gekko genetic algorithm for optimising strategies
  • database downloads including: 5+ years btce btc/usd and many 1+ years major coin pairs on poloniex
  • tips and tricks for using and optimising Gekko

http://gekkowarez.com/
Activity: 9
Any plans to add Bittrex importer ?
Activity: 2
I backtested your strategy on ETHBTC (poloniex) from 2016-06-30 to 2017-04-15 15:59 and got a whopping 64% profit :p

https://s1.postimg.org/d1xjfmq5b/Screen_Shot_2017-08-02_at_21.04.57.png

Smiley

Hey guys just discovered this thread im also a Gekko user just experimented with the back testing and now on live trade i was playing with settings and came up with this strategie.  

Code:
// Exponential Moving Averages settings:
config.DEMA = {
  // EMA weight (α)
  // the higher the weight, the more smooth (and delayed) the line
  short: 13,
  long: 19,
  // amount of candles to remember and base initial EMAs on
  // the difference between the EMAs (to act as triggers)
  thresholds: {
    down: -1,
    up: 1
  }

It is quite conservative and does not many trades, but it is about +200% in the last 2 Month

Now i just don't figure
1. How to install talib on a windows PC and
2. is there a way to adjust the amount / percentage of available funds the bot shall spend on each Trade?
3. How can i combine strategies for example a Fibo Retracement wit an DEMA or something?

Cheers

you need to install the package you are missing

npm install sqlite3

that should do the job
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
I got an error when I was trying to import data. This picture show error code on cmd. How can I fix that. Where did I mistake. Can you help me to solve this problem. I will gratefull if you come with a solution below that post Smiley
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
I agree with this- I just don't know what the parameters mean. I was able to install and set it up after a few attempts but the programming and numbers don't mean much to me- would the developer be able to give easy examples as to what parameters to change on different strategies?

Is there an elaborated documentation?

I'm looking for docs for understanding each function and what it does..
For example in the MACD, the "short","long" indicators I dont know if it by days/hours... And in general what each parameter stand for, it's very unclear to beginners.. The TA-lib indicators site isn't helpful either since it only elaborate the functions without any explanation & parameters details.

For example in the MACD, the "short","long" indicators I dont know if it by days/hours... And in general what each parameter stand for, it's very unclear to beginners.. The TA-lib indicators site isn't helpful either since it only elaborate the functions without any explanation & parameters details.

Can someone assist?

Can someone assist?
Activity: 97
Hey guys just discovered this thread im also a Gekko user just experimented with the back testing and now on live trade i was playing with settings and came up with this strategie. 

Code:
// Exponential Moving Averages settings:
config.DEMA = {
  // EMA weight (α)
  // the higher the weight, the more smooth (and delayed) the line
  short: 13,
  long: 19,
  // amount of candles to remember and base initial EMAs on
  // the difference between the EMAs (to act as triggers)
  thresholds: {
    down: -1,
    up: 1
  }

It is quite conservative and does not many trades, but it is about +200% in the last 2 Month

Now i just don't figure
1. How to install talib on a windows PC and
2. is there a way to adjust the amount / percentage of available funds the bot shall spend on each Trade?
3. How can i combine strategies for example a Fibo Retracement wit an DEMA or something?

Cheers
Activity: 49
Hi, is anyone still alive here?
I just installed gekko-stable and play around with it. Can anyone tell me how to add Heiken Ashi indicator to gekko-stable's strategy?

I found Heiken Ashi is available in another gekko branch (gekko-config_fix), but I got no result while installing it and ended up with many errors.
Activity: 400
Merit: 268
Hello there! I just installed gekko on a Raspberry pi 3 armv71

I'm able to open gekko but when I go to local data and I try to import data it gets stuck on importing data.
It doesn't mather if it's from yesterday to today. It will be stuck like it's loading but it never imports anything. Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks mates!
Activity: 392
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
Here is a video explaining how to install on windows, meant for users not very experienced with commandlines / terminals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R68IwVujju8

Do you think it will be possible to retrieve the historical data from bittrex using Gekko?
Activity: 103
I'm way too non-technical gal for this.

Could some one please share some (simple) own made strategy so i could try this thing or are there some site where people have shared their strategies?
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Interesting idea, right now Gekko focusses purely on raw market data (eg. candle data). Would be great if we can add and try to correlate external data sources (exchange lag, tweets, whatever) in a way.

----

For everyone running windows: Gekko supports a huge number of indicators (100+) via a library called TAlib. Which works great but is almost impossible to compile on windows. I just created a proposal for a similar library (tulip indicators) that has precompiled windows binaries available. If you would like to see this soon in Gekko, please +1 the proposal here: https://github.com/askmike/gekko/issues/708
Activity: 135
Merit: 14
Just a idea. Detect mtgox lag and sell when it is hi enough and buy when it is low enough + some time as a additional strategy. Of course not on a mtgox but on some other exchange...
Here is a video explaining how to install on windows, meant for users not very experienced with commandlines / terminals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R68IwVujju8
I'm really inactive here nowadays, just want everyone to know that right now Gekko I am heavily developing new features into Gekko. But please check out the website for up to date details:

https://gekko.wizb.it/
Activity: 37
I try and run Gekko 0.3.4 with node v7.4.0 trading just on BTC-e with pretty much the default settings, it can paper trade, and it works fine in trader mode until it actually wants to do a trade, then it crashes every time. Sometimes with a nonce error, other times something like:

/gekko/node_modules/btc-e/btc-e.js:79
      return callback(new Error(result.error));
             ^

Do other people have Gekko 0.3.4 trading ok on BTC-e ?

I have tried LTC/BTC, ETH/RUR both crash.

Only tried backtesting and paper trading so far but given Mike is active amd trading is fundamental to the bot I cant imagine why it would t work. Have you tried btc usd?
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
I try and run Gekko 0.3.4 with node v7.4.0 trading just on BTC-e with pretty much the default settings, it can paper trade, and it works fine in trader mode until it actually wants to do a trade, then it crashes every time. Sometimes with a nonce error, other times something like:

/gekko/node_modules/btc-e/btc-e.js:79
      return callback(new Error(result.error));
             ^

Do other people have Gekko 0.3.4 trading ok on BTC-e ?

I have tried LTC/BTC, ETH/RUR both crash.
Activity: 9
I hope Gekko will be next MT 4 like in Forex world  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: