Pages:
Author

Topic: Get-Bitcoin.Com: Reviews Thread - page 5. (Read 34129 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
November 19, 2011, 04:10:45 AM
@Mushroomized: Yup, it definitely does.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
November 18, 2011, 01:47:02 PM
When it says "prepaid debit card" does that include visa gift cards?
Activity: 13
November 18, 2011, 08:39:11 AM
i've used get-bitcoin a number of times now and it works like a charm. very easy to use.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
November 03, 2011, 07:02:50 PM
I started with TradeHill thru dwolla, and just got tired of the lengthy process...next went to exchangebitcoins.com, which was an excellent and useful and quick site...many people I know loved them...but they closed one day, refunded money, and that was that...

The up popped get-bitcoin.com .... to me, they have the same approach as exchangebtc.com and are easy and fast.  You can deposit cash in their accnt in any Wells Fargo or Bank of America branch...or just send online from your bank accnt instantly for no fee...

Doing the cash deposit, then emailing photo of receipt, has never taken me over a couple of hours, usualy quicker.  The answer all emails I've sent them in a freindly manner.

My only worry is they'll fold, but I'm hoping they don't...only downside--for some--is that you don't have an actual account there...so you get leave funds, like dollars, in your account, and change at another time....no, what you do is click on 'buy' fill out online form, with email addy, they reply with account info you will need, then I trot down to bank, deposit cash, and email receipt...

for me, within an hr or so they reply with another email, tell me the going rate they exchanged funds at, and btc are on their way...account info they send you, before deposit, is good for 24 hrs...just remember to write transaction # they assign you on receipt...but again, very helpful, very easy way to get btc.  I just have them sent to an instawallet somewhere, for those of you who like to keep it 'in the cloud' as much as possible...no need for wallet on pc anymore...for me anyway, some like keeping their funds close... Smiley

Nice operation
Activity: 45
November 01, 2011, 12:26:02 AM
My first experience with excellent. Traded $100 MoneyPak for BTC.

Unfortunately I buy another packet and then they do not take then anymore. I would love to use the service again to stick with a dependable exchange.
Activity: 78
October 26, 2011, 09:35:47 AM
Just bought about 34 btc, mailed payment about 24 hours after they received payment btc showed up in my wallet. Would use again.
October 24, 2011, 06:39:38 PM
Hello. I used the cash deposit at a Wells Fargo Branch this morning. It was a simple of a process as could be.
It took about 6 or 7 hours for the bitcoins to be received into my wallet. The company is on the west coast and I am on the east coast.
I emailed with them a bit and they were very helpful too. I am not going to hesitant in using this service again.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 250
October 19, 2011, 06:06:05 PM
I have used them twice and hopefully about to use them again with no problems. They are super fast, great customer service.
October 05, 2011, 11:29:00 AM
@Nefanon: We use Google Analytics to track how many people come to our site; is that what you're referring to? (Google Analytics does not collect IP addresses or other personal information, just things like how long an average visitor stays on the site.) I'm not sure how that makes us a scam... Google Analytics is used by 57% of the Internet's most popular websites, including Twitter and MySpace.
Activity: 112
October 04, 2011, 09:05:26 AM
SCAM? - I just did a google search and get-bitcoin.com was using a script to dynamically grab my search criteria.
October 03, 2011, 09:29:26 PM
@AinElohim: Awesome, we're glad to hear it! Thanks for using our site. What forum was that on BTW?
October 02, 2011, 01:36:43 PM
Earlier, I showed some skepticism in this thread about the validity of get-bitcoin as I didn't see much reviews about them in this thread or forum. However, at another forum people were discussing favorite exchanges and a lot of people were bringing up get-bitcoin, plus I liked the fact they were accepting MoneyPak's which most others have stopped accepting!

So I placed an order at their site, sent them my MP code and then went to bed. That was 8 hours ago.
Today I wake up and I had just gotten my coins 1 hour ago! I even got the coins at the max value I entered! Cheesy
So yeah, it was a good and quick experience, I got my coins now and I'm happy!
If anyone else is wondering if they're trustable or not I can tell you they're the real deal!
If you're considering going with them then hopefully this will help ease your worries as well. Tongue
September 27, 2011, 11:47:20 PM
So I'm a little wary of the lack of reviews. I'd like to make a large buy but am not sure if that's a good idea.

Most of our traffic comes directly from weusecoins.com, en.bitcoin.it, etc., so most of our customers aren't Bitcoin forum users. However, I'm proud to say that we're now processing over $10,000 USD in Bitcoin orders a week, and we've never had even a single accusation of fraud. Hopefully next month we'll get an accountant to audit that, so people will believe us. (If anyone knows a good accountant, email us at [email protected].) In the meantime, for what it's worth, we've been endorsed by weusecoins.com, and we're good friends with the guys over at bitbills.com if you want to ask them.
Activity: 83
September 27, 2011, 07:33:09 PM
So I'm a little wary of the lack of reviews. I'd like to make a large buy but am not sure if that's a good idea.
September 15, 2011, 12:29:29 PM
So how long do you store orders? If I wanted to buy 100 btc at $1 will you queue that until it's available?

If the market price is above a maximum, we just email the buyer and ask. It's worked pretty well so far
September 14, 2011, 01:56:19 PM
So how long do you store orders? If I wanted to buy 100 btc at $1 will you queue that until it's available?

Maybe a diagram of this process would be good for the site too  =)
September 14, 2011, 12:39:19 PM
You should put this info on the main buy page, I'm definitely interested in trying this out!

Cool, thanks, will do!

How fast do you think MoneyPak purchases usually take?

Payment via MoneyPak is considered instant, as the funds can be cleared immediately. So, we'll send you the Bitcoins within 24 hours of receiving your MoneyPak number, or our services are free.
September 14, 2011, 10:23:21 AM
Only problem is that it looks like you have to mail the MP card to them, whereas the other 2 exchanges I mentioned only required you send them the scratch off code, which is much faster.

Hey Ain - we required that for the first week, to make sure we weren't getting scammed, but have since stopped requiring it. Once you've placed your order, you can just email your MoneyPak code to [email protected], and we'll process your order ASAP.

You should put this info on the main buy page, I'm definitely interested in trying this out!

How fast do you think MoneyPak purchases usually take?
September 14, 2011, 04:02:09 AM
Only problem is that it looks like you have to mail the MP card to them, whereas the other 2 exchanges I mentioned only required you send them the scratch off code, which is much faster.

Hey Ain - we required that for the first week, to make sure we weren't getting scammed, but have since stopped requiring it. Once you've placed your order, you can just email your MoneyPak code to [email protected], and we'll process your order ASAP.
September 14, 2011, 04:00:25 AM
I'm going to hold off trying this site until some more trustworthy people OK it. All I've seen so far are new member reviews...

Hey nefanon. We totally understand your concerns, but I do think we've proven our trustworthiness - we've processed tens of thousands of dollars of Bitcoin orders in the last month alone, and not one person has ever even accused us of fraud or theft. For what it's worth, we've also been endorsed by weusecoins.com, arguably the world's leading Bitcoin site.

The reason so many reviews are by new members is that most of our customers aren't Bitcoin forum users, and many of them like us so much that they sign up for the forum just to leave us a good review. (Seriously - ask them!) The mods can check the IPs if they suspect us of sock-puppeting; these are our real customers and they really do like us. Thanks so much to everyone who's ordered from us - we couldn't have built our business without you.
Pages:
Jump to: