Pages:
Author

Topic: George Zimmerman arrested for 2nd degree murder for killing Trayvon Martin - page 7. (Read 14037 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
If the person screaming for mercy in the 911 call was the boy, surely the charge would be murder in the first degree?  My guess is based on the prosecutor believing that the person calling out was Zimmerman.  That makes proving "a depraved mind regardless of human life" very difficult.

In general 1st degree murders are premeditated ones, i.e. the person planned days in advance. It doen't apply at all here.

I thought it they would go for manslaughter, but they chose a tougher one. Most likely they will try prove that it was a fight with both side participating in it. Wild guess - they would make an analogy of a bar fight, both sides are guilty of fighting. Since Zimmerman killed his opponent, it's a 2nd degree murder.

Remember if some a retard on a street comes to me and starts asking me questions, I am legally within my rights to tell him go fuck himself. Zimmerman, I assume, got pissed about that and got in scuffle, by trying to hold Martin which resulted in punches traded and Zimmerman shooting Martin.

^^^ Just a bar fight, with one idiot having a gun.

Prosecutors just need to prove that Zimmerman challenged Martin (verbally), it doesn't really matter beyond that point.

Doesn't the "stand your ground" law mean the exact opposite of that?  If Zimmerman felt threatened, wasn't he entitled to kill? 
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
If the person screaming for mercy in the 911 call was the boy, surely the charge would be murder in the first degree?  My guess is based on the prosecutor believing that the person calling out was Zimmerman.  That makes proving "a depraved mind regardless of human life" very difficult.

In general 1st degree murders are premeditated ones, i.e. the person planned days in advance. It doen't apply at all here.

I thought it they would go for manslaughter, but they chose a tougher one. Most likely they will try prove that it was a fight with both side participating in it. Wild guess - they would make an analogy of a bar fight, both sides are guilty of fighting. Since Zimmerman killed his opponent, it's a 2nd degree murder.

Remember if some a retard on a street comes to me and starts asking me questions, I am legally within my rights to tell him go fuck himself. Zimmerman, I assume, got pissed about that and got in scuffle, by trying to hold Martin which resulted in punches traded and Zimmerman shooting Martin.

^^^ Just a bar fight, with one idiot having a gun.

Prosecutors just need to prove that Zimmerman challenged Martin (verbally), it doesn't really matter beyond that point.
legendary
Are we making guesses as to what will happen?  My guess is they will take a year or so to get to court and then he will be acquitted.

He won't be acquitted. It depends for how long he is going to jail for. Also they charged him with 2nd degree, not voluntary manslaughter.

Murder in the second degree, under Florida law, refers to a killing carried out without premeditation but with “a depraved mind regardless of human life.”

If the person screaming for mercy in the 911 call was the boy, surely the charge would be murder in the first degree?  My guess is based on the prosecutor believing that the person calling out was Zimmerman.  That makes proving "a depraved mind regardless of human life" very difficult.

The WaPo says much the same but of course they too are only guessing: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-law-enforcement-official-says/2012/04/11/gIQAHJ5oAT_print.html

I guess we have 12 months to wait before we find out.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Are we making guesses as to what will happen?  My guess is they will take a year or so to get to court and then he will be acquitted.

He won't be acquitted. It depends for how long he is going to jail for. Also they charged him with 2nd degree, not voluntary manslaughter.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NRown_Kkzk

"this is being directed by the Department of Justice"
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
It's about time that douchebag got arrested.
Pages:
Jump to: