Pages:
Author

Topic: Get-Bitcoin.Com: Reviews Thread - page 3. (Read 34129 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
April 16, 2012, 02:07:04 PM
Quote from: Get-Bitcoin.com
Update 4/12/2012: When emailing us, please don't use an @tormail.net or @safe-mail.net address! GMail will mark your email as spam, and we may not receive it,

That's not cool at all. You can't tell your GMail to never block or mark as spam e-mails from the tormail.net or safe-mail.net domains?

Using gmail's "Not Spam" button you can retrieve a specific message from the Spam folder which will move it to the Inbox, but that is for "training gmail", and is an opaque process from there and is probably won't help much.  Additionally, a filter can be set up so that specific email addresses (like a [email protected]) can be whitelisted (marked as "Never send to spam"), but there is not (to my limited knowledge of gmail) the ability to whitelist an entire domain.  (it will let you add the filter *@tormail.net it just won't actually whitelist an [email protected] with that filter.)

e-mail sucks though and you are correct, that should not be the preferred method of contacting an organization.

Every time I use get-bitcoin, I think about a ton of ways I could start up a competing service and steal so much of their business!

Heh, ... competition is good!  In fact, there have been many competitors (e.g., just for cash-in-mail in the U.S. we lost Bitcoin Morpheus and Bitcoin2Cash market for instance), ... and they're all gone now except for Get-Bitcoin.  So while an exchange seems like it would be something profitable, smaller to mid-sized ones seem to exist more to help Bitcoin move forward than they appear to exist primarily for profit-seeking motives.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
April 16, 2012, 12:05:29 PM
Quote from: Get-Bitcoin.com
Update 4/12/2012: When emailing us, please don't use an @tormail.net or @safe-mail.net address! GMail will mark your email as spam, and we may not receive it, or be able to reply even if we do.
That's not cool at all. You can't tell your GMail to never block or mark as spam e-mails from the tormail.net or safe-mail.net domains? That strikes me as just plain dumb.

Get-Bitcoin's ordering system could use a major overhaul or two. As a weekly get-bitcoin customer, myself, I'm getting tired of how poor this system is. Every time I use get-bitcoin, I think about a ton of ways I could start up a competing service and steal so much of their business! And that's not a good sign for the future of this shabby company.
legendary
March 27, 2012, 06:47:41 PM
The service now uses ZenDesk rather than e-mail for support.  That's a good move.  e-mail sucks for support once you try to support more than a dozen customers.

- https://getbitcoin.zendesk.com/
Activity: 13
March 27, 2012, 01:09:17 PM
i have used get-bitcoin dozens of times in the past few months. they have been great each time.
i've only had one problem and they were quick to resolve it and issue me a refund of fees.
i wouldn't hesitate to use them again and again.
Activity: 14
March 27, 2012, 09:36:49 AM
I use this service with direct bank deposit at Chase and previously Bank of America without any issues. This past month have been no exception. Expect service in 24 hrs usually coin sent in wee hours of the morning for some reason but it is what it is.

Red
Activity: 11
March 23, 2012, 12:26:46 PM
I notice the site has the alert:

Update 3/19/2012: Unfortunately, some cash deposit orders made on Monday the 19th may be delayed a day or two. If your order has been delayed longer than 24 hours, contact us at [email protected] for a fee refund.

That happened to my friend, who e-mailed them about it and big surprise, they haven't responded.
legendary
March 21, 2012, 11:40:59 PM
I notice the site has the alert:

Update 3/19/2012: Unfortunately, some cash deposit orders made on Monday the 19th may be delayed a day or two. If your order has been delayed longer than 24 hours, contact us at [email protected] for a fee refund.

Additionally, there is a new entry to the FAQ:

Q). Are there special requirements for My Bank Account orders? (Added March 2012)
A). Yes. Unfortunately, we have lost thousands of dollars on these orders, due to our banks clearing payments that were later fraudulently reversed. To reduce the amount of fraud, all My Bank Account orders must be accompanied by:
- Photo identification
- A current utility bill

- https://www.get-bitcoin.com/home/faq
Activity: 4
March 21, 2012, 03:59:00 PM
Sent in a review.

At this point ive almost mined 100$ worth of coins on my rig.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
March 21, 2012, 03:53:33 PM
Still no word from them.

SCAM

please write a review here.

http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=5

If get-bitcoin.com is indeed a scam, we will clearly mark the listing as such to let everyone know

thank you.
March 21, 2012, 03:29:29 PM
Still no word from them.

SCAM
March 20, 2012, 02:27:33 PM
SCAM

Good luck getting you coins If you already sent them money. They blamed me for my order taking too long. Im not even gonna bother asking for a refund. Fuck em.
Activity: 11
March 14, 2012, 06:56:34 PM
Edit: Got the coins today! now waiting on a refund.

I wouldn't hold your breath.  They offered me one and asked for a bitcoin address.  After giving it to them, they coins never showed up.  I don't really care.  I've since stopped using them.  

My biggest issue is that they always purchase coins way over the Mt. Gox price, which screws me up because it's so unpredictable.  I can only assume this is to make more money.  I'd be fine with them charging a higher commission, because I can calculate that.  But when the Mt. Gox high is $5.20 and they buy them at $5.50 and I'm expecting a certain amount of coins, it doesn't work.  Oh well.  I'd gladly go back to using them if they fixed this and were a little more professional.

Edit: Actually, a friend just told me that his recent order was much closer to the Mt. Gox price than I've had experience with.
Activity: 2
March 13, 2012, 08:58:30 PM
I still haven't received mine sadly. Early today they said they would be here today. It's getting pretty late. A week and a day is a little bit long :/

Edit: Got the coins today! now waiting on a refund.
Activity: 24
March 12, 2012, 05:23:36 PM
Did another transaction today via bank deposit to Chase.

Acknowledgement of email with deposit scan receipts was very quick.

Now, just waiting on BTC.

(Also waiting on refund of transaction fee from last order that got filled well after 24 hours.)

Will keep you updated.

EDIT: Bitcoins arrived within a reasonable time frame (about 7 hours). So things are back to normal.
Received an email that stated I should get my
refund
from last transaction at some point this evening.

EDIT2 : Evening came and passed and no refunded bit coins yet. Sent another message. Will keep you informed.

EDIT 3: Received the refunded bit-coins this morning. They had issues with Bank of America over the weekend which lead to delays in processing certain transactions.

Operations appear to be back to normal. One thing, though it might take them some time to sort things out, they do come through. Bitcoin market has many issues cropping up from time to time. The company (Get-Bitcoin) would do well to inform their customers promptly when an issue arises. Even if it means having boilerplate messages sent out in bulk. But the more transparency they present to their customers, the more patience and loyalty they will engender.
March 09, 2012, 11:51:32 AM
Just to keep people updated...

Did another transaction 2 days ago. They seem to be having a serious problem again. It's been over 48 hours and I still haven't received my bitcoins. I did a deposit to Chase bank. Emailed the scan of the deposit receipt as usual. Did everything correctly on my end.

So be careful. Ask if everything is all right before you use them to acquire bitcoins.

Will update this post if and when I get my bitcoins. And hopefully be able to report that they are back to normal operations.

EDIT:

Bitcoins finally came in. Just waiting for transaction fee to be refunded.

On a good note, they stated that they have rearranged their workflow to prevent this sort of incident from occurring in the future.

EDIT 2:

NO refund for transaction fee, yet. It's been over 48 hours. No acknowledgement of refund due me yet either. Was told today that it will be passed along to someone to address it.  
March 02, 2012, 04:14:13 PM
Did a transaction today of a couple hundred dollars.

Get ready for this...

It only took under an hour. Yep. Under an hour from the time receipt of the emailed deposit slip scans were confirmed. (34mins to be precise.)

This is the fastest turn around to date for me. It used to take 16 to 20 hours.

They definitely are on the ball.  Grin
February 21, 2012, 04:33:24 PM
I think they might have been affected by MT GOX's 4 hour black-out overnight on the 20th.

I did a deposit into their Chase account yesterday and it's now past the 24 hour mark. Now the service charge will be waived.

But I offered them 2% service fee if they can fill it within an hour after the 24 hour mark. Will update....

Update: no response to my offer and it's past the 25 hour mark. Oh well, the fee will have to be waived. Would have liked for them to get a little something. Wonder what happened. I wish they would give straight answers like, "we had an issue but will fill your order in the next 4 hours" or something to that effect or the old fashioned, "we're experiencing technical difficulties."

Update2: heard from customer service - they are also in the dark as to what happened (hinted MTGox issue) but are working on getting things resolved. My hope is that overnight, it will be fixed and my coins with be in my account(without any fee subtracted since it's over the 24 hr mark). But they definitely need to have a plan in place to inform customers ASAP if there's going to be any delays and a reason why. Waiting in limbo with an information black-out is no fun at all. But not a deal breaker.

Update3: No bitcoins yet after 33 hours. No new information either. Emailed customer service again (w/ CC to orders and alicorn) at around the 32 hour mark asking what the issue is. No response yet to that latest email. They have been good when things were normal in the BTC market. But the latest MTgox outage must have had a profound effect on them and their system for transacting in bitcoins.

But I'm fairly confident that they will come through in the end. They've been reliable in past dealings.

Update4: BITCOINS ARRIVED! A little after the 38 hour mark which is pretty good considering the delay was due to the MT Gox outage as well as Tradehill shutting down operations. It appears things have been sorted out and looks to be back to normal.

Activity: 37
February 21, 2012, 09:45:48 AM
I've used GetBitcoin's services twice in the past week. Excellent service!
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
February 15, 2012, 06:07:17 PM
I really wish there was a way, when selling coins, to lock in rates or trade in mtgox coupons... anything to hold the value of the coins from the time of sale.

I put in an order @ 5.4, by the time you guys got to it btc was @ 4.5. Not really your fault (other than the fact my first email reply was 36 hours after I sent the coins) but if your system was more automated or took USD vouchers I wouldn't be looking at hundreds of dollars in loss.
Activity: 25
February 14, 2012, 01:58:28 AM
Hey everyone. Two big new changes we're making, starting today:

- As some of you might have noticed, our customer service is slower than it used to be. We are, simply put, victims of our own success, and have had too many customers every day to deal with things as timely as we'd like to. So, we're bringing on two new full-time customer service people to deal with the load. This means that, as soon as we've gotten things up and running this week, emails to customer support, invoices for ACH payments, and confirmation of cash deposits should take minutes rather than hours during the business day. You can contact our new support people at [email protected].

- We've re-added Western Union as a form of payment. As this thread testifies, we've had problems with this in the past, so we've taken measures to ensure that payments are processed as soon as possible and within our 24-hour guarantee. Please do let us know if you've had any issues with our Western Union or other services.

Both excellent developments - glad to hear that you'll be increasing your customer service capacity! Although I had a pretty terrible first experience with get-bitcoin.com, I'll support any business that strives to improve itself for the good of their customers. I look forward to making a small order sometime in the near future.

- grahamgreene
Pages:
Jump to: