Pages:
Author

Topic: Genesis Mining Presents: SGMiner-GM - now with Zawawa's GG! [Updated 17/01/2017] - page 9. (Read 140378 times)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Referring to cgminer 5.5.4-gm
What settings can i use for eth and which calculations should i make last time i tried to use gave more than 50% WD error

The trick is to use "ethash-new" for newer drivers, and NOT to use worksize 64.
I'm using gatelessgate-0.1.3-pre6b-win64 now
I'm using this setting
{
  "algorithm": "ethash-new",
  "xintensity": "2048",
  "worksize": "128",
  "gpu-threads": "2",
  "load-balance": true,

"pools": [
    {
      "name":"MAIN",
      "user": "manotroll.manotroll",
      "pass": "x",
      "quota": "99;us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20555"
    },
    {
      "__comment": "Please keep this entry. Otherwise, I won't be able to continue open-source development. - zawawa",
      "name":"DEVFEE",
      "user": "0x91fa32e00b0f365d629fb625182a83fed61f0642.gatelessgate",
      "pass": "x",
      "quota": "1;stratum+tcp://eu1.ethermine.org:14444"
    }
  ]
}

What would worksize 64?
Increase or decrease influence on what exactly?

I'm using the non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.11.5-nov25.exe driver

This is my problem

With ethminer or claymore this does not happen
Referring to cgminer 5.5.4-gm
What settings can i use for eth and which calculations should i make last time i tried to use gave more than 50% WD error
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Is there any way to make it work with Dwarfpools?
Good question I want to know to!
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Is there any way to make it work with Dwarfpools?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Hi there!
Is this GM implementation alive?
Zawawa switched to NH and it seems to be not the very best news for small miners.

I hope another developer will take the lead.
Activity: 47
Hi there!
Is this GM implementation alive?
Zawawa switched to NH and it seems to be not the very best news for small miners.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Have tried Claymore's zcash miner 12.4 under the same Ubuntu 16.04. It shows me ~800 H/s per 3 RX480 cards while sgminer-gm showed only 570 H/s. How is that possible?! Is Claymore's miner lying?

I am getting about 305 H/s per RX480 in Windows with Claymore's Zcash miner.  I get the same result on average from the Zcash pool where I mine.

I have not tried sgminer for Zcash.
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
Have tried Claymore's zcash miner 12.4 under the same Ubuntu 16.04. It shows me ~800 H/s per 3 RX480 cards while sgminer-gm showed only 570 H/s. How is that possible?! Is Claymore's miner lying?

What the miners report is kinda of irrelevant.

What does the pools say?
Activity: 55
Activity: 55
Who tried the "--api-network" option? For me it does nothing, although it supposed to listen incoming connections from other nodes of the network.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Hi there!
What is the difference between Zawawa's gatelessgate miner and actual version of sgminer-gm in terms of preformance?

HE HAS IMPROVED GATELESS-GATE PERFORMANCE--

I do not have a detailed comparison, but his code has improved since first being imported into SGminer-GM.  His "Gateless-Gate" Equihash performance is approaching that of Claymore's miner.      --scryptr

And it's very stable!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
How much does a GTX 1070 do in ethereum?
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
Hi there!
What is the difference between Zawawa's gatelessgate miner and actual version of sgminer-gm in terms of preformance?

HE HAS IMPROVED GATELESS-GATE PERFORMANCE--

I do not have a detailed comparison, but his code has improved since first being imported into SGminer-GM.  His "Gateless-Gate" Equihash performance is approaching that of Claymore's miner.      --scryptr
Activity: 47
Hi there!
legendary
What the config parameters  for  SOLO mining ? Not stratum I need like  HTTP:// ipaddress : port .

I've  Over 9Gh/s  and  prefer  solo mine.
Which coin would you like to mine? If I were you, I would try stratum. Getwork is slower then stratum ( in stratum mode, server broadcast the block info to the miners. In getwork mode, miners get the block info from the server. Miners ask to the server periodically. This makes some delays, and much data traffic...
If you need help, I can assist you.

Does it matter if you solo mine locally?

LOCAL SOLO MINING BY GETWORK--

Wallets support GetWork.  Most pools require stratum.  GetWork is fast enough when used on a single  computer (locally) with the wallet.  It also is effective within a local net (LAN).

With the right software, a personal pool could be set up and stratum could be used locally.  I have never tried to do this.       --scryptr
Activity: 64
What the config parameters  for  SOLO mining ? Not stratum I need like  HTTP:// ipaddress : port .

Which coin would you like to mine? If I were you, I would try stratum. Getwork is slower then stratum ( in stratum mode, server broadcast the block info to the miners. In getwork mode, miners get the block info from the server. Miners ask to the server periodically. This makes some delays, and much data traffic...

Does it matter if you solo mine locally?
legendary

SOLO MINING BY GETWORK--

The question was about solo mining.  Solo mining is done with a coin wallet, usually on the same computer, or in the same local network, as the miner.  If the miner is on the same computer as the coin wallet,, the IP would be "http://127.0.0.1:port".

Many parameters are within the configuration file for the coin wallet.  It would be helpful to know what coin(s) are the target of your solo-mining.  Some coins and coin wallets are more difficult to work with.

As a side note, Claymore's Dual Miner has a number of new miners misusing the term "solo mining", using the term instead to refer to only mining a single coin.  I think the proper term when using Claymore's miner shoud be "single mining" when it is used to only mine only an Etherium-type coin.  

Some pools are set up as "solo mining pools", however, where the block-finding miner gets the full reward.  Connections to a mining pool are more efficient when a stratum protocol is used.       --sryptr

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Pages:
Jump to: