Pages:
Author

Topic: George Zimmerman arrested for 2nd degree murder for killing Trayvon Martin - page 4. (Read 14037 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
It all comes down the the screams for help.  If it was Trayvon, I am baffled as to how Zimmerman isn't facing a murder 1 charge.  If it was Zimmerman, why is he facing any charge at all?

Zimmerman needed to be in danger of immediate death or great harm to be justified to shoot a person. He could just point gun and say don't move.

This is crazy, "point a gun and say don't move".  A gun is used to stop a behavior not to threaten a person.  You obviously have never used a gun before and only seen their use on TV.  When police pull a gun on someone they do 2 things.  1. shoot for the center mass (the chest) or 2. wait for the man in stripes to give the signal to shoot for center mass.  They aim for the chest because the shooter is more likely to hit the target.

Zimmerman had his concealed handgun license so he went through the training.  Everyone going through those classes know that if you actually do use your self defense weapon then you will need to hire a lawyer.  The only reason I see that Zimmerman is actually in jail is because of the mob pressure and the special prosecutor charging him anyway knowing the state will lose the case or because Zimmerman said something to the police before his lawyer arrived to shut him up.

At least this case will give an interesting precedent to the case law on "stand-your-ground" laws in Florida.  I am sure glad to be living in Texas.  We already had to deal with this anti-self defense crap where people think the individual does not have a right to defend their own lives.  We also had a case where someone was defending themselves but a stray bullet killed a bystander.  The shooter is spending the rest of their life in prison.  Florida is the birthplace of the concealed handgun movement and I hope this case does not take that away.

In the link see the New Black Panther mob be chased out by the pro-self defense mob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ5WWzJ4VR8&feature=related
(See 1:38 for bouncing fun)

Better Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZ9s0ZBAu8&feature=related

Zimmerman and Horn, who is referred to in the video, did stupid things that got media and legal attention toward them.  They should have just minded their own business.  Protect yourself and your family but for other people let them take care of themselves.

I am seeing much hypocracy from some taking Martins side in this case.

Zimmerman has absolutely no convictions for those listed arrests that I know of.

This is pretty much split down conservative and liberal lines. Most liberals are not the cops best friends or advocates, so unless we can all admit that cops make bad decisions and mistakes and that those records of prior arrest (without convictions) mean absolutely nothing (or very little), then we will have to admit that cops dont make mistakes and all of Zimmermans arrests are the same as if he were convicted. I dont really see where you can have it both ways.

I don't believe he has those convictions either, if he had then the FBI criminal report would have pulled those records when his fingerprints were sent in for his Florida concealed handgun license.
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
After pushing ignore on 3/4 of the users here I look forward to a happy time on this forum with other rational human beings.

What an useful thread this became.

You should probably ignore me too as I also thought you're posts were idiotic.

You're welcome.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
...snip...

This IS a race job, but not against Zimmerman.

...snip...

The prosecutor has ruled that out when she opted not to charge with a hate crime.
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271
After pushing ignore on 3/4 of the users here I look forward to a happy time on this forum with other rational human beings.

What you are looking for is hitting ignore on 99.9999% of users. Then you will be happy.

Dude,

If you can't rationally debate and discuss opposing views with out hiding from them, then you are part of the problem not the solution.
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I am seeing much hypocracy from some taking Martins side in this case.

Zimmerman has absolutely no convictions for those listed arrests that I know of.

This is pretty much split down conservative and liberal lines. Most liberals are not the cops best friends or advocates, so unless we can all admit that cops make bad decisions and mistakes and that those records of prior arrest (without convictions) mean absolutely nothing (or very little), then we will have to admit that cops dont make mistakes and all of Zimmermans arrests are the same as if he were convicted. I dont really see where you can have it both ways.
vip
Priors for either shouldn't matter.

Yeah lets always forget and ignore the past as soon as it is so.

Totally not idiotic.

I would also love to have child rapists living in my neighborhood and hold no suspicions against them because I'm sure their past actions have ZERO bearing on their future actions!

/Sarcasm

Trayvon - Minor criminal record with pot... I have known college kids who liked pot UHHHH
Zimmerman - Multiple spots on criminal record of violence no less.

As for "guns can only kill" that's bullshit:
1. Shoot at a downward angle and you wont hit bystanders.
2. Miss the legs and he will still be scared and freeze or run.
3. Miss the legs shoot until you hit.

I have no surprise that american cops are trained to kill civilians, whats your argument? That that's okay?

Don't tell me the gun wouldn't have scared him enough for self defense.

Guns don't make us equal, what a load of propaganda, it just makes the IDIOTS with rage fits more powerful.
Normal decent people usually don't carry guns around as they are not insane and DON'T want to kill people.

Anyway fuck you all you make me sick. I'm out.

You're good at making orthogonal and pedantic arguments. Why is it that every time someone wants to stop an argument or quit people from making points they bring Child rapists and CP into it from no where. Pretty soon people will just be accused of it and voila, suspicion will over-ride facts and truth to give way to rumors and gossip. Assumptions often lead you where you want to go. Now everyone is aware of where you want to go.

Have all the suspicions you want, but WTF does Child Rapists have to do with this discussion.

If you don't want them in your neighborhood and don't like them because of your suspicions, go shoot them. But wait... can't do that. So change the Law for to Life Imprisonment w/o parole and then pay for it.

Activity: 728

Godspeed. You are now a manipulation target.
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
Priors for either shouldn't matter.

Yeah lets always forget and ignore the past as soon as it is so.

Totally not idiotic.

I would also love to have child rapists living in my neighborhood and hold no suspicions against them because I'm sure their past actions have ZERO bearing on their future actions!

/Sarcasm

Trayvon - Minor criminal record with pot... I have known college kids who liked pot UHHHH
Zimmerman - Multiple spots on criminal record of violence no less.

As for "guns can only kill" that's bullshit:
1. Shoot at a downward angle and you wont hit bystanders.
2. Miss the legs and he will still be scared and freeze or run.
3. Miss the legs shoot until you hit.

I have no surprise that american cops are trained to kill civilians, whats your argument? That that's okay?

Don't tell me the gun wouldn't have scared him enough for self defense.

Guns don't make us equal, what a load of propaganda, it just makes the IDIOTS with rage fits more powerful.
Normal decent people usually don't carry guns around as they are not insane and DON'T want to kill people.

vip
According to court records George Zimmerman is the son of retired Supreme Court Magistrate Judge Robert J Zimmerman, his mother Gladys Zimmerman is a court clerk....He has three closed arrests 7/18/05 for resisting arrest with violence and battery on a law enforcement officer ........8/9/05 for domestic violence..... And again on 8/10/05 domestic violence

So lets dismiss him as a crazed racist then? What is your point?

Also NBC had that info when they edited the 911 tapes. That is why it's OK. We should continue to trust NBC, they adjust the facts to better reflect reality.

I was just wondering what priors the deceased guy had. If trayvon had no convictions for violence it says something about the situation.

Priors for either shouldn't matter. The whole key is did Zimmerman adhere to FL's stand your ground or self defense laws in Florida. Zimmerman turned out to be hispanic. My limited prediction technique of gazing into fire tells me that the press will die down around the case.

As far as NBC, well guess they couldn't get rid of those stripes.
Activity: 686
Wat
According to court records George Zimmerman is the son of retired Supreme Court Magistrate Judge Robert J Zimmerman, his mother Gladys Zimmerman is a court clerk....He has three closed arrests 7/18/05 for resisting arrest with violence and battery on a law enforcement officer ........8/9/05 for domestic violence..... And again on 8/10/05 domestic violence

Also NBC had that info when they edited the 911 tapes. That is why it's OK. We should continue to trust NBC, they adjust the facts to better reflect reality.

I was just wondering what priors the deceased guy had. If trayvon had no convictions for violence it says something about the situation.

Activity: 686
Wat
Activity: 632

Second Amendment actually was "sponsored" by the Original Framers: here's the whole collection so you can list all of the ext4remist groups that frighten you-

[...]

Well, even if my comment was partly a friendly joke toward you guys, I'm serious that I'm not going to argue about guns. We have each other complete opposite point of view on that matter and that's probably why we don't live in the same country.

I know US people defend strongly their 2nd amendment, and as much I disagree with that amendment, I'll always respect people that defend their fundamentals rights. But my incomprehension live in the idea that, I find virus, bacteria or cancer as much dangerous as wild animals or criminals. You have the means to defend yourself against big things, but not against small things.

Also, reading the 4th amendment, I don't understand why you don't defend it against the TSA? What's the point of having a gun if you can't protect your own body against TSA agents?

Anyway, it's only the point of view of an outsider that doesn't understand what's happening down there.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
You shoot with a gun to kill, not to hurt or disarm.
Sadly, this.  Would be great if guns could be used non-lethally, but that is just Hollywood.  Not even tasers are called "non-lethal" anymore; they are "less-lethal" because people can still die.

Would be better if guns were not in the hands of crazies but hey, I'm certainly not going to argue the NRA-sponsored 2nd amendment.  Grin

Second Amendment actually was "sponsored" by the Original Framers: here's the whole collection so you can list all of the ext4remist groups that frighten you-

First Amendment – Establishment Clause, Free Exercise Clause; freedom of speech, of the press, and of assembly; right to petition

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Second Amendment – Militia (United States), Sovereign state, Right to keep and bear arms.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[57]

Third Amendment – Protection from quartering of troops.

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Fifth Amendment – due process, double jeopardy, self-incrimination, eminent domain.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Sixth Amendment – Trial by jury and rights of the accused; Confrontation Clause, speedy trial, public trial, right to counsel

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Seventh Amendment – Civil trial by jury.

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Eighth Amendment – Prohibition of excessive bail and cruel and unusual punishment.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Ninth Amendment – Protection of rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment – Powers of States and people.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Is that the source of "crazed" as well?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Apparently someone has been able to instill "Zimmerman, crazed racist" into the minds of the people who get riled up without knowing what they are talking about. I would love to see how this was accomplished. Google somehow sucks for this though.

NBC with the false report that he made racist comments in the 911 call.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/nbc-fires-producer-of-misleading-zimmerman-tape/
Apparently someone has been able to instill "Zimmerman, crazed racist" into the minds of the people who get riled up without knowing what they are talking about. I would love to see how this was accomplished. Google somehow sucks for this though.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

This Zimmerman case was politicized. By default, he should at the minimum not be charged until it isn't a political issue.

He should have been charged fairly quickly (in my opinion with manslaughter) but now of course it is highly political.
Pages:
Jump to: