Pages:
Author

Topic: Get-Bitcoin.Com: Reviews Thread - page 4. (Read 34129 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
February 13, 2012, 11:11:58 PM
Hey everyone. Two big new changes we're making, starting today:

- As some of you might have noticed, our customer service is slower than it used to be. We are, simply put, victims of our own success, and have had too many customers every day to deal with things as timely as we'd like to. So, we're bringing on two new full-time customer service people to deal with the load. This means that, as soon as we've gotten things up and running this week, emails to customer support, invoices for ACH payments, and confirmation of cash deposits should take minutes rather than hours during the business day. You can contact our new support people at [email protected].

- We've re-added Western Union as a form of payment. As this thread testifies, we've had problems with this in the past, so we've taken measures to ensure that payments are processed as soon as possible and within our 24-hour guarantee. Please do let us know if you've had any issues with our Western Union or other services.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
February 08, 2012, 05:49:46 AM

I don't get this, OP please explain,

Two things:

1. I sent 60 btc and confirmed the current lower rate, of $5.52USD which equals $331.2USD converted.

Your WU fee = $20

And now you send me this below?  Money is short mate please explain.

Also WU transfers take about 2 seconds online....

Dear Wesley:

Thanks for using GetBitcoin! We've sold your Bitcoins, and are sending
a Western Union payment of $265 USD; the payment should arrive
tomorrow (Wednesday American time).
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
February 08, 2012, 02:25:03 AM

Hey Everyone,

Tried a sell order theough get bitcoin for 60BTC cashout to WU from these guys, so I could buy some hardware from a local computer store.  

BTC where sent two days ago/ when I recieved order confirmation:

Congratulations - your GetBitcoin order has been placed. Your order number is: 6412
Please send payment ASAP: the sooner we receive payment, the sooner we can process your order!
You can send us payment with the Bitcoin software (bitcoin.org)! Our Bitcoin address is 1CkeK8eWSdGPYzUtFZdpKiShPMvBif1GGy.

Sent payment, still waiting for WU mtcn details, got a reply back from support saying the rate had dropped slightly, and to see if I wanted to go ahead at he current rate. Please see below:

Dear Wesley:

Thanks for using GetBitcoin! We have received your payment. However,
the price of Bitcoin is currently lower than 5.6 USD/BTC; should we
fill your order at the market price?

Which I've said yes go ahead straight away, about two mins after recieving email!

Still no reply and no MTCN details, making me worried a bit. Have asked for my coins back. Will let you know how it goes if I recieve them. Don't know whats taking so long, they claim 24 turn around.

Regards,
Wes.

Activity: 10
February 03, 2012, 05:35:32 PM
I've used get-bitcoin now 2x and both times were flawless. First was a small amount, second was larger. Keep in mind it's not instant and it's best to leave 12-24 hours between deposit/email-scan and delivery. Also because of the delay the BT price shifts up or down. I've been satisfied with the purchase price on both occasions.

Both times I chose cash deposit at the local Chase branch.

Just want to thank them for a valuable service!

-Alex
Activity: 13
February 03, 2012, 02:32:06 PM
i've used get-bitcoin about a dozen times and each time has been flawless. except this last time.
i deposit on wednesday. i get a confirm of my deposit within an hour. and then nothing for hours. i inquire about my order just about 24 hours after receiving confirmation of my deposit. I was told my order was delayed b/c the person who was supposed to make the order was stuck on a plane for hours. Then my order still wasn't completed. I inquire again. I was told that they were now having internet connectivity issues.
Ok.
I then get an email overnight saying the price that i wanted to purchase at is not available and if I wanted my order filled at market price.
I replied with a YES. Now it has been about 12 hours since my reply and I haven't received anything since.
I've emailed twice now about my order and haven't received a response.
I am sure that they will straigten this out and my order will be completed. But it is starting to become a concern at this point.
edit - i feel confident my order is getting filled. i've been in contact with getbitcoin just now.

edit - still waiting on my order to get filled. it's been well over 48 hours. apparently, after my last email my issue has been escalated to a supervisor. no word from any supervisor as of yet.

edit - my order was filled. they had technical difficulties that were going on. they refunded the fees to me. and were very professional the whole time. i would not hesitant in using their service again. i'm confident this last time was just a hiccup.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
January 25, 2012, 11:20:57 PM

After reading the comments that follow this article, I now know what it takes to get into Yale -- Pseudo-intelligence, low self-esteem, and a shit-ton of money.

What a bunch of babies.
Activity: 42
January 25, 2012, 11:07:43 PM
Saw this thread and had to reply.

I used get-bitcoins to buy my first bitcoins, around $100 worth, and the transaction went super smoothly and was completely problem free. I simply placed an order on there website, brought money to a Bank of America, gave them money (no ID required), they gave me a receipt, and I walked out the door. Next I simply took a picture of the receipt given to me by the teller and emailed it to get-bitcoin...an hour or so later and I received my funds.

I highly recommend get-bitcoins as are, from my experience, a very professional outfit.
Activity: 303
Merit: 251
January 23, 2012, 05:18:56 AM
Are you experiencing anything like this from Western Union:

Western Union is Cracking Down
http://www.osga.com/wordpress/offshore-insiders/person-to-person-online-gambling-payments-get-a-bit-tighter.html
Activity: 24
January 13, 2012, 01:13:24 AM
I've done a number of transactions with them in the month of December. Each was several hundred dollars worth. Each was done by depositing cash into one of their bank accounts at a local branch near me (Chase and Bank Of America). Chase is best as they don't ask for an address. Only once did Bank Of America ask for an address but the rep looked it up on the computer and filled it in for me.

Then I would send Get-Bitcoin a scan of the receipt using a flatbed scanner as an email attachment(in JPEG and/or PDF format). Each transaction took anywhere from 16 - 22 hours to be filled from the time I emailed the deposit scan until I received an email that confirms the sending of bitcoins.

I noticed that earlier in the thread some where getting their BTC within 4-6 hours. I guess those days are gone. Perhaps business is booming?

I have found that they are also very good at answering emails.

So, though I wish it were quicker, they have been reliable in each transaction. I also wish the fee for depositing cash was lower since there's little if any risk to the company. The fee for depositing cash should be the same as withdrawing. 3%.

Update: have done 2 transactions in January. Both went without a hitch. Same time frame as far as how long it takes to receive your BTC. In fact, looking over my transactions, they all fill after midnight between 1AM EST to 3:30Am EST. One thing I note is that if you set the max price to 0, that indicates to them to buy your bitcoins at market price. I verified this with them via email which was answered quickly. For the transaction that I did this with(setting 0 for market order), I figured I'd probably pay the day's BTC high but was pleasantly surprised that I got the bitcoins lower than the day's high. A whole .12 BTC lower than day's high.

I'm really liking this outfit. I've done over $1000 worth of transactions in total and each has gone without incident. I wish them much success going forward. They really make getting bitcoins convenient with reasonable turnaround and at a good price. So I would be quite saddened to see them go.  
Activity: 46
January 10, 2012, 04:34:38 AM
@Mushroomized: Sorry for the delay - no one posted on this thread for a while, so we stopped checking it very frequently.

Regarding the Western Union issues, we definitely screwed up there, and a number of customers had their payments delayed for a few days. We've refunded everyone who paid us through Western Union that week as compensation for the screw-up. We'll add Western Union again eventually, but probably not for a few more weeks - we want to make absolutely sure we do it right this time.

Regarding SEPA payments, we started accepting those a few weeks ago, and (as far as I know) not one has been delayed more than twelve hours or so from the time the transfer came through.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
January 06, 2012, 05:56:13 PM
No response from get-bitcoin? Interesting.  Huh
Activity: 11
January 06, 2012, 04:32:18 PM
I've had a few transactions with them that were pretty smooth.  The only problem was taking 24+ hours to get my invoice to pay them.

Now however, I have sent them some money and they just have not fulfilled the order.  I've e-mailed 3 times asking about it and haven't heard anything back.  I have made 2 orders since then that have been fulfilled, so I'm not sure what's going on.  They have had my money since the 30th.  I'm sure this is likely a mistake (I'm thinking it could be related to having 2 orders of the same amount open at the same time) but the lack of communication is concerning.  It's only a small amount, but it's still incredibly frustrating that I placed the order when btc was a dollar cheaper and they're just holding onto my money for a week past their estimated 24 hour turn around.

Edit: They just fulfilled it.  Like I had thought, they did have it confused with my other order.
Activity: 25
January 04, 2012, 05:31:35 PM
No problem! I have to say in the interest of fairness that I only tried to purchase through Western Union, which they advertised, but then had a problem with and pulled without advising me of how they were going to resolve the problem, leaving my money in limbo. Other customers seem to be happy enough with other methods of buying from them.

I bought my BTC instead from a user "yossarian" over at bitcoin-otc.com. If you're buying with Euro, he's incredibly helpful! I bought 710 BTC from him for just under €2,000 and he was excellent at communication, and I had my BTC within 3 days (how long it took for the SEPA transfer to come through.) If you agree a price to buy at, that's the amount of BTC you receive from him regardless of whether it rises or falls in price.

Would definitely recommend buying from him instead of get-bitcoin (who had my money sitting with Western Union for nearly a week before I'd had enough and withdrew the payment!)
legendary
Hello!
January 04, 2012, 05:15:39 PM
Please see the following two threads for my incredibly frustrating and disappointing experience with get-bitcoin.com; in the event of a problem, don't expect any help from them.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.655291

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.655286

- grahamgreene

Literally minutes before I was about to purchase from them.

Thanks for the info.
Activity: 25
January 04, 2012, 05:11:48 PM
Please see the following two threads for my incredibly frustrating and disappointing experience with get-bitcoin.com; in the event of a problem, don't expect any help from them.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.655291

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.655286

- grahamgreene
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
December 15, 2011, 06:35:06 PM
I've made two transactions so far. One was smooth as silk and very fast. I got the coins about 4 hours after I deposited cash into their bank account. There was a slight problem with the other, my email with receipt was caught in their spam filter. Possibly my fault, as I didn't write anything in the email other than "attached." They offered a refund of the fees because it took slightly over 24 hours because of this mix up. I declined hoping he makes enough profit to stay honest Smiley Great service all around and reasonable fees.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 07, 2011, 10:47:16 AM
Worked well, tried two small transactions (one cash deposit in BoA for $30 and one bank transfer $60 via BoA payment center). The only thing I would suggest is providing people with a scanned deposit slip for the cash deposits. It was a little odd when the guy at BoA asked what's the address for the account and I did not know it. BoA still took the deposit but there wouldn't have been any questions with a proper deposit slip. The transaction only took 6-8 hours from when I deposited the funds.

Based on my experience, I would recommend get-bitcoin for people just starting with Bitcoin in the US. The turn around time is great and the website was easy to use. The 5% fee is not that bad considering the ridiculous fees charged by other quick turn around sites such as Dialcoin in Europe. However, for larger $250+ transactions it would be worthwhile to spend the extra time to use a full BTC exchange site to pay a lower fee that is unless Get-bitcoin will start to offer tiered pricing for larger orders  Wink
legendary
Hello!
November 19, 2011, 02:41:29 PM
Thanks for answering my question, I might purchase some soon.
Activity: 9
November 19, 2011, 07:50:45 AM
Fantastic experience! Deposited cash at my local bank and bamm!!! several hours later i had my BTC  Grin Cheesy Thank you and will use again!
Pages:
Jump to: