Pages:
Author

Topic: Get-Bitcoin.Com: Reviews Thread - page 2. (Read 34129 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
May 09, 2012, 03:20:10 AM
I just did a google search and get-bitcoin.com was using a script to dynamically grab my search criteria.

Details?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
May 08, 2012, 08:49:17 AM
Looks like they temporarily discontinued Bank deposit for both Chase and Bank of America. Hope it comes back as that was one of the easiest methods.

EDIT: ok, the cash deposit method is back up.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
May 03, 2012, 09:48:05 PM
no, the bank doesn't ask for anything when you are making a deposit. just fill out the out of state deposit form, and give it and your cash to the teller. that's it. if they do ask for your ATM card or ID just tell them you don't have an account there and you are only making a deposit.
Thanks.  I've seen other site offer this option but I don't wna tany hassle, if you know what I mean.
Activity: 8
May 01, 2012, 03:22:17 PM
Currently fighting to get my Dwolla order fulfilled. Paid 4/26 via my Dwolla funds (money I had in Dwolla), ticket logged 24hrs later, ticket eventually sent to "supervisor" to match my get-bitcoin.com order to my Dwolla payment. Note I put my get-bitcoin.com order number in the comment field of the Dwolla transfer also.

Two days later no further contact from get-bitcoin.com. Opened a new ticket using the 'no supervisor' suggestion from a previous post.

Update:
From "Hannah" @ git-bitcoin.com:
- "We were able to locate your payment. I've queued your order and it will be
 handled in the next batch. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Whoever "Hannah" is, is pretty quick on support replies, I'll give them that. The "supervisor" that they escalate tickets to however, I'm not even sure one exists.

I guess this is what I get for being lazy and trying to do everything electronically without making a trip out of the way to the bank. As of right now, I can't recommend paying using Dwolla. Previous posts show that using Money Order, Cash, and Bank Transfer are the most reliable methods.

Update 2:
Almost a week after placing my order, I finally received my coins. Sadly I missed the nice sub $5 USD prices, ended up at $5.16 by the time it finally processed. Also still charged their commission even though it took a week instead of 24hrs.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
May 01, 2012, 10:29:18 AM
Keep it. They have proven to be incompetent asshats. I'm still waiting almost 2 weeks now for a simple withdrawal. First contact took over 9 days. Maybe if they start losing money it'll get their attention.
Activity: 37
April 28, 2012, 10:03:39 PM
Well, I got a 2nd payment  Huh
They sent it twice, What do I do?

Bitcoin Price: 4.97 USD/BTC
Bitcoin Bought: 22.08249 BTC
Transaction Fee (5%): 1.10412 BTC
Bitcoin Sent: 20.97837 BTC
Activity: 13
April 27, 2012, 03:34:52 PM
no, the bank doesn't ask for anything when you are making a deposit. just fill out the out of state deposit form, and give it and your cash to the teller. that's it. if they do ask for your ATM card or ID just tell them you don't have an account there and you are only making a deposit.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
April 27, 2012, 11:51:40 AM
I mailed a money order last Saturday and got my Bitcoins this morning:

Bitcoin Price: 5.09 USD/BTC
Bitcoin Bought: 6.87623 BTC
Transaction Fee (5%): 0.34381 BTC
Bitcoin Sent: 6.53242 BTC

Can anyone tell my if you need to show ID or anything when doing a bank deposit?
Activity: 18
April 27, 2012, 11:46:56 AM
Successful cash in the mail for a couple hundred. Received by them in first class mail on a saturday, BTC sent on Tuesday. I did not specify a max price, and purchase price was right at MtGox price. I'm happy.
April 26, 2012, 05:09:28 AM
Ok I emailed them saying i did NOT want to talk to a supervisor and gave them my dwolla ID.
That seemed to have worked because about 15 minutes later i got a email back saying that my order is now payed for and i should receive my btc in a few hours

I did get my bitcoin but they charged me the 5% fee even though it took over 24 hours.
Bitcoin Price: 5.1 USD/BTC
Bitcoin Bought: 21.56863 BTC
Transaction Fee (5%): 1.07843 BTC
Bitcoin Sent: 20.49020 BTC
April 25, 2012, 07:38:43 PM
Ok I emailed them saying i did NOT want to talk to a supervisor and gave them my dwolla ID.
That seemed to have worked because about 15 minutes later i got a email back saying that my order is now payed for and i should receive my btc in a few hours
legendary
April 25, 2012, 06:57:34 PM
It sent from my dwolla balance at 4/23/2012 9:42:08 PM

Ok, so if the status is "Sent" then Get-Bitcoin should definitely have it.  
Make sure to give them the transaction id:
It will show as: Transaction ID:nnnnnn

And the URL for them to see that would be:
 - https://www.dwolla.com/activity#moneyin/detail/nnnnnn/1

For you to see that it would be:
 - https://www.dwolla.com/activity#moneyout/detail/nnnnnn/1

Ask Get-Bitcoin what they show for the status on that.

So please, if you have specific information that describes where Dwolla is delaying payments please share the details,
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dwolla-now-purposely-delays-usd-withdrawals-from-bitcoin-exchanges-77605

Wanna bet that the balance was a withdrawal from another exchange?

Oops, so there is one report of "pending".  I somehow missed that while the other reports ended up not being "pending", the OP's specifically had pointed out as "pending".  So we'll hopefully learn what that was all about.  There aren't any other confirmations of this happening yet though.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
April 25, 2012, 05:29:54 PM
So please, if you have specific information that describes where Dwolla is delaying payments please share the details, otherwise you are spreading misleading information.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dwolla-now-purposely-delays-usd-withdrawals-from-bitcoin-exchanges-77605

Wanna bet that the balance was a withdrawal from another exchange?
April 25, 2012, 05:11:19 PM
It sent from my dwolla balance at 4/23/2012 9:42:08 PM
legendary
April 25, 2012, 04:28:04 PM
You think thats it?

Please log into Dwolla and click on the Payment activity tab (left side).  Then click on your transfer to Get-Bitcoin.  Then click on Details.
 - https://www.dwolla.com/activity

What does the status show?   If it says pending, then what does it show for "Funding source?"   If it doesn't say "Your Dwolla Balance" then what does it show for Date?
legendary
April 25, 2012, 04:24:56 PM
They probably delayed your payment because it is Bitcoin related.

There has not yet been a single report of someone's account-to-account payment being delayed by Dwolla when paid using the cash balance from the sender's Dwolla account.  Every such account-to-account transfer that is entered gets processed instantaneously (i.e., within seconds).  

Now when I send a payment to someone else and I don't have enough funds in my Dwolla account so I instead click the source: "bank account", then the transfer will show the status as pending until Dwolla does an ACH pull from my bank (minimum 3 day delay.)  That is not Dwolla's fault, that is the ACH network on which Dwolla uses.

Now the recent change that Dwolla made was to block the ability to send payments to certain recipients until a checklist of requirements (i.e., 30 days since Dwolla first transferred funds from you account, verify to Dwolla your SSN, enable Hub page) is first completed.  But if there is no block,then the transfer is instant -- Dwolla does not delay the payment.

So please, if you have specific information that describes where Dwolla is delaying payments please share the details, otherwise you are spreading misleading information.
April 25, 2012, 04:19:13 PM
BAD BAD BAD!
I got ripped 110$!
All the emails I get back from them all say
Code:
Dear Name,

Your order is not yet marked as paid; I'll forward this to my supervisor
and he'll sort it out for you.

3 Emails from them...they all say the same thing.
Anyone got any idea how i can get my money back? I sent it with Dwolla
Dwolla sucks. They probably delayed your payment because it is Bitcoin related.

You think thats it?
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
April 25, 2012, 04:06:00 PM
BAD BAD BAD!
I got ripped 110$!
Code:
Dear Name,

Dwolla sucks. They probably delayed your payment because it is Bitcoin related.
April 25, 2012, 03:58:22 PM
BAD BAD BAD!
I got ripped 110$!
Code:
Dear Name,

Activity: 24
April 23, 2012, 09:32:07 PM
I did two transactions with them last week.

Both done via cash deposit at Bank Of America with no set maximum for the bitcoin price. First time took under 4 hours. Second time took under 6 hours. And by that I mean from the time I emailed them the scans of the receipt until I got a notice that the order was filled.

It looks like they are really organizing things better. Going to continue to use them in spite of some of the hiccups in the past. Other than the stress induced by those incidents, they ALWAYS came through. And they always refunded the fee if they were past the 24 hour mark in filling the order.

After doing well over a dozen transactions with them, looks like I'm a customer to stay.  Smiley

I've been recommending them to acquaintances and members of other communities and they are also happy with the service, the simplicity and the fees.

As ever, I'll keep you posted with reviews for most of my transactions so you can gauge their improvement or issues.
Pages:
Jump to: