Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 12. (Read 140378 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Hello.
I wonder why not to use Wolf kernel in this sgminer?
As far as I can see there is a small thread related to the case when unmodified cards achieve great hashrate with very moderate consumption:
http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/45601#Comment_45601
Activity: 644
Merit: 292
Is this one faster than Claymores miner?
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
Maybe someone can point me - what mean l in binary file name:
cryptonightTongagw256l4.bin
w256 - worksize 256
but l4?

Intensity?
It's lowercase L, so i don't think so.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
w256 - worksize 256
but l4?

I could be wrong but I think it designates the OS.  Windows bins will have l4.  Linux l8.  I would not bet the ranch on this, but it is an observation of mine.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
w256 - worksize 256
but l4?

Intensity?
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
w256 - worksize 256
but l4?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Is there any stratum spec available for this ETH miner?
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
I would like to know which values to use to mine etc with the RX 480?

How to get the best income for Groestlcoin?
Activity: 26
Which are the usual scores with RX470/80 on monero

my experience (xmr only here)
rx480 - 4gb Sapphire nitro+ oc:
Samsung Memory non-flashed: 650 h/s
Elpida/Hynx Memory non-flashed: 580 h/s
with rom flashed (just the simple copy/paste of straps and overclocking to around 2040, nothing fancy)
Samsung: 730-750 range
Elpida/hynx memory: up to 710 to 730 range

Note: I'm not sure exactly what the other memory type is, but the 'other' polaris bios editor works with it (check in comments of the github page). 
Also, using Ubuntu 16.04, not windows..
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Which are the usual scores with RX470/80 on monero
legendary
Activity: 1596
regarding this 100% fan issue....
well... I don't want to be overly optimistic but it does look like 16.11.4 fixes the problem! (DDU and manual drv install)  Thanks @Prelude!
Really weird, cause I'm 100% sure I tested 16.11.5 and the bug was there.
Anyway running since yesterday GG fork on several machines and it's all good.

EDIT: now when I'm finally able to run xmr on SGminer I'm sure Claymore would soon update his miner...

Awesome, glad to hear it. Both my RX rigs are working perfectly with 16.11.4/5
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
regarding this 100% fan issue....
well... I don't want to be overly optimistic but it does look like 16.11.4 fixes the problem! (DDU and manual drv install)  Thanks @Prelude!
Really weird, cause I'm 100% sure I tested 16.11.5 and the bug was there.
Anyway running since yesterday GG fork on several machines and it's all good.

EDIT: now when I'm finally able to run xmr on SGminer I'm sure Claymore would soon update his miner...
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Does anyone know how to make sgminer-GM work on nicehash?

It gets 100% rejected shares.

On any other pool it works perfect. (eg nano or dwarf)

There is a sgminer-gm v5.5.5-4 by NH team, that is suppose to fix the cryptonight issues..... but I still get 100% rejects too (under Linux). Any ideas?
Activity: 1008
Does anyone know how to make sgminer-GM work on nicehash?

It gets 100% rejected shares.

On any other pool it works perfect. (eg nano or dwarf)
Activity: 8
Thanks for fast reply Wacko, my fault, my cards are on -48mV , under mining gpuz shows 0.9813V, in iddle shows 1.0V. I dont remember what was the stock core voltage, I tried to set core to "0" mV in msi afterburner - no fix, still frezing after few hours , also tried to underclock the memory, but no difference except the lower hasrate. First I will underclock the gpu for 50mhz to see how stable it works. Thanks again!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
Yep, switched to claymore for now. Gonna reinstall windows today and hopefully will get wolf's miner working since it was faster for me than claymore.
legendary
Activity: 1596
No, that's not the issue. It's a bug with sgminer and some driver versions. I say the bug is with sgminer because claymore doesn't have issues with the fans.

I'm over 24h without fan issues now, problem solved. Use 16.11.4 or 16.11.5. Hopefully the sgminer bug can get sorted, I'd like to use the latest drivers on my gaming rig.
Nope, installed 16.11.4 this morning, and it was pretty stable for the whole day, but just a few minutes ago got 100% fan with one of my rx 480/4 nitro cards. Sad There might be some correlation between the driver version and how often this 100% fan thing happens, but it's not just the driver. I still think it's card(s) being not 100% stable. I'm running HWiNFO now in the background, looking for "GPU memory errors". Had to actually drop my memclocks quite significantly before those errors stopped occurring. I thought I was 100% stable at 2150 memclock (1750 strap timings, Samsung chips) for most of the cards, had absolutely zero issues with other miners, but I never checked that counter in HWiNFO before. This sgminer-gm problem made me look for solutions and I've just discovered this HWiNFO thing only today, so not sure yet how it works and whether it's normal to have some errors or there shouldn't be any at all.

Weird, mine has been perfect since changing. Maybe the Nitro is different than the reference card in some regard. Consider using claymore until this gets sorted. You'll be a bit slower, but avoiding downtime will more than make up for that.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
Basically for ETH mem error is not an issue.
For XMR it's a different story, yet I'm getting rejects even when mem errors are at 0...
Thanks. I kept lowering memclock on all my 4 cards until I've got 0 errors. Had to go down quite significantly. Now there's 0 errors, but I've still had 2 cards out of 4 having that 0-100% fan issue this night. So I just give up, spent quite a lot of time on all these tests, but no point mining with sgminer at a bit higher hashrate if the rigs keep going down every day (I think the cards having 0-100% fan issue either stop mining when the problem shows up, or continue mining at very low rate). Funny thing, after playing with different drivers versions it looks like my "platform" id has changed, it's now "1" instead of "0", and I can't even use the wolf's miner anymore. Grin It doesn't have an option to select the platform, does it?
gpu 1100, mem 1900, core volt -480mV
What was the stock voltage? -480 mV is a lot, even for 1100 MHz, some of your cards are probably not stable. GPU isn't stressed that much when mining ETH so you were able to get away with this low voltage before, but it might be not enough for other algos like cryptonight.
Activity: 8
Need help!
Hi guys, I had a similar problem with 100% fans, mining on win10pro with 6 x msi rx470 4gb, 4 of them on ga970 with sempron x2, 2 of them on h81m with g1820, both rigs have 4gb ram. I used 16.9.2 drivers on both mashines for eth and there were no problems ever. First time switch to xmr I got 100% fan speed on both rigs runing claymore 9.7. Instaled 16.11.4 driver and now fans are ok - no 100%, but sempron mashine frezes after 1 or 2 hours mining, while Intel mashine works perfectly. All 6 gpus are moded, gpu 1100, mem 1900, core volt -480mV, low intensity mode.
What to do next?
Pages:
Jump to: